Hey! The previous build was mostly stable, but had a few annoying bugs, so I’ve released a new update that hopefully fixes those issues. By the way, there’s something I’d like to mention:
About a month ago, I saw the game’s framerate mysteriously drop by about 7 FPS. I reviewed the changes I made to the game, around that point in time, and I couldn’t identify anything that would have such a significant impact on the framerate. I was completely baffled!
While I was attempting to search for a solution, I found something completely unrelated that improved the framerate by 7 FPS. But, because of the mysterious FPS drop, the result was -7, +7…in other words, zero! So, even though I found something that drastically improved the FPS, it felt like I hadn’t made any progress at all!
For the past month, I’ve been trying to figure out what caused that mysterious FPS drop…and today, I think I’ve finally discovered and fixed the problem! My FPS seems to have increased by about 7 FPS – meaning that it’s actually gone up 14 FPS within the past month! I’m really psyched about that!
If you have the previous build of the game, I’m curious to know if you’d be interested in comparing it to the current build of the game, and letting me know whether or not you see an improvement. If we can confirm that the FPS went up in the latest build, then this provides me with a huge amount of insight, and I’ll be able to make further progress with improving the FPS! Exciting stuff!
Anyway, to read a list of everything that changed in the latest build, scroll down past this super badass illustration by Lincoln Sherlocks!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- Fixed bug that would cause a black shadow to appear on Yandere-chan’s face during the “Sans” easter egg, if the panty censor was activated when the easter egg was activated.
- Fixed bug that would cause the End of Day sequence to become impossible to view if Yandere-chan was wearing a cardboard box when the sequence began.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the End-of-Day sequence from proceeding forward if none of the murder weapons had any fingerprints at all.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to softlock if the player pick-pocketed a faculty member while an easter egg was active.
- Fixed bug that prevented Yandere-chan’s gloves from coming off when she took off her clothing in the locker room.
- Fixed bug that caused the LMC members’ instruments to float in midair when they became alarmed by Yandere-chan.
- Fixed bug that would prevent delinquents from switching to the “Spiteful” Persona upon seeing a Bully corpse.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the player from being able to mute the basement music in Yandere-chan’s home.
- Fixed bug that caused the LMC members’ instruments to float in midair if they died due to an easter egg.
- Unconfirmed, but may have improved framerate? It looks better on my end, please test it out for yourself and compare it to the previous build if possible!
- Added a new easter egg. You activate it by typing two words during gameplay. The first word is a synonym for “boat” and the second word is a synonym for “female”. (This easter egg was actually present in the past few builds, but nobody found it! This could be a new method for hiding easter eggs…)