Hi! The official website has been updated with a re-designed Home page and Characters page! I hope that you check it out! Here’s a before-and-after comparison of the Characters page, if you’re curious how things have changed:
But, that’s not all! I’ve also got a new build for you today. It’s mostly just a bunch of bug fixes, but there are a few additions that might interest you…
Click “Continue Reading” to see a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- Yandere-chan can no longer perform certain types of actions while a delinquent is about to start chasing her. This means that, if a delinquent has witnessed her commit murder, has been defeated in the combat minigame, and is catching his breath for a few moments before he begins to chase her, she can no longer perform any action that puts her into a “state” that only ends once an animation has finished playing. For example, the “sit down at sewing machine and sew a uniform” state, which ends once the sewing animation has ended.
- Delinquents now sound much different when reacting to the sight of a corpse. (Previously, they were releasing a blood-curdling terrified scream of pure horror, which doesn’t really suit a bunch of tough guys).
- Adjusted one of the sound-dampening black foam walls in the Announcement Room’s recording booth so that it doesn’t clip through the wall and become visible on the adjacent stairway.
- Adjusted all of Senpai’s game over animations where he would take multiple steps backwards and clip into whatever objects / walls were behind him.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to get stuck in first-person mode if she provoked a delinquent into a fight while aiming her camera.
- Adjusted “delinquent loses combat minigame” animation so that their right arms aren’t posed at such odd angles when they loses a fight.
- Fixed bug that allowed demon-summoning easter egg cut-scenes to play at the same time as Yandere-chan was being chased by a pursuer.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to carry a bucket or a plate of food in her hands during the delinquent combat minigame.
- Edited “refuse to distract student” text to use gender-neutral phrasing so that it can work with both male and female students.
- Made progress towards adding the Science Club to the game. Visit the science clubroom to see a preview of upcoming characters!
- Replaced old “getting into fight” delinquent voiced lines with louder, faster, more aggressive versions of those lines.
- Fixed bug that allowed Yandere-chan to sit down and sew clothing at a sewing machine while being chased by a pursuer.
- Fixed bug that would sometimes cause characters to use the incorrect “rejecting food from Yandere-chan” dialogue.
- Fixed bug that allowed Yandere-chan to heat up a knife at the three blowtorches while being chased by a pursuer.
- Fixed bug that would cause Sakyu Basu to get stuck when trying to return to her seat after her lunchtime event.
- Fixed bug that allowed Yandere-chan to activate the matchmaking minigame while being chased by a pursuer.
- Fixed bug that allowed Yandere-chan to rummage through a teacher’s desk while being chased by a pursuer.
- Fixed bug that allowed Yandere-chan to peek into Info-chan’s room while being chased by a pursuer.
- Delinquents now have voiced lines when noticing a bully’s corpse and running away from it.
- Fixed bug that allowed Yandere-chan to talk to students while being chased by a pursuer.
- Updated the appearance of the gate outside of the entrance to the school.
- Added “witnessed Yandere-chan having a fight” animation for Senpai.
- Updated the look-and-feel of the official website! Check it out!
- Added one new hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
I also added a new easter egg – Enigma Mode! It was 90% complete back in January, but I stopped working on it because I decided that adding the bullies/delinquents was a higher priority. Now that the bullies/delinquents are in the game, I returned to the easter egg and completed it. It’s a reference to my most favorite fight from Kingdom Hearts. The controls are:
- Activate Weapon: RB on gamepad, left ctrl on keyboard.
- Light Attack: X on gamepad, F on keyboard.
- Heavy Attack: Y on gamepad, R on keyboard.
- Combo: Mash light attack or heavy attack.
It’s hard to decide! There are so many different things I feel like working on right now. I’m almost ready to implement the Photography Club / Sleuth Persona, but I’m also eager to implement the Science Club. The next big addition to the game will probably be one of those two clubs!
In January, I received all the art assets and voiced lines I needed to create a certain video that I’ve wanted to make for a long time. But, I decided to postpone it, because I felt like working on the bullies / delinquents was more important. Now that the bullies / delinquents are done, I really want to return to that video!
There are still a few bugs I want to fix, so the next update will probably be another bug-fixing build. Once that’s done, I’ll probably add a new club or finish that video! Whichever I decide, I hope you’ll look forward to it!