Welp! Just as I predicted, there were a few game-breaking bugs that slipped past me and made it into the previous build. I’ve got a new build ready with over 20 fixes/changes.
To see a list of every improvement in the latest build, scroll down beneath this gorgeous artwork by Hikari-NJ!
By the way! Do you recall the image that Mulberry drew for Yandere Simulator’s 4-year anniversary, with all the chibi Yandere Sim characters playing around on my desk? It’s been updated to include the delinquents! Check out the anniversary blog post if you’d like to see the updated image with chibi delinquents!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- The button prompts that appear during the combat minigame should now be more crisp and clear and easy-to-read, even when the game is being played at a low texture resolution.
- Fixed bug that caused the delinquents’ voices and radio to be heard even when they weren’t present at the radio (or when they should be distracted by something else).
- Fixed bug that allowed the mysterious figure on the student council laptop to continue talking even when the “End of Day Police Investigation” text was displaying.
- Added some props to the Science Club in preparation for upcoming characters who will be interacting with those props. (Some of the props are not final yet.)
- Fixed bug that caused the game to activate the Mission Mode game over screen outside of Mission Mode if a security camera witnessed a corpse.
- Fixed bug that caused the game to get stuck in an infinite loop if the police came to school while metal detectors were present at school.
- Fixed bug that caused the “Student Council President reacts to a student council member’s death” text to appear multiple times.
- Fixed bug that caused the “Disable Security System” button prompt to appear even when the security system was not active.
- Fixed bug that would cause the delinquent with the purple shirt to endlessly spawn body parts upon being dismembered.
- Removed the ability to spawn a time portal to 1989. (I’m not kidding, I accidentally left this effect in the game.)
- Fixed bug that caused Kokona to hold cleaning scrubbers in her hands while performing her lunchtime cooking event.
- Fixed bug that prevented Kokona from traveling to the correct location to perform her lunchtime cooking event.
- Fixed bug that would allow the bruise/blood texture on Yandere-chan’s face to get extremely exaggerated.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to freeze when a teacher caught Yandere-chan doing something bad.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to freeze when Senpai caught Yandere-chan doing something bad.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to rest in the infirmary while being chased by a pursuer.
- Gave Senpai a voiced line for witnessing violence (still needs a unique animation, though).
- Fixed bug that prevented metal detectors from detecting crowbars or metal pipes.
- Fixed bug that caused the wrong name to appear over dropped delinquent weapons.
- Removed debug command for summoning the old delinquents.
- Bullies will no longer attempt to bully delinquents.
Well, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s another bug-fixing blog post 24 hours from now. Hopefully not, but that’s kinda how it goes after a major update with tons of changes!