Happy New Year!
I didn’t want to let any more time pass without a progress report, so I’ve prepared one for you. It’s mostly a recap of what I’ve already said across various blog posts over the past few months, but I wanted to make sure that this information was shared with the YouTube audience, and not just the blog audience.
In addition to the video, I also have a new bug-fixing build to release today! To read a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build, scroll down past this gorgeous Happy New Year illustration by Agyle!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- Added another background track to the school scene (with 9 variations, one for each combination of atmosphere and sanity). These tracks were created by Ferret Entertainment! The school scene now has 8 tracks in total. During school gameplay, you can skip to the next track by tapping the “M” key twice.
- Removed Study-kun A and Study-kun B. Their purpose was to allow the player to deduce what Kokona was attracted to (slick hair, intelligence) but now that the school has other male students with those traits, the Study-kuns are no longer necessary.
- Added two new background music tracks to Mission Mode (there are now 8 tracks in total). You can change the music that plays in Mission Mode by opening the pause screen and selecting the music icon during Mission Mode gameplay.
- Fixed bug that would cause Light Music Club members’ musical instruments to levitate in front of their bodies if they were distracted by a noise while they were practicing with their instruments.
- Upgraded the music being played by the Light Music Club when they practice around 5:00 PM. The new track was provided by David Area Williams of DIAVImusic (diavi.com)!
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to highlight menu options while the “Are you sure?” confirmation window was displaying at the title screen.
- From now on, whenever the police identify a student’s corpse, the following day will begin with a memorial service for the deceased student.
- From now on, if Kokona is in a relationship with Riku, she will no longer turn her head and check out other guys she finds attractive.
- Adjusted glasses on Senpai’s face in the Senpai creation screen so that the glasses aren’t clipping into his head in a weird way.
- The lock of Senpai’s hair in Yandere-chan’s Senpai Shrine will now be the same color as the hair that Senpai actually has.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from being able to play Mission Mode if they hadn’t set up a save profile yet.
- Fixed bug that caused some text to hover over the “Are you sure?” confirmation window at the Calendar screen.
- Moved the kidnapping case to the gym instead of the storage closet. (It was always meant to be in the gym.)
- The Save/Load feature will now remember what doors were opened/closed at the time that the game was saved.
- Fixed bug that caused School Atmosphere to shoot to 600% if the player got the delinquents expelled.
- Adjusted the dates on the Calendar scene so that the game now takes place in 2020 instead of 2019.
- Teachers now have different hair colors, instead of all being brown-haired.
- Fixed lighting bugs with the panties in Yandere-chan’s room.
Probably one of those red “X” items from the checklist that I displayed in this video!
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!