I’ve finished recording the narration for my next video. It’s 17 minutes and 44 seconds in total! Because I have to do about 1 hour of work for every minute of video, that’s a lot of work I’ve created for myself. I’m considering chopping the video down to about 10 minutes so that the video can be released in a reasonable amount of time…but it’s hard to decide which parts of the video are least important. There might be a lot of still images in this video; I’d like to blaze through it and quickly get back to work on the game.
My power company informed me that there will be a power outage in my area for over 7 hours tomorrow. That’s a huge chunk of the day when I won’t be able to work on the video (or the game)! As a result, the video might be postponed to the 16th. I hate it when that happens!
Because you could potentially be waiting until the 16th to see the next video, I decided to release a new build now, rather than keep you waiting. To read a list of everything that is new and fixed in the latest build, scroll down beneath this super-badass illustration by Koumaz:
That’s such an awesome drawing! I love it!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- 2D interfaces (such as the pause screen, the tape player menu, the note-leaving menu, etc) should now move and rotate around the screen much more smoothly than before.
- Fixed bug that would cause a student to ignore giggles for the rest of the day if Yandere-chan spoke to them while they were investigating a giggle.
- Attempted to fix a bug that would cause the game to crash at the end of a schoolday, before returning to Yandere-chan’s home.
- Fixed bug that would cause the radio’s button prompts to appear at the wrong time (when Yandere-chan was holding it).
- The user can now press “B” at the Settings menu to toggle an experimental background environment around the school.
- Fixed bug that prevented the “Set Trap” prompt from going away after the player had set a trap above a door.
- Changed the animation that Senpai would perform when the player got a game over for creeping Senpai out.
- Fixed bug that would prevent some Social Butterfly students from being able to react to murder.
- Saki will now attack you if she sees you attacking Kokona (and vice versa).
- Improved the stand / walk / run animations for the “Bad Time” easter egg.
- Adjusted the appearance of the computer lab slightly.
- Fiddled with the appearance of Rim Light Mode again.
- Improved three of the “react to camera” animations.
- Removed the Jojo easter egg from LoveSick Mode.
- Added hair physics to Yuna Hina’s hairstyle.
You might think, “There’s nothing cool in this update…” and I wouldn’t blame you. But please remember that I’m not usually adding huge new features into the game because I’m spending the majority of my time making progress on Osana – which will be one of the topics I discuss in my next video!