The assets I need to implement the Light Music Club are beginning to trickle in – I’m so excited about it! I’ve begun to implement them, but so far, I’ve mostly just worked on the cosmetic aspects of the characters and club; they don’t have true functionality yet, so they’re disabled in the current build.
In the meantime, I worked on other features and made progress on Osana. The latest build contains a new feature that I’m really excited about, but I don’t want to say too much about it…I want to see the surprise on YouTubers’ faces when they find it for the first time. All I’m going to say is that the new feature is located somewhere within Yandere-chan’s home. I’m looking forward to seeing what they think of it!
When you see this feature, you might ask yourself, “Why did YandereDev spend time on this, instead of working on a core gameplay feature?” The answer is that the new feature fulfills certain criteria that Yandere Simulator’s demo needs to fulfill. I’m intentionally being vague about it, because I plan to explain my reasoning in my next video, which will come out when the Light Music Club is done!
To see a list of everything that is new, different, or fixed in the latest build, scroll down past his porcelain figure of Aoi, created by MarianaAndrade123! It’s modeled after this illustration from MulberryArt!
Fixed, Changes, and Additions
- It is now possible to learn a student’s opinions on various topics by befriending the student, then asking them to follow you around school, and then walking by various important locations (such as clubrooms, the library, the incinerator area, etc). As of now, only Kokona has opinions on topics, but other students will be updated with opinions evenutally. (This is related to the matchmaking feature, where the suitor has to make positive/negative remarks about various topics.)
- To make it clear that the player must befriend Kokona in order to be able to use the “Offer Help” command, the text “Must Befriend Student First” now appears when attempting to offer help to Kokona before befriending her.
- Fixed bug that would cause a character’s smartphone (and a little magical girl attached to the smartphone) to remain visible in their hands if they were killed while holding a smartphone.
- Fixed bug that allowed a delinquent to get into a fight with Yandere-chan while she was in the process of dumping a body into an incinerator, causing both states to occur simultaneously.
- Fixed bug that would cause a voiced line from Info-chan to play when looking at a character’s profile after looking at Info-chan’s profile.
- Fixed bug that caused one of the gym doors to open in the wrong direction, pushing Yandere-chan through a wall when she tried to open it.
- Fixed bug that would cause a student to twitch rapidly if they spotted Yandere-chan after calling the police to report a murder.
- When I changed Kokona’s StudentID number, various features related to Kokona became broken. These features should now be fixed.
- Gave Gema a new hairstyle upon completion of his Task. His new hairstyle should make him look much more like a “handsome stud”.
- Fixed bug that would cause the bullies to enter the “peeking at Gema” animation even if Gema was not inside of his clubroom.
- Fixed bug that prevented certain hairstyles from losing their outlines when using the Settings menu to turn off outlines.
- A student’s name now appears beside the button prompt at their locker, so that you can easily tell whose locker it is.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere Vision shadows to remain visible even after Yandere Vision had been de-activated.
- The bullies will no longer bully a boy that they have a crush on, no matter what level his reputation is at.
- Fixed bug that caused the game to freeze when trying to perform the Martial Arts Club’s club activity.
- It is no longer possible to block a student’s path using a dropped object (like a bucket or a mop).
- Fixed bug that would cause a white rectangle to appear beneath Yandere-chan’s computer at night.
- The Cooking Club will now prepare food that matches the descriptions written in their profiles.
- Fixed bug that would cause a Cooking Club member to try to give food to a mind-broken slave.
- Fixed bug that caused the back sides of the curtains in the school gym to be invisible.
- Added something new to the game, located inside of Yandere-chan’s home. Who will be the first to find it?