Whoops! The martial arts sparring minigame had some bugs. I’ve uploaded a new build where it’s much more stable! But, before I talk about that…
The Magical Girl Pretty Miyuki minigame doesn’t grant the player any rewards for beating it (yet), so I’d like to personally congratulate four YouTubers who beat it! Say hello to these magical
This artwork was drawn by MulberryArt, and you can see each magical boy drawn individually here:
Click “Continue Reading” for a list of everything that is fixed or changed in the latest build, as well as some news about the status of the Light Music Club!
Fixes and Changes
- Fixed bug that caused Cooking Club members to perform their “preparing food” animation while standing in front of other characters if they were alarmed on their way to their destination.
- Fixed bug that would cause a teacher to call the police and report murder twice in a row if she witnessed Yandere-chan trespassing in the faculty room after reporting murder.
- Fixed bug that would cause Cooking Club members to interrupt your sparring matches by trying to offer food to the student you were sparring with, or the spectators.
- Fixed bug that would cause martial artists to switch to the “Loner” persona after being defeated in the combat minigame in the Martial Arts Club.
- If you kill a member of the Occult Club before doing the Occult Club’s activity, you will only see 5 cultists instead of 6 during the ritual.
- Fixed bug that would cause a discussion to occur between the Guidance Counselor and Kokona even if Kokona had been sent home by Info-chan.
- Fixed bug that would cause female students to speak with a male voice after practicing the combat minigame in the Martial Arts Club.
- Fixed bug that would cause School Atmosphere to drop more than intended when multiple corpses were left on school grounds.
- Fixed bug that caused Phone Addicts to hold their phones at weird angles if they texted during low school atmosphere.
- Fixed bug that caused Kokona to perform the “realizing that phone is missing” animation twice instead of just once.
- Fixed bug that would cause the sparring minigame to break if the player defeated Mina after defeating Shima.
- Fixed bug that caused Kokona to continue using a phone even after her phone had been stolen.
- Fixed bug that would cause Student Council Members try to interrupt sparring matches.
- Photography Club members can no longer be targeted by bullies.
Where’s the Light Music Club?
The easy stuff has been taken care of; writing their profiles, giving them unique appearances, making them spawn at school, giving them a daily routine where they perform actions that other characters don’t perform, etc. I still need a tiny handful of assets to finish implementing them, but the majority of the work is done. However, there’s something special about them that I should tell you about. Let me give you a bit of backstory:
The club leader meeting, the Miyuki minigame, and the sparring feature are all things that I’ve been imagining for years. It’s been incredibly gratifying to spend time implementing these features, because it makes me feel like Yandere Simulator is finally transforming into the game that exists in my imagination. The next “feature I’ve been planning for years” would be something associated with the Light Music Club…something I’ve been vague and secretive about, since I want it to be a surprise.
The aforementioned features (meeting, Miyuki, sparring) went into the game very quickly. However, my plans for the Light Music Club are way more elaborate. Perhaps…too elaborate. Recently, I’ve been doing some thinking…and I think my big dream for the LMC might be too ambitious. It’s definitely something that I could eventually accomplish, after enough time and effort, but…would it really be a wise way to spend my time? It doesn’t really have much to do with being a yandere girl, so I can definitely foresee a lot of people calling it an unnecessary feature. As much as I’ve been looking forward to it, I have to admit that it feels superfluous.
Since the majority of my time this year has been spent taking care of absolutely necessary features, I felt like it was okay to take a short break to work on “just-for-fun” stuff like the Miyuki minigame. However, I would feel irresponsible if I immediately began working on another “just-for-fun” feature that would take much longer to implement. So, I feel very hesitant to commit to working on this big elaborate feature for the Light Music Club.
I’ve decided that it would be a good idea for me to reduce the scope of the Light Music Club’s special feature; in other words, I’d like to implement an simplified, miniature version of the feature, instead of going with the original plan and making something time-consuming and elaborate. In short: it’ll be 2D instead of 3D, but the gameplay will remain the same. That’s as much as I’m willing to reveal for now.
After I finish working on this simple feature, I’ll move on to implementing the next feature that the game requires: the guidance counselor. One of my volunteers has expressed an interest in developing a more elaborate version of the Light Music Club’s feature while I’m working on the guidance counselor, so that my dream can eventually come true. I like this idea, so hopefully, that’s the way things will work out.
I’d love to give you an estimate for when the Light Music Club will be 100% finished and revealed, but my time estimates are always inaccurate, and only lead to disappointment. So, instead, I’ll simply say that I hope you’ll look forward to it!
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!