Hi! The official website has been updated with a re-designed Home page and Characters page! I hope that you check it out! Here’s a before-and-after comparison of the Characters page, if you’re curious how things have changed:
But, that’s not all! I’ve also got a new build for you today. It’s mostly just a bunch of bug fixes, but there are a few additions that might interest you…
Click “Continue Reading” to see a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- Yandere-chan can no longer perform certain types of actions while a delinquent is about to start chasing her. This means that, if a delinquent has witnessed her commit murder, has been defeated in the combat minigame, and is catching his breath for a few moments before he begins to chase her, she can no longer perform any action that puts her into a “state” that only ends once an animation has finished playing. For example, the “sit down at sewing machine and sew a uniform” state, which ends once the sewing animation has ended.
- Delinquents now sound much different when reacting to the sight of a corpse. (Previously, they were releasing a blood-curdling terrified scream of pure horror, which doesn’t really suit a bunch of tough guys).
- Adjusted one of the sound-dampening black foam walls in the Announcement Room’s recording booth so that it doesn’t clip through the wall and become visible on the adjacent stairway.
- Adjusted all of Senpai’s game over animations where he would take multiple steps backwards and clip into whatever objects / walls were behind him.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to get stuck in first-person mode if she provoked a delinquent into a fight while aiming her camera.
- Adjusted “delinquent loses combat minigame” animation so that their right arms aren’t posed at such odd angles when they loses a fight.
- Fixed bug that allowed demon-summoning easter egg cut-scenes to play at the same time as Yandere-chan was being chased by a pursuer.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to carry a bucket or a plate of food in her hands during the delinquent combat minigame.
- Edited “refuse to distract student” text to use gender-neutral phrasing so that it can work with both male and female students.
- Made progress towards adding the Science Club to the game. Visit the science clubroom to see a preview of upcoming characters!
- Replaced old “getting into fight” delinquent voiced lines with louder, faster, more aggressive versions of those lines.
- Fixed bug that allowed Yandere-chan to sit down and sew clothing at a sewing machine while being chased by a pursuer.
- Fixed bug that would sometimes cause characters to use the incorrect “rejecting food from Yandere-chan” dialogue.
- Fixed bug that allowed Yandere-chan to heat up a knife at the three blowtorches while being chased by a pursuer.
- Fixed bug that would cause Sakyu Basu to get stuck when trying to return to her seat after her lunchtime event.
- Fixed bug that allowed Yandere-chan to activate the matchmaking minigame while being chased by a pursuer.
- Fixed bug that allowed Yandere-chan to rummage through a teacher’s desk while being chased by a pursuer.
- Fixed bug that allowed Yandere-chan to peek into Info-chan’s room while being chased by a pursuer.
- Delinquents now have voiced lines when noticing a bully’s corpse and running away from it.
- Fixed bug that allowed Yandere-chan to talk to students while being chased by a pursuer.
- Updated the appearance of the gate outside of the entrance to the school.
- Added “witnessed Yandere-chan having a fight” animation for Senpai.
- Updated the look-and-feel of the official website! Check it out!
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
I also added a new easter egg – Enigma Mode! It was 90% complete back in January, but I stopped working on it because I decided that adding the bullies/delinquents was a higher priority. Now that the bullies/delinquents are in the game, I returned to the easter egg and completed it. It’s a reference to my most favorite fight from Kingdom Hearts. The controls are:
- Activate Weapon: RB on gamepad, left ctrl on keyboard.
- Light Attack: X on gamepad, F on keyboard.
- Heavy Attack: Y on gamepad, R on keyboard.
- Combo: Mash light attack or heavy attack.
It’s hard to decide! There are so many different things I feel like working on right now. I’m almost ready to implement the Photography Club / Sleuth Persona, but I’m also eager to implement the Science Club. The next big addition to the game will probably be one of those two clubs!
In January, I received all the art assets and voiced lines I needed to create a certain video that I’ve wanted to make for a long time. But, I decided to postpone it, because I felt like working on the bullies / delinquents was more important. Now that the bullies / delinquents are done, I really want to return to that video!
There are still a few bugs I want to fix, so the next update will probably be another bug-fixing build. Once that’s done, I’ll probably add a new club or finish that video! Whichever I decide, I hope you’ll look forward to it!
39 thoughts on “Official Website Update and Bug-Fixing Build”
Wow, you’re making a lot of progress with the science club!
Y love tour game i hope tour game Will ve finished soon so you can have
Adjusted one of the sound-dampening black foam walls in the Announcement Room’s recording booth so that it doesn’t clip through the all and become visible on the adjacent stairway.
He is a coder not an English teacher xD
One of the black foam wall? Look, there are some mistakes that he made while typing this, but you corrected something perfectly fine, and actually made it incorrect.
They were correcting where it said “doesn’t clip through the ‘all’ and become visible”
what yandere dev said does make sense bc he said, one OF THE black foam walls, not one black foam walls (which makes no sense)
Deformed Lisa… Simpson
Yaas ! But wasn’t the photography club replaced by the anime club or something ?
Actually, it was a proposed idea. It was supposed to solve a problem that threw off the 100 NPCs plan. However, it was later found to fit within the planned club section, so the idea was scrapped.
