This is a relatively minor update, compared to yesterday’s build, but it contains some fixes that I’d like to release sooner rather than later. It does contains a couple of significant adjustments to game design / general gameplay, though, so it’s a good idea to read the changelog and see how things are going to be different from here on out.
To read a list of everything that is changed in this build, scroll down past this super-pretty illustration of Ayano by AlpakaArt!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- Yandere-chan is no longer allowed to run away while being chased by a Teacher/Hero/Senpai; it created too many exploits and holes in the game design. Instead, if a character is running at Yandere-chan, she will stare down her pursuer and face them head-on.
- The act of crouch-walking or crawling around on the ground will now be considered suspicious, and will result in the same reaction as maniacal laughter or low sanity.
- If students see you covered in blood and carrying a weapon while School Atmosphere is low, they will automatically assume that you’re a murderer and react accordingly.
- Fixed bug that caused outlines to appear on the nurse’s body and Shiromi’s scarf even if the player had disabled outlines from the Settings menu.
- Made a slight adjustment to the static that appears when the player tries to make Yandere-chan leave school before Senpai leaves.
- Fixed bug that caused Cooking Club members to return to their “hand out food” routine after witnessing and reporting a corpse.
- Fixed bug that caused some clubrooms to enable the wrong conversation topics, or not enable some conversation topics at all.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to acquire all fifteen conversation topics.
- Fixed bug that caused one of Yandere-chan’s new hair models to change the game’s camera angle.
- Fixed bug that allowed Yandere-chan to take off her mask before Senpai could unmask her.
- Updated the appearance of Yandere-chan’s Sailor Moon-inspired hair model.