Hi! I’ve added a new club to the game – the Sports Club! They have a pretty elaborate daily routine. Here are some screenshots:
As you can probably tell, this update also comes with several miscellaneous changes and additions to the school. Click “Continue Reading” for a list of everything that is different or fixed!
Changes and Additions
- Added another background track to the school; now there are 7 different tracks you might hear while walking around school. (And each of those tracks has a variation for every combination of sanity/atmosphere.)
- Changed the layout of the exterior of the school so that the pool, gym, and running track are closer together, and located closer to the shower areas.
- Temporarily disabled depth-of-field, since it was causing a bug where objects would become blurry if viewed in front of a transparent object.
- Added a text box to the Custom Music menu with instructions so that people will be able to understand how to use it properly.
- Added some posters on the hallways. (There will be a lot more decorations in the hallways in the future!)
- Changed the backdrop outside of the school. (Might continue to tweak it in the future.)
- It’s no longer possible for Yandere-chan to exit the locker room while she is nude.
- Added a shower area for male students.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to crash when taking a panty shot. (I can’t replicate the crash anymore, but if you still run into it, let me know.)
- Fixed bug that caused Gardening Club members to retain their watering cans in their hands if spoken to while they were watering a plant.
- Fixed bug that made it possible for Yandere-chan to get a low reputation game over while in the middle of a demon-summoning cutscene.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the game’s camera to permanently lock in place if the player tried to interact with a mind-broken slave.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to experience a pickpocketing game over and a low reputation game over simultaneously.
- Attempted to fix bug that made the camera snap down to the ground and point directly upwards at the beginning of the day.
- Fixed bug that could cause Yandere-chan to get pepper-sprayed while in the middle of talking to the Guidance Counselor.
- Fixed bug that was preventing teachers from acknowledging when Yandere-chan was having a fight with a delinquent.
- Fixed bug that made it possible for Yandere-chan to be incapacitated by the Headmaster during a cutscene.
- Fixed bug that gave some characters extra highlights on their eyes, and/or mirrored their eye textures.
- Fixed bug that made the camera waaaaay too sensitive when attempting to tilt the camera up or down.
- Added 5 new students to the game – the Sports Club!
- In the morning, they jog on the school’s running track. In the afternoon, they swim in the school pool.
- Their daily routine involves changing into two different outfits (a jogging tracksuit and swimming trunks).
- Their club activities involve 7 different animations, way more than most other students, who usually only have about 1 or 2 club-related animations.
- When they dive into water, their hair gets wet, and their hair model changes shape to reflect the fact that their hair has become soaking wet. (Whoa, technology!)
- Each member of the Sports Club has a different level of strength, and when they take off their clothing, the player can see different levels of muscle definition on their bodies.
I tried to eliminate as many new bugs as I could, but it’s possible that a few bugs slipped past me and made it into the build. I’ll probably have to spend a day or two fixing any new issues that have arisen. My next priority will be adding another club to the game – but if I have to wait a few days to get the assets I need, then I’ll spend that time working on a feature that I’ve wanted to put into the game for a very, very long time. I doubt anyone will be able to guess what that feature is, though – I’ve never discussed it, so it will probably come as quite a surprise!
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!