A new build is now available! In total, there are 26 fixes/changes/additions in this build…including a pool!
But before I talk about the latest build, I want to show you something cool!
In May, a Russian cosplay group staged a 10-minute long Yandere Simulator-themed live performance at an anime convention. I think it’s awesome! I can’t describe how great it feels to see real people dressing up as Yandere Sim characters and putting on such a long, elaborate performance! This is one of the coolest things that has ever come out of the Yandere Sim fandom, and I really hope that you check it out!
You can watch the video with English subtitles below:
Click “Continue Reading” to read about all the changes in the latest build!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- Added a pool area to the school. (The position of the pool will likely change in the future, and I may add more things to the pool area.) (You can’t actually put anything directly into the pool yet; there’s a forcefield around it right now. Sorry!)
- Changed the number of quality settings that are offered when launching the game, and changed their names so that they would lead to less confusion.
- Fixed bug that would cause parts of the environment to flicker or disappear when looking through the gaps in the railing on the school rooftop.
- Fixed bug that would cause Saki Miyu’s hair to deform in a bizarre way when she was a prisoner in the basement.
- Fixed Pose Mode menu bug that would cause numbers to increment instead of decrement when tapping left.
- Fixed bug that would prevent a character from opening/closing their locker door if a note was inside of it.
- Fixed bug that would cause male students to have bald spots after being dismembered.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to walk on top of benches instead of walking around them.
- Fixed bug that was preventing Kokona from having her Monday morning phone call event.
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona to fail to properly turn into a corpse after being poisoned.
- The magical girl wand’s sanity-based attack animations now spawn hearts instead of blood.
- Polished Kokona’s Wednesday poisoning event a little (her bento was floating in midair!)
- Replaced the copyrighted music from the Galo Sengen easter egg with an original track.
- Removed the vertical gap between the school and the street outside of the school.
- Fixed bug that could cause the delinquents to appear in one of the bathrooms.
- Fixed bug that would make dismembered corpse body parts turn pure white.
- NPCs can now pathfind further beyond the school than they could before.
- Improved the appearance of a really disappointing hair model.
- The player can now choose Kizana’s stockings in Pose Mode.
- Implemented new sound effects for the magical girl wand.
- Changed the appearance of the school swimsuit.
- Added another prop to the Martial Arts Club.
- Added two new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Updated Koharu’s hair model.
- It’s now possible to spawn a student with a light-colored version of Kizana’s hairstyle by editing the JSON file to give a female student hairstyle “22”.
- A lot of other, tiny miscellaneous adjustments (a few more figurines in the Gaming Club, changed the color of the fence that appears on the school rooftop, gave lipstick to Kizana, etc.) (The lipstick is just a test, it won’t be permanent if people dislike it.)
I’d like to take a moment to explain the game’s new quality settings:
- Max Quality – The maximum possible graphics quality for the game. At this point in time, this is not recommended, because the framerate will be pretty low.
- Good Quality – Identical to Max Quality, but with one change: no shadows. This drastically increases the framerate. This is the recommended graphics setting for most computers.
- Low Quality – The lowest possible graphics quality for the game (but with full-resolution textures). This is recommended if you have a very weak computer.
- 1/2 Res Textures – Identical to Low Quality, but with all textures are half resolution to reduce RAM usage. If your game is crashing a lot, it’s because your computer is running out of RAM, so switch to this graphics option.
- 1/4 Res Textures – If your game still crashes at 1/2 Res Textures, use this setting.
- 1/8 Res Textures – If your game still crashes at 1/4 Res Textures, use this setting.
I’ll probably add a “Good Quality 1/2 Res Textures” setting in the future, for computers that have no problem rendering nice graphics, but still crash anyway because of low RAM.
My next video will begin with a 1-minute segment about the progress I’ve made with Osana recently. If that 1-minute segment just isn’t enough for you, and you want me to elaborate further on how her progress is coming along, I can write a detailed blog post about the subject.
My next video won’t be as elaborate as the past few videos have been, so I feel pretty confident that it won’t get delayed a bunch of times; I think it’ll be available sometime on June 1st, or June 2nd at the absolute latest.
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!