In early 2017, a super-talented composer named Andy Yoon created an amazing song for me, complete with beautiful vocals! It was actually exactly the kind of music that I had been imagining for the game’s credits, so I was absolutely delighted with his work, and inserted it into the game’s credits sequence!
Actually, I loved the track so much, I wanted to turn it into a YouTube video! So, I asked a phenomenal artist named Shyua if he would be willing to create artwork for the video. Shyua surprised me by not only creating some beautiful illustrations, but also creating a couple of short animations for the beginning of the video!
Although the song has been in the game for over a year now, I decided that I wouldn’t officially announce the song’s existence until the video was complete. Shyua has been very busy over the past year, so the video took a long time to reach 100% completion…but now it’s finally ready! At long last, I can finally introduce you to Star-Crossed Lovers!
I love this track so much, and I’m so happy with how the video turned out! If Yandere Simulator was an anime, the credits sequence would definitely use this music and these types of visuals!
If I had to say when this video takes place chronologically, I would say that it occurs after Yandere-chan’s text message conversation with Info-chan, but before gameplay formally begins. After speaking with Info-chan for the first time, Yandere-chan stares out of her bedroom window, watching the rain, reminiscing about the events of the past few days, asking herself if she’s really willing to do anything for this boy that has awakened deep feeling inside of her. Technically, this video is depicting one of the most important moments of her life!
A few days ago, I mentioned that I was thinking about working on a video that I have artwork and voiced lines for. That video is actually a different video than what you see above. Keep an eye out for another video in the near future!
By the way, I also fixed some significant bugs today, so I’ve prepared a new build. Click “Continue Reading” to learn what changed in the latest update!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- Updated the appearance of the Photography Club. It’s not finished yet; I still need to spend another day or two on it to bring it to completion – then I’ll be ready to add the Photography clubmembers and the “Sleuth” Persona to the game!
- Fixed bug that caused Yandere-chan to get stuck in two states at the same time if got into the delinquent combat minigame at the same time as she was removing gloves.
- Fixed bug that caused a teacher travel to the incorrect location when witnessing a corpse, if a corpse had been reported to her earlier in the day.
- Fixed bug that caused Yandere-chan to get stuck in two states at the same time if she was shoved at the same time as she was removing gloves.
- Fixed bug that caused the panty-censor shadow to appear on Yandere-chan’s body when she was wearing a martial arts gi.
- Fixed bug that prevented Yandere-chan from being able to use the sewing machine to complete Kokona’s request.
- Fixed bug that reduced the variety of female hairstyles that could appear on randomly-generated students.
- Fixed bug that was causing the headmaster to instantly taze Yandere-chan whenever she entered his office.
- Fixed bug that would cause a shadow to appear over Yandere-chan’s face in Enigma Mode.
- Fixed bug that caused the awnings in the pool area to be weirdly blurry.
- Added two new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Slightly updated Cirno Mode textures.