Finally! After a long, long wait, I am finally ready to present the Rival Introduction Video! Enjoy!
- The 2D graphics that float around in the background – and the rival’s name plates – were created by Jacob Judge ( http://jacobjudge.com/ ).
- The artist who provided the character artwork for this video is named Guillermo Valerla Iglesias ( http://kjech.deviantart.com/ ).
- I received color correction and motion blur assistance from Andrew Taraba of Bizurk Software ( http://bizurk.net/ ).
- I was the person in charge of the video’s motion graphics (making the characters move around onscreen, etc).
- The modeller who provided the rivals’ hairstyles was Druelbozo ( http://druelbozo.deviantart.com/ ).
- The music was composed by Taylor Ambrosio Wood ( http://marimbagirl.com/ ).
The characters’ voices are not set in stone, but these are the talented women who graciously lent their voices to this video:
- Osana Najimi – Brittany Lauda
- Amai Odayaka – Kimberly Ann Campbell
- Kizana Sunobu – Katelyn Barr
- Oka Ruto – mom0ki
- Asu Rito – Dawn M Bennett
- Muja Kina – Dawn M Bennett
- Mida Rana – Marissa Lenti
- Osoro Shidesu – Alexis Silvera
- Hanako Yamada – Dawn M Bennett
- Megami Saiko – Amanda Lee
I’m very, very grateful to everyone who was involved! Thank you all so much for your help!
If you’d like to learn more about the rivals, I suggest heading over to the Characters page of the Yandere Simulator website! It’s been updated with 10 character profiles!
The Characters page will be updated soon with 10 more characters! Yes, Yandere Simulator has more planned characters than you might think. The next time I update the Characters page, I will announce it with a blog post.
Reasons for Rival Video Delay
You’d probably like to hear an explanation for why it took so long to produce the Rival intro video. On August 15th, I polled the fanbase to find out what you wanted me to focus my attention on next, and the majority of you voted for the Rival video. At that point in time, I fully intended to follow the results of the poll…but something happened that made me choose to focus my attention on the Matchmaking video, instead.
As I’m sure many of you already know by now, screenshots from an earlier version of the Rival video were somehow leaked to the Internet. This was very disappointing to me, and honestly, it significantly diminished my motivation for working on the Rival video. After I lost my motivation, I decided to focus exclusively on the Matchmaking feature, instead. If it wasn’t for the leaks, I wouldn’t have lost my motivation, and this video would have been out 3~4 weeks ago.
It is still a complete mystery how screenshots from the Rival video were leaked. Here are the facts:
- Only five people were allowed to see this video; the musicians who were asked to compose music for it.
- I was extremely secretive about this video, and allowed NOBODY else to see it, not even my closest friends.
- I uploaded an early version of the video to YouTube as an “unlisted” video so that the musicians could compose music for it. I checked the video’s view count every day, to check for anything suspicious. One day, the view count shot up to 50. This was extremely suspicious (an indication that someone was spreading around the link to the video) so I deleted the video immediately.
- The entire video was not leaked; only screenshots of it were leaked. This makes me believe that whoever took the screenshots was only able to watch it once; otherwise, they would have taken additional screenshots.
- One of the composers who I sent this video to has not responded to any of my attempts to communicate with them. (I will call him “The 5th Composer”).
Considering all of the above information, my current theory is that The 5th Composer didn’t take the confidential nature of the video very seriously, and broadcasted it during a live-stream. Someone took screenshots of it, and posted these screenshots on Instagram. From there, the screenshots were spread around the Internet. I have no evidence to confirm that The 5th Composer is the one responsible for the leak; this is only a theory, so there is not much else for me to say.
If you have some free time, I’d like to ask you to answer a few polls for me:
Prior to this blog post, were you aware that screenshots of the Rival video had been leaked? http://poal.me/5qxw6i
If you were aware of the leak…
Did you avoid looking at any images / videos of the leaked material? http://poal.me/u9rzuc
When did you first become aware of the leak? http://poal.me/yzfjl9
Thanks for your time!
The next thing I will focus my attention on is making a video about everything I’ll need to do in order to implement Yandere Simulator’s first real official rival. I hope to have that video out by October 1st – and then you’ll know what my priorities for the month of October are going to be!
As always, thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!