Hey! Sorry to keep you waiting. The new video and new build are finally ready!
The changelog for this build is super-long; there are about 37 additions/changes/fixes between this build and the previous one! Click “Continue Reading” to see it!
- Added 9 new characters to the game.
- Added 2 new clubs to the game – Cooking and Drama. (Arguably, it’s 3 new clubs, since the Gaming Club has completely changed).
- Added 1 new task to the game. This is the first task that has utility outside of simply befriending a student; it impacts other characters’ routines.
Changes / Improvements
- It is no longer possible to activate “High School Population” mode, since it was a feature that always required a lot of maintenance, and it’s no longer necessary, since the school’s population is pretty high as it already is.
- When talking to a club leader in a clubroom, it is now possible to switch from discussing the club to discussing other topics by pressing the “F” key (or the X button on Xbox controller).
- A fragile student will no longer agree to meet you to discuss bullying in a classroom; they’ll only agree to meet you in a place with few people (like behind the school or the rooftop).
- It is no longer possible for Nemesis to disguise herself as a club leader, since it could prevent the player from being able to join a club they need to join in Mission Mode.
- Removed Oka Ruto from the game and made Shin Higaku the president of the Occult Club.
- Removed the “Rainbow Girls” and “Rainbow Boys” except for Kokona, Riku, and Saki.
- Musume’s task is now available after cleaning time, instead of during lunchtime.
- The Sports Club will now eat lunch nearby the pool as part of their routine.
- The bullies will now sunbathe at the pool as part of their routine.
- Added new props to the backstage area of the school gym.
- Updated the appearance of male gym uniforms.
Gaming Club Changes
- Improved the “playing video games” animation.
- Changed the Gaming Club accessory to a red cloth. (Every clubmember wears their cloth differently.)
- The “play a video game” feature has been moved from the computer lab into the new Gaming Club room.
- The Gaming Club has been moved to a different room in the school, and has been furnished with props.
- The Gaming Club students now walk around school, playing an “augmented reality” game on their smartphones.
- Yandere-chan can now view “augmented reality” on her smartphone in order to see where the Gaming Club is heading next.
- Yandere-chan can also “play” the augmented reality game; she can shoot energy blasts to kill virtual monsters, which will cause the Gaming Club to change course and head in a different direction.
- Fixed bug that would cause the Sports Club members to swim inside of the gym, if the player attended class during lunchtime while a Sports Club member was swimming in the pool.
- Fixed bug that allowed a Sports Club student to be attacked while he was diving into the pool, while his body was in midair between the diving board and the water.
- Fixed bug that caused the “Rest at Infirmary” feature to print out a line of text about a corpse being at school, even if no corpses were present at school.
- Fixed bug that allowed Yandere-chan to escape from a 4-student group takedown, if the takedown involved a member of the student council.
- Fixed bug that caused a student council to forget about witnessing a murder if they witnessed Yandere-chan fighting a delinquent.
- Fixed bug that would cause the player to hear sound effects even if they were occurring on the opposite side of the map.
- Fixed bug that prevented the day from ending if the player used the “Rest in Infirmary” feature at the end of the day.
- Fixed bug that caused one of the school’s security cameras to remain active when the security system was deactivated.
- Fixed bug that would allow a mind-broken slave to murder a Sports Club member while they were swimming in the pool.
- Fixed bug that would cause grass to appear on the screen of the mysterious laptop in the student council room.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from changing into a spare uniform inside of the girls’ locker room.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to take a panty shot of a student wearing pants and a lab coat.
- Fixed bug that caused a text box about joining clubs to appear when talking to student council.
- Fixed bug that caused Art Club students to be unable to perform the “Go Away” favor.
- Fixed bug that prevented students from pathfinding onto the gym stage or walkways.
- Fixed the broken “Riku confesses to Kokona” cutscene.
Hey! Something’s missing!
You’re right! Most of the “Rainbow Girls” and “Rainbow Boys” have been removed from the game.
Each character present at school has an impact on the game’s framerate, so there is a limit to how many characters I’m willing to have in the game. Right now, that number is 100. Because the number of “character slots” is limited, I don’t want any characters to exist in the game without a meaningful purpose. The Rainbow students were not contributing anything of value, and so they were removed to make room for characters who had more meaningful reasons to exist in the game.
With that said, I already miss them and want them to come back. Even if didn’t have purpose, they are still a part of the game’s history and identity. I think they can be brought back and given depth and meaningful purposes…but not until after the game’s framerate is more stable.
In the near future, I’ll do an “optimization pass” and attempt to improve the game’s performance. If the framerate significantly improves, then I may be able to add more characters to the game without any negative consequence. Once that happens, there might be enough room to bring back the Rainbow students! If not, then perhaps they will appear in 1980s Mode, like the old pompadour delinquents and female delinquents.
