How many times have you seen these words?
When the player leaves school – or when the school day ends – there are several events that may need to transpire. Depending on the player’s actions, the police might arrive at school, someone might get called into the guidance counselor’s office, a club might get shut down, etc.
Instead of depicting these scenarios visually with 3D models and animations, I have been using pink words on a black background to describe what happens when the school day ends. I call this the “End-of-Day” sequence. Even though I almost never mention it in my videos or blog posts, it’s one of the most important (and complex!) aspects of the entire game!
From the beginning, I’ve always wanted the End-of-Day sequence to have visuals, instead of being text floating in an empty black void. As of now, I’m proud to say that the End-of-Day sequence finally has visuals! The visuals are very, very simple, but they’re still much better than plain text on a black background. Here’s an example of what the player will see if the police arrive at school and arrest Yandere-chan for murder:
Huge improvement, don’t you think?
I regard many of the current animations to be placeholders; I’m planning to have them replaced with improved versions in the future.
The End-of-Day sequence has visuals for all of the following circumstances:
- The police arriving at school
- Whether or not the police find any corpses
- Whether or not the police find any murder weapons
- Whether or not the police find any fingerprints on the murder weapons
- Whether or not the police find anything helpful on the school’s security cameras
- Whether or not the police find Yandere-chan guilty of a crime
- Whether or not the police find an unconscious tranquilized student inside of a musical instrument case
- Whether or not masks are banned from school, as a result of security cameras or eyewitnesses seeing a masked killer at school
- The police leaving school
- Yandere-chan stalking Senpai and returning home
- A student (like Kokona) being sent to the guidance counselor
- One of Info-chan’s “Schemes” failing (like failing to complete the Scheme that involves Sakyu Basu’s ring, or failing to complete the Scheme that involves stealing an answer sheet from the faculty room)
- A club shutting down
- Yandere-chan returning to school to retrieve a tranquilized victim
- Whether or not the school erects a fence to prevent rooftop-related deaths in the future
- Whether or not Megami orders the installation of security cameras and metal detectors in response to a student council member’s death
- Whether or not Yandere-chan is arrested
- Whether or not another student besides Yandere-chan is arrested
- Whether or not the police investigate a corpse that fell from the school roof, was poisoned, was drowned, or was electrocuted
Because of the sheer number of different outcomes that can occur during the End-of-Day sequence, it’s possible that there are some bugs in the current build. I tried to bug-test it as much as possible, but something might have slipped past me. Rest assured that if there are any bugs, I’ll address them in the next build!
Speaking of fixing bugs, I also fixed a bunch of bugs in the latest build. Click “Continue Reading” to see a list of everything that was fixed!
- Fixed bug that would cause a club leader to speak as though they were in their club if they were in a clubroom located directly above or beneath their clubroom.
- Fixed bug that would cause Miyuji to attempt to lean on nonexistent rooftop railing if the rooftop railing had been replaced with a chain link fence.
- Fixed bug that would cause a martial artist’s corpse to be teleported to the martial arts room when performing the “practice combat” feature.
- Fixed bug that would cause a teacher’s animations to break if she noticed a corpse while simultaneously fighting with Yandere-chan.
- Fixed bug that prevented outlines from appearing around the hairstyles of the newest students (Light Music Club).
- Fixed bug that caused the LMC’s instrument cases to disappear during an Apprehended game over.
- Returned “resting bitchface” to Kuu Dere, since it kinda makes sense for her to have it.
- Fixed bug that would cause characters to get stuck on the bench nearby the pool area.
- Fixed bug that would cause the Martial Arts Club to close if Miyuji Shan died.
- Implemented visuals for the “End of Day” Sequence!