I call an update a “bug-fixing build” if the majority of changes are bug fixes. In the latest build, the majority of changes aren’t actually bug fixes, so I’m calling this an “interim build” – it’s a Latin word that translates to “meanwhile”; it’s simply the build I’m releasing between the previous update and the next update. This build has a new easter egg that I’m really proud of, and I’m looking forward to seeing YouTubers have fun with it!
Usually, in my blog posts, I share a fan-made illustration that I’m particularly fond of. This time, I’d like to share some three-dimensional artwork that one of the volunteers made:
And when I say “three dimensional”, I mean that you can click and drag your mouse cursor to rotate it and look at it from any angle! I think it’s super cool; please check it out!
When you’re done with that, click “Keep Reading” to see a list of everything that is new in the latest build!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- Usually, when an easter egg is active, I disable the code that allows students to identify Yandere-chan as a murderer. This is so people can goof around with easter eggs without being stopped. However, for the Hunger Mode easter egg, I am allowing students to react to Yandere-chan and apprehend her; this is because the point of Hunger Mode is to challenge the player to stealthily take down students without getting caught in order to unlock powers that get stronger with each student who is consumed. (A cooler reward is something I’ll have to implement in the future.)
- Fixed bug that could allow the student council to break out of a death animation if the “hear Yandere-chan’s footsteps” or “shove Yandere-chan” functions were triggered during the death animation.
- Attempted to reduce chance that martial arts club members would get stuck on each other while attempting to walk into the changing booth.
- The student council will no longer react to Yandere-chan’s footsteps or shove Yandere-chan if an easter egg is active.
- Adjusted Medusa easter egg so that students are only turned to stone if Yandere-chan is within their cone of vision.
- Yandere-chan can no longer be punished for being late to class if her teacher hasn’t even arrived in class yet.
- Fixed animation bug that caused clipping during the student council “guard corpse” animation.
- Began to populate the Announcement Room with props (it’s not finished yet).
- Fixed bug that caused the spats in Yandere-chan’s home to be invisible.
- Added a new easter egg to the game – “Gazer Mode”.
By the way…
These pictures aren’t canon at all, but I really want to share them anyway; here’s a picture of Osana being attacked by a goose and here’s a picture of Baby Ayano and Baby Megami bullying each other.