If you’ve been following the development of Yandere Simulator for a while, then you’ve probably noticed that all female characters share the same “base model”; as a result, they all have the same face:
I’ve tried to make each character as distinct as possible using different hair styles, hair colors, eye colors, accessories, makeup, bust size, skirt length, stockings, etc. However, being stuck with one face is kinda lame; being able to give each character a different face would be a giant improvement…
…which is why I’m incredibly grateful to AMZE, who has upgraded the character models to make it possible for me to tweak their faces! Here are some before-and-after shots:
In the latest build, I’ve given new eye shapes to the female students! Some of them share the same general shape as other students, but now there is waaaaay more variety than there was before, and characters’ personalities are more accurately reflected in their faces.
If you don’t like some of these faces, don’t worry about it; these are merely the “first drafts” for new faces. They can always be improved in the future. (I might even add a face-tweaking menu to Pose Mode!)
The latest build also contains numerous other bug fixes and minor cosmetic changes. To read a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build, scroll down past this festive illustration of Yandere-chan, drawn by IceAngel0203!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- From now on, when you take a photo of something that has a use for Yandere-chan (like a photo of panties), a text box will appear at the top of the screen and display the name of whatever you have just photographed. If you take a photo of a Task-related subject (such as the kitten, or Miyuji playing air guitar) you’ll see the name of that subject appear at the top of the screen, too. This should help the player to confirm that they have taken a photograph of something that satisfies the requirements of a Task.
- From now on, whenever you speak to a student, all Light Music Club members’ instruments will decrease in volume so that the sound of their instruments doesn’t overpower the voice of the student you’re speaking to. Their volume will return to normal when you stop speaking to the student. (I never had a problem with Dora’s drums overpowering Gita’s voice, because I never spoke to Gita when she was sitting directly underneath Dora…)
- Thanks to help from AMZE, female characters now have more distinct faces. As of now, no two female characters have a 100% identical face, although there are characters with very similar faces (within 1% of one another). Their current faces are not necessarily final, and may continue to change in the future.
- Fixed the camera that provides a view of an object striking Kokona after it has been dropped from the roof (press “Q” when dropping something on Kokona to see this camera).
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to launch with timeScale at a high value. (As a result, the game would look like it was running at a super-fast speed.)
- Added a new item to Info-chan’s “Drops” menu; a lockpick. It can be used to pick the lock to the gardening shed or the medicine cabinet.
- Fixed bug that caused students to stop following Yandere-chan if she went to the school roof and stood directly above a bathroom.
- Fixed bug that caused Geiju to give a positive response instead of a negative response when refusing to follow Yandere-chan.
- Updated Saki Miyu’s hair. (I’ve always wanted it to have a silhouette similar to her original hairstyle from back in 2015.)
- Fixed bug that would cause Shiromi to get stuck trying to enter the Gardening Club if it closed down.
- Adjusted the appearance of Yandere-chan’s eyes during Yandere Vision.
- Fixed bug that made it impossible to dump water on Kokona.
- Fixed the broken “Riku confesses to Kokona” cutscene.
- Updated the Cooking Club apron textures again.