To my relief, upgrading to Unity 2017 only caused one or two minor issues! This new build fixes a small handful of bugs that stemmed from the Unity 2017 upgrade. This build also contains a few “quality of life” improvements – minor things that will make your gameplay experience a bit more convenient, based on feedback from players.
To read a list of everything that is new/fixed/different in the latest build, scroll down beneath this lovely photograph that somebody shared with me!
It warms my heart to know that somebody was thinking of Yandere Simulator during a trip to the beach, and felt like drawing the game’s title into the sand! I can’t explain why, but it just puts a biiiiig smile on my face, and makes me feel all fuzzy inside!
- In order to prevent the player from accidentally resetting the day when they didn’t mean to, the “Reset Day” debug command now requires the player to hold down the “~” key for 1 second, instead of tapping it.
- If you press the “L” key at the Settings menu, all settings will drop to the lowest level. This will improve the framerate. (If you press “L” and then turn on anti-aliasing, it actually looks pretty okay!)
- When the player is spotted in Mission Mode, a text box will now inform the player of exactly which student spotted them.
- The Settings menu now allows the player to change the sensitivity of the camera.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to freely walk around after getting a game over, if she was stripping gloves off of her arms when she was apprehended / spotted / pepper-sprayed.
- Fixed bug that would cause the Art Club Leader to do his “holding paintbrush” pose when the player was speaking to him, even when he wasn’t holding a paintbrush.
- Fixed bug that would sometimes cause Yandere-chan to remain upstairs when the player was trying to make her move downstairs to the basement.
- Fixed bug that caused camera speed to be dependent on the game’s framerate, instead of being constant no matter what the framerate was.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to freeze permanently when failing the pickpocket minigame under very specific conditions.
- Fixed Yanvania bug that would cause the game to freeze as soon as Yanmont-chan reached Dracula-chan’s throne room.
- Fixed bug that was preventing students from teleporting to their seats when the player attended class.
- Fixed bug that would cause the delinquents’ radio to play music in the presence of a dead delinquent.
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
I’ve been working on a lot more stuff than what’s listed above; the other stuff that I’ve been working on simply isn’t ready to be added to the game yet. Hopefully, you’ll see it soon!
Recently, I acquired the assets necessary to add a new club to the game; I’m very excited about them! Adding them will be my next priority. Implementing this club will require me to change the layout of the school, so the next time you see Akademi High, you’ll notice that some buildings have moved around! Hopefully it’ll give the school a “new and improved” feeling! I hope you look forward to it!