It’s possible that, in a future build, I’ll allow the player to use a cheat code to spawn the Rainbow Students. They will occupy the empty slots that future rivals will eventually occupy. (But, once it’s time to implement the rivals, I’d need to start removing them one by one.)
I’ll probably finish working on that video I wanted to work on back in July, then start working on the next feature that needs to go into the game – the Light Music Club! My plans for this club are a little elaborate, so it’s difficult to predict when it’ll be ready.
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!
29 thoughts on “Mid-August Progress Report: New students, new clubs, new task”
New Update 😀
Wait, your ‘100 character slots’ didn’t include the Rainbow groups? ;c sad to see them go, I’d made up personalities for each of the Rainbow Boys…
Let me guess, the red haired one is the pervy one?
Which red haired one?
Hey yandere dev! I know how much you want to add small details to the game! There’s this part in the game that really bothers me and I hope it’s not too much work to include!
It is a bit of a pet peeve of mine seeing that the cooking club snerves only octodogs. Each member has different taste of food so them serving just octodogs is a bit strange to me. I have some suggestions if that’s okay?
I feel like Kenko would be the type to give out kale chips or baby carrots! Seiyo would probably give out miniature burgers or something more western! Aija would most likely give out little sushis or something more Japanese I suppose! And Saki would give away cookies or cupcakes 🙂 please take this suggestion into consideration~
I know. I requested other food models, and didn’t get them in time for the update.
why did you remove the students from the square ?? I was so excited about this new update and suddenly I see that mei mio, koharu hinata, yuna hina, yui rio, sota yuki, sora sosuke, ryusei koki and hayato haruki are not here, so i do not like yandere simulator.
yandere dev, you have ruined it, I beg you to return them to us, the school is not the mime without them, at least for me
I explained it in a blog post.
Omg that is so rude of you! Yandere Dev is working super hard every day and has a clear image of what the game should be like. Sure, it’s a bit sad they left the game but it was certainly for a reason. Also, if they return, Rainbow 12 will finally have personality. If you were following the game for so long, you should have more trust in Yandere Dev. He won’t let down his fans, that’s for sure!
I know this might be stupid to say, really stupid, but do you have an idea for the 5 students that won’t be in a club? If not my idea is that they can all be friends who walk around the school and hang out/visit certain areas-most likely the school rooftop, computer lab the library on certain days and probably have a picnic on the field after school on Friday- though this is just a idea so you don’t have to listen to it, also if you do, I think it would be nice to make the characters a nice persona 4 refrence cause they were all about friendship (if so maybe Yu Yosuke Yukiko Chie and Rise, but obviously you can’t make those their names, so maybe in their profiles give a hint for ex: Rise reference can be like theres rumors that she’s a famous idol).
I have plans for them.
Its hilarious how if you ask Gema for info about the gaming club, at the end, he will break the forth wall and mention how the ability of joining the club is overpowered and will probably be gone in the next patch
He doesn’t actually know that he’s a video game character; he’s putting his club’s benefit into video game terminology because he’s a total nerd and feels a need to communicate in video game terms.
Wow it’s awesome! Thank you for working so hard for us to play this new build.
Where does the headmaster go during lunch? And will we ever see him physically leave his office?
You’ll never see him physically leave his office; he’d only leave his office if he feels “safe”, and he doesn’t feel safe as long as the player has control over Yandere-chan.
I’m sorry if this is a bother, I’m just wondering if the female Senpai will ever be a feature, or if it was just an idea. Love your work!
I want it to eventually be a feature, but it depends on time/budget/volunteers.
Wow…. I didn’t expect the comment section to be this empty. I thought my display was acting up but there really wasn’t any comments until now. I don’t know what that means but what I do Know is to say thank you again for another update Yandere-Dev. We’re with you here.
osana doesnt appear in the game
Amazing! I love it! Gema’s task is so weird and he looks rediculous, so you did a great job making me and my friends laugh there! -NowiFate
YandereDev thanks for this update of the game. I love this game and I love the love you give to this game
Wait, why are the female club leaders wearing guy uniforms? Or are they actually guys and I’m just being an idiot…
Yan Dev!! I have a question!
1)When I learned the info about Kokonas Dad, I told her to meet me on the rooftop. When we were there, it only allowed me to push her off. Not offer help. Why’s that?
2)Why did you remove Oka if she is a rival? And why did you remove 10 rainbows?
And you are doing a REAAAAALLLYYY good job!!
Sorry! 9* rainbows
1) I’m sorry, it’ll be fixed in the next build!
2) It should be obvious.
I feel really dumb about asking about Oka. But what about the rainbow girls? Is there a reason yet? Or would it be just too much students
I have the last update, but according to me the bullys do not spy on it, do they?
I know I can send this to Yanderedev but I want your followers to respond. Please tell me.