You know how, when you’re talking to a club leader, there is a “Spar” option on the dialogue wheel?
For the past couple of years, that menu option has been unavailable. In the current build, it finally does something!
The idea is that, for every club, that menu option would have a different effect. For the Martial Arts Club, it would be “Spar”, but for other clubs, it would be something else entirely.
In the case of the Martial Arts Club, it would allow the player to practice the delinquent combat minigame in a safe setting with no consequences, so that you can gain experience at the minigame without actually putting yourself at risk of being knocked out by the delinquents.
I’ve wanted to implement this feature for years, but of course, it had to wait until the delinquents and the combat minigame were in the game. The Light Music Club is going to use that menu option, so I had to implement it as part of the process for implementing the LMC. Now that this feature is in the game, we’re one step closer to the LMC being completely finished!
I’m actually not sure if this feature will make it into the final game; it could extend development time considerably if every club has a unique utility or interactive minigame. Because I’m not actually sure if this feature will make it into the game, I haven’t been talking about it at all for the past few years; if I have to cut this feature from the game, I don’t want anyone to feel like I’ve broken a promise. Still, this is a feature that I want the game’s demo to have, so that I can say, “This is my vision for the game,” when I’m showing off the demo.
On the subject of giving every club a unique utility that is accessible by talking to the club leader, I already have ideas for every club – but I’d still be interested in hearing what kind of ideas you might come up with. If every club had a menu option that resulted in some sort of gameplay benefit, what kind of features do you think would be most beneficial for the player? It could be a “practice mode” for one of the game’s features, but it could also grant the player a benefit or an item or something along those lines. What ideas can you come up with?
Of course, I’ve been working on other stuff, too – but the majority of it, I can’t show you yet, since it’s not ready and I want it to be a surprise. I’m really excited about all of it, though!
For a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build, click “Continue Reading”!
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Fixed bug that would cause a soft-lock if the player used the “change subjects” feature while talking to a placeholder club leader.
- Fixed bug that would make bullies freeze in place like statues when they arrived at the rooftop after being told to “Go Away”.
- Fixed bug that would cause held objects to clip into Yandere-chan’s face while she was performing her laugh animation.
- Fixed bug that caused characters’ smartphones to clip through their hands in a weird way while calling the police.
- Fixed bug that caused Yandere-chan and Kokona to have strange appearances in the “Befriend/Betray” cutscene.
- Fixed bug that caused students to react to a can of gasoline as though it was a cleaning product.
- Fixed bug that would cause certain students to attempt to sit in the same seat as other students.
- Fixed bug that gave club leaders the wrong icons on their armbands in their student portraits.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from using the “Study with suitor in Library” feature.
- Fixed bug that would cause a musical instrument case to appear on Nemesis’ back.
- Added collision box to a table in the Science Club that was missing collision.
- Updated the title screen music and boss battle music in the Miyuki minigame.
- Added a “practice self defense” feature to the Martial Arts club.
- Added more props to the backstage area of the school gym.