This isn’t a super-major update, but there were some bugs I really wanted to address, so here’s a new build with my latest progress.
To view a list of everything that is fixed/changed, scroll down past this beautiful illustration by RosalineTeaCat!
Changes, Fixes, Additions
- If you join a club, then commit murder in front of a clubmember, there will be consequences on the following day; that clubmember will tell the club leader what they saw you doing, and you will be kicked out of the club the next time you speak to the club leader. After that, speaking to the club leader will cause them to say a line of dialogue about how they can’t allow you to re-join the club. There was a bug that was preventing club leaders from speaking this line of dialogue! This bug has been fixed, so you should now be able to actually hear these lines of dialogue from all club leaders.
- Added “Discord Rich Presence” to the game, thanks to assistance from PiranchDev ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCliNGvGQBccuuKjZXgQuTQA )! This means that, if you play Yandere Simulator while logged into Discord, your Discord status will update to “Playing Yandere Simulator” – with additional text describing exactly what you’re currently doing in-game!
- After witnessing murder, Social Butterflies will now run to the largest group of students at school, instead of always running to the plaza. (Sometimes, the largest group will be in the plaza, though.) This feature may currently be buggy, and might require some adjustment in the future.
- From now on, you will see a “Red String of Fate” connecting Senpai to the current rival, when Yandere Vision is active. Because there is no rival in the game right now, you will see the Red String connecting Senpai to the “Indestructible Rival” in the school plaza.
- Fixed bug that would cause sparring Martial Arts clubmembers to continue performing their attack animations (or freeze like statues) if one of them was distracted by a radio.
- Fixed bug that could cause the game to get stuck in Yandere Vision if it was active while the player initiated the Kokona-Riku matchmaking minigame.
- Fixed bug that caused the game to become unresponsive if Yandere-chan was being chased / pepper-sprayed by a student council member.
- Fixed bug that caused Phone Addicts to pose as though they were holding invisible phones if they were alarmed while sunbathing.
- Fixed bug that caused delinquents to say the wrong lines when witnessing a dropped weapon / blood pool / limb on the ground.
- Fixed bug that caused Yandere-chan to continue holding objects in her hands even while she was being unmasked by Senpai.
- Fixed bug that caused Nemesis’ location to be revealed when the player opened the school map during Mission Mode.
- Added short fences in the Japanese gardens to prevent the player from being able to walk on top of water.
- Yandere-chan is now allowed to equip a weapon while a pursuer is charging towards her to apprehend her.
- Fixed graphical bug that caused some of the tree leaves in the Japanese garden areas to appear grey.
- Students will no longer be willing to follow Yandere-chan if they are currently wearing a swimsuit.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.