If you’re looking for the latest progress update video, click here!
The latest build had a few bugs in it that were really bothering me, so I couldn’t resist uploading a new build to address the issues.
Scroll down beneath this beautiful illustration by padfootlet to see a list of everything that is new in the latest build!
This update contains some changes that were made purely to benefit people who enjoy modding the game. I’ll describe those changes below. This is going to get a bit technical; you might not understand (or care) unless you are familiar with editing the game’s files.
Technical Stuff for Modders
Currently, the game cannot generate portraits for randomly-generated students. The only students that can be randomly generated are the students past Student #33. I instructed the game to not load any student portraits past Student #33, since their portrait would be inaccurate.
However, some modders enjoy putting new characters into the game, using the empty slots that exist past Student #33. Because the game is deliberately scripted to not load portraits for any students past Student #33, this negatively impacts the experience of modding custom students into the game.
I’ve added a file called “CustomPortraits.txt” to the “StreamingAssets” folder. This text file contains a single number: 0. If you change “0” to “1”, then the game will load portraits past Student #33. I hope that this will be helpful for people modding the game.
In addition to that, there is also another change that will be beneficial for anyone who enjoys modding Yandere Simulator to change the characters’ appearances. Previously, student hair color and eye color were linked; there was no way to spawn a student with different-colored eyes and hair. I have added a new column to the JSON file so that it is now possible for modders to spawn students with different hair and eye colors. (It is still not yet possible to choose exact RGB values, though. Sorry about that!)
In a previous update, I said that I had created a file called “CustomStockings.png” that could be edited to give a female character custom stockings. Unfortunately, I forgot to actually add the file to the StreamingAssets folder so that people could access and modify it. Sorry about that! The file has been added to the StreamingAssets folder in this latest build.
Okay! Now that the technical stuff is out of the way, I’ll move on to summarizing the rest of the changes made in this build:
Bug Fixes and Changes
- Fixed bug that would cause the game’s “prevent the player from peeking at unfinished Osana assets” countermeasures to activate outside of the proper circumstances.
- Fixed bug that would cause Nemesis to have Saki’s hair and a martial arts bandana on her head at all times. This time, the bug should be fixed for good, and shouldn’t come back.
- It is now possible to customize a mission in Mission Mode so that Nemesis can be killed while she is wearing a disguise.
- Fixed bug that would cause the low-atmosphere loading screen to appear during high school atmosphere.
- Lightened up all characters’ eye textures so that their eyes are a bit brighter and more vibrant.
- Fixed bug that was causing students’ legs to turn white in Yandere-chan’s basement.
- Made minor modifications to the Nemesis-chan icons in the Mission Mode menu.
- Changed the sound effects of the rooftop air ventilation machines.