As of now, the winner of the Easter Egg Contest has had their easter egg added to the game! You can now experience “Hunger Mode”!
The current implementation of Hunger Mode is actually quite simple. You can think of this as the “first draft”. Although I’m satisfied with the visuals, I think that the easter egg still needs a bit more depth. I may decide to improve it in the future with better sound effects, new voiced lines, and more powers to unlock by “eating”. I may try to set aside some time to play “Little Nightmares” for further inspiration!
Of course, there are some other changes in this build, too! Primarily bug fixes. To see a list of everything that is different in the latest build, scroll down past this super-artsy illustration by Type-Silber!
I also have something else to mention, but it’s completely unrelated to Yandere Simulator, so I understand if you aren’t interested. I’ll write it in “code” so that you only have to read it if you really care enough to decode it.
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- Added “Hunger Mode” Easter Egg. This one works differently than others. In the beginning, you will move very slowly. Each time you “eat”, you will gain speed.
- To prevent bugs, Student Council members will now longer shove you or pepper spray you while an easter egg is active.
- Fixed bug that would cause Kocho and Genka’s profiles to not display properly while inside of Yandere-chan’s home.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to be expelled for “Insanity” if she giggled while she was trespassing.
- Fixed bug that would cause female Teacher’s Pets to perform the wrong animation when hiding in a classroom.
- Fixed animation bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s skirt to twitch during her crawling idle animation.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the Photo Gallery from displaying pictures that the player had taken.
- Fixed animation bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s eyes to twitch during her idle animation.
- Fixed bug that would cause male Teacher’s Pets to run in place when hiding in a classroom.
- Replaced the “leaning left and right” animation with a more natural-looking animation.
- The player can no longer get a Game Over from Senpai while an easter egg is active.
Yr Veroeha 17dn, 2009, U mdhielit e futiy keli wyh dni wuhmd duli. Ud sylbcidica snerkit la cuwi; yrsi U iqbihuirsit dni dnhucc yw bceaurk futiy kelim znuci urdihesdurk zudn e puk eotuirsi, U tutr’d zerd dy ty eradnurk icmi! Wyh e bihuyt yw mifihec aiehm, U mdhielit ifiha tea, omoecca wyh 12 nyohm mdheuknd!
Lera aiehm nefi bemmit mursi dnir, ert mdhielurk um ryz fiha cyz yr la bhuyhuda cumd. Nyzifih, ifiha aieh, yr Veroeha 17dn, U degi e tea yww dy hibcea dni wuhmd keli U ifih mdhielit: Himutird Ifuc 4. Ert yr Veroeha 19dn, U degi erydnih tea yww dy hibcea dni misyrt keli U ifih mdhielit: Lamdusec Rurve Mdehhurk Kyilyr.
Uw ayo’t cugi dy vyur li, ayo ser wurt li ed dzudsn.df/aertihitif mdehdurk ed 12:00 ryyr ur dni BMD dulijyri. Ifir uw ayo yrca byb ur wyh e wiz lurodim vomd dy mea niccy, U zyoct pi fiha nebba dy mii ayo dnihi!