Hey! Does Yandere Simulator look super blurry when you play it?
That’s because you selected low-resolution textures when you launched the game!
Do you want Yandere Simulator’s textures to be crisp and clear?
Then, DO NOT choose low-resolution textures when you launch the game!
(I recommend playing with shadows disabled, because shadows currently make the game lag very badly!)
If you want to avoid blurry textures, then don’t choose anything with “Half Res” or “Quarter Res” or “Eighth Res” when you’re launching the game!!!
But, if the game frequently crashes for you, it’s because your computer is running out of memory…so if the game is crashing a lot, you’ll need to play at Half-res or Quarter-res textures.
On a completely unrelated note: I uploaded a new build today! To learn what’s new in the latest build, keep reading.
I added a debug command to the previous build so that I could test something with Yandere-chan’s character model by pressing the spacebar key. Unfortunately, I forgot to remove this debug command from the build before uploading it, and as a side-effect, a lot of people encountered strange bugs when they pressed the spacebar key. I wanted to fix this bug and upload a new build right away – but because it feels strange to upload a new build with just one single change, I decided to fix as many bugs as possible before uploading a new build.
To read a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build, scroll down beneath this beautiful artwork by SyrnIK!
This is such a beautiful interpretation of Yandere-chan and Megami Saikou! It’s like seeing a glimpse of what Yandere Simulator might look like if it was set in Norway in the 1840s…
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- Fixed bug that would cause a character to freeze in place indefinitely if the player caused them to pose for a photograph, then turned away so that the camera wasn’t rendering them anymore.
- The previous Hitman easter egg music has been replaced by a new track. It’s “Ave Maria”, a public-domain song. The vocals were actually provided by Yandere-chan’s voice actress!
- Fixed bug that would affect the rotation of the special wearable object added to the game yesterday if the player crawled and then stood up while wearing the object.
- Yandere-chan’s smartphone camera view now accurately depicts the currently level of School Atmosphere (desaturated colors).
- Fixed bug that would cause the 34th student to have animation errors if that student was given a male gender.
- Removed debug command that would cause Yandere-chan to turn invisible if the player pressed the spacebar key.
- Teachers will no longer perform the “leaning left and right” animation when giving Yandere-chan a Game Over.
- Fixed bug that would soft-lock the game if the player asked the 34th student for a task.
- The camera can now zoom out further when wearing the special wearable object.
- Updated one of Yandere-chan’s new hairstyles to have less clipping.