Actually yes, YandereDev said so on reddit.
YandereDev, ¿recuerdas cuando, hace unos años, escribiste una publicación de blog sobre personalizar a Ayano? Mencionaste “¿cómo alguien sabría de qué juego es el personaje si ve una captura con Yandere Chan personalizada?”. Una sugerencia es que ella pueda tener una marca, un rasgo facial o un detalle que no pueda cambiarse, y que sea lo que la haga reconocerse, ya que a muchos les encantaría poder hacer su propia Yan Chan. Claro que es solo una sugerencia que puede resultar inútil en realidad, pero… es eso, una sugerencia y listo :3
For those who didn’t bother to translate to English, I used Google Translate on it.
“YandereDev, do you remember when, a few years ago, you wrote a blog post about personalizing Ayano? You mentioned “how would someone know what game the character is if he sees a capture with custom Yandere Chan?” One suggestion is that she may have a mark, a facial feature or a detail that can not be changed, and that is what makes her recognize, since many would love to make their own Yan Chan. Of course it’s just a suggestion that may be useless in reality, but … it’s that, a suggestion and ready: 3
The new website looks amazing and i love the new characters page but im still missing the Student Council members profil,i hope you will be adding them to the characters page soon. 😀
Quick thing I noticed while rewatching YandereDev videos.
Does stalking Senpai actually have any significant gameplay purpose or is it more for achievements, senpai shrine, and/or the overall experience? There doesn’t seem to be any incentive around it unless I missed something. I read through the FAQ, and unless I missed something, it didn’t mention anything about it.
I know a long-long time ago YandereDev mentioned that taking pictures of senpai and then going into a closet to “calm down” would be a discrete way of increasing your sanity when it’s low. I don’t know if that’s still planned or if it’s been scrapped, but that’s the only benefit I can remember hearing about.
+Michael Robertson Actually, if you take a picture and the heart is selected in the thingy (forgot how to spell it lol) located at the top middle of the screen, save the photo and it is saved with a heart. You can press a button and it will improve sanity levels by a lot. 🙂 Hope this helped.
The saving pictures bug is back. You can no longer save pictures on your cell phone. The pictures you take, also come out differently when you look at them on your phone. That bug was there before.
Alright, an update and a bug fixing build on my birthday! 😀 Guess I know what I’m going to do when I get free time today.
So happy for the next club. I’m so excited for both the photography club and science club. I know you made a video a while ago talking about the photography club and I hope that they make a huge impact on the game! I’m also happy to see the science club and all the new people. I have one question though that is probably soo off topic, why does everybody like Senpai? I know he probably never answered that yet, but I can’t even come up with anything that would make sense?! How can one boy make 10 girls, including 2 adults like him?
There’s probably not a simple reason why they like Senpai. Each of them might have their own reason for liking him: he might be nice, sweet, considerate, kind, pure, loner…. and so on. They all have a different personality so they like a different quality about him that stands out to them. Why is this even an issue? There are plenty of people who are simply likable. Senpai is just like that. I don’t think he realises that he is likable since as you can see, he keeps to himself. He doesn’t look for company.
I see this question asked a lot and it makes me annoyed because people find Senpai so “plain”, so “boring”. His appearance doesn’t play a role here at all. They like his personality, which is still a big secret out of all characters. YOU shape Senpai into what you would want him to look like and how he will turn out at the end of the game. He’s a character that evolves in this game, changes over time. (And god forbid if you say Budo would be a better main character.) Hopefully this answers your question.
Woah!! Awsome update!! YASSS A NEW VIDEO
Oh no im now gonna wait it.. everytime when i know there is a video coming up when i wake up i always check if there is a new uploads lol
Anyone else notice the smiley face at the very bottom of the page (underneath the comments)?
Scroll down and right beneath the apps, you should find a tiny smiley face.
Yeah, it’s all the way at the bottom of the page
hopefully, the science club comes first, you can do a survey of which club we want first and then you do it with the other club, you always say that it does not matter if it is done first while there is progress and you already have the models, the animations , the voice of Kaga Kusha, (the video that shows that it has many clones of Midori xD) the only thing that would be missing would be to record the lines of voice, implement them to Kaga, Kaga’s chair,give life to the members of the club, and the club activity 5:00.5:30
It’s just me or the incinerator can’t be used? o.o
Neither for me, the incinerator does’t work! Sorry for bad english!
The incinerator doesn’t work for me either. Weird.
There’s a mistake on the contact page where there isn’t an opening bracket- just thought I’d attempts to let you know.
Does anyone else know where the hairstyle is from? Please I really want to know.
im a bit disappointed that yandere dev really decided to make all members of the same club also have the same hair color, just so a player can’t mistake on killing a club member and prevent a club to be closed. i mean, this is a stealth game!! it should be hard to kill a student so players had to choose carefully and make some research. i thought he will make the rivals look unique as possible but most of them are club leaders then how will they look unique? oka doesn’t even stand out from her club members because they all have the same hair color the only difference is that she had gloves but that doesn’t make her any unique. i think club member accessories (like the chokers for the occult club) are enough to identify on which club they’re in if there’s no time to take a picture of them
Is the Konami Code not working in the website?
Omg this club is such a cool❤️ Love it