Hey! The previous build was mostly stable, but had a few annoying bugs, so I’ve released a new update that hopefully fixes those issues. By the way, there’s something I’d like to mention:
About a month ago, I saw the game’s framerate mysteriously drop by about 7 FPS. I reviewed the changes I made to the game, around that point in time, and I couldn’t identify anything that would have such a significant impact on the framerate. I was completely baffled!
While I was attempting to search for a solution, I found something completely unrelated that improved the framerate by 7 FPS. But, because of the mysterious FPS drop, the result was -7, +7…in other words, zero! So, even though I found something that drastically improved the FPS, it felt like I hadn’t made any progress at all!
For the past month, I’ve been trying to figure out what caused that mysterious FPS drop…and today, I think I’ve finally discovered and fixed the problem! My FPS seems to have increased by about 7 FPS – meaning that it’s actually gone up 14 FPS within the past month! I’m really psyched about that!
If you have the previous build of the game, I’m curious to know if you’d be interested in comparing it to the current build of the game, and letting me know whether or not you see an improvement. If we can confirm that the FPS went up in the latest build, then this provides me with a huge amount of insight, and I’ll be able to make further progress with improving the FPS! Exciting stuff!
Anyway, to read a list of everything that changed in the latest build, scroll down past this super badass illustration by Lincoln Sherlocks!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- Fixed bug that would cause a black shadow to appear on Yandere-chan’s face during the “Sans” easter egg, if the panty censor was activated when the easter egg was activated.
- Fixed bug that would cause the End of Day sequence to become impossible to view if Yandere-chan was wearing a cardboard box when the sequence began.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the End-of-Day sequence from proceeding forward if none of the murder weapons had any fingerprints at all.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to softlock if the player pick-pocketed a faculty member while an easter egg was active.
- Fixed bug that prevented Yandere-chan’s gloves from coming off when she took off her clothing in the locker room.
- Fixed bug that caused the LMC members’ instruments to float in midair when they became alarmed by Yandere-chan.
- Fixed bug that would prevent delinquents from switching to the “Spiteful” Persona upon seeing a Bully corpse.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the player from being able to mute the basement music in Yandere-chan’s home.
- Fixed bug that caused the LMC members’ instruments to float in midair if they died due to an easter egg.
- Unconfirmed, but may have improved framerate? It looks better on my end, please test it out for yourself and compare it to the previous build if possible!
- Added a new easter egg. You activate it by typing two words during gameplay. The first word is a synonym for “boat” and the second word is a synonym for “female”. (This easter egg was actually present in the past few builds, but nobody found it! This could be a new method for hiding easter eggs…)
127 thoughts on “October 24th Bug-Fixing Build (and framerate improvement?)”
YandereDev I was thinking and…Just until Osana is ready you could add a Hunger games mode in Yandere Simulator but just until Osana is ready and then you can remove it.
Why would he add something that he will have to remove after Osana is finished?
I am sorry after I posted this comment I think myself and I noticed that this is stupid and doesn’t fit the game I wish I could delete this comment its beacause I am waiting almost 2 weeks until he release a new update and he doesn,t even release a preview
That’s fine, maybe he is working on a mini halloween game.
Maybe you should make sure that the game doesn’t go through too many lines of code all the time? Long and inefficient code may make the game have low fps.
Please don’t make the mistake of thinking that coding technique doesnt matter, because only you see it… Your game has a lot of potential, but may suffer because of this.
how do i get the kgftbz pose mod for the newer builds of yandere simulator
I honestly don’t think that’s possible with the newer builds since Alex as added in Pose Mode in the newer builds.
but i have pose mod now………
Snap mode snap mode… Intro cutscene
Is the mysterious obstacle going to be rival chan? That will be amazing and she can be Osana’s big sister
Sorry if I write something wrong I am from Romania
Like YandereDev would say, you’ll see
Si eu sunt din Romania!
I think you forgot Megami’s gloves in the end of the day secuence.
I wanna play the new build but the game keeps looping on the loading screen before school, the game doesn’t freeze. It just will not get to the game
another spicy update yan dev! great work ! you’re doing awesome and we all love your amazing updates please do keep them up! I cant wait until osana najimi is in the game ❤
Someone figured out how to spawn Osana in this build…Why can’t people leave the bitch alone and let her live peacefully in the files? It won’t be long till she is officially released. Then everyone can kill her whenever they feel like it. Well at least the obstacle is still secret.
Haven’t played the build yet but did really no one tried to summon the succubus? Really?
What should YandereDev should be working right now?
What is the most important besides the framerate on the checklist?