I usually upload new builds and videos simultaneously – but today is an exception. My next video will contain a really big announcement, so I’ve scheduled it for 8:00 AM PST, a time when more people will be awake. (That’s about 6 hours away from when this blog post goes up.)
I’ve uploaded a new build of the game. To read about everything is new and different in the latest build, scroll down beneath this beautiful drawing by flannel_kun!
Changes and Additions
- Changed the shade of pink that covers the screen when Yandere-chan is near Senpai. Previously, it was 100% magenta. Now, it’s a lighter shade of pink that matches the game’s branding.
- Fixed bug in Pose Mode that would cause graphical errors with the teachers’ textures if trying to change a teacher’s hairstyle.
- If you go into the Settings menu and press the spacebar on your keyboard, you can toggle experimental graphics settings.
- Kokona won’t try to begin her cooking event if Yandere-chan is already cooking in the kitchen at the time of the event.
- Fixed bug that was causing the incinerator’s sound effect to be heard even when nowhere near the incinerator.
- It is now possible to customize a female student’s stockings in Pose Mode.
- Fixed bug that was preventing Cyborg Mode from working properly.
- Added two new hair models for Yandere-chan.
- Added one new accessory for Yandere-chan.
- Adjusted Saki Miyu’s hair model.
Extremely significant progress has been made on Osana – unrelated to code – but I have not had much time to actually sit down and write code lately. You’ll know what has been eating up my time once you see my next video, when it goes live about 6 hours from now. Because of the exciting events that I’m going to describe in my next video, I am now more hyped than ever to work on Osana!
I think that March 1st ~ March 15th is finally going to be the time period when I will proudly be able to say that I’ve finally made significant code-related progress on Osana for the first time since January. I am really pumped up about this! Once again, I apologize that it is taking so long for me to get Osana ready for you. Game development is full of unexpected twists and turns.
After my second “What’s Taking So Long?” video, I received hundreds of supportive messages encouraging me to take better care of myself. I’ve decided to take the advice that I’ve been given. It’s very important to me to continue making steady progress on Yandere Simulator, so I’m still going to work on it 7 days a week, but I’m going to cut down the number of hours that I work. I’m reducing my work hours to about 10 hours per day. I’ll still only take off one day per month.
To relax and unwind after a day of work, I’ve been streaming video games to twitch.tv; if you’re interested, you can come watch me. I usually start streaming every night at 12 midnight in the PST timezone. By the way, I absolutely need to take off an entire day to stream The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild when it comes out, and you’re welcome to come watch me! (If I don’t get it on release day, I will definitely stream it the day afterwards.)
Thank you for your patience, and thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!