I know that this doesn’t actually have anything to do with the development of Yandere Simulator, but I thought it was so cool that I just had to make a video about it. It’s a mod that puts Yandere-chan into the latest Smash Bros game!
This mod was created by an awesome dude named Pikachuk! Thanks, Pikachuk!
If you want to play this mod, you’ll need 3 things:
- A WiiU that has been updated to 5.5.1 firmware.
- The ability to access the Internet on your WiiU.
- An SD card that has been formated to FAT32.
If you have the North American version of Smash Bros, download this zip file. Create a folder on the root of your SD card named 0005000010144F00.
If you have the European version of Smash Bros, download this zip file. Create a folder on the root of your SD card named 0005000010145000.
- Unzip the contents of the zip file. You’ll find a folder named “patch”. Put the “patch” folder into the “000500001014____” folder on the root of your SD card.
- Use your WiiU’s browser to navigate to this website: http://loadiine.ovh
- Select “sdcafiine + kernel” from the drop-down list.
- Your WiiU will return to the main menu. Return to http://loadiine.ovh
- Your WiiU will load sdcafiine. Just press the “A” button.
- Run Smash Bros, and see Yandere-chan!
No hardware modifications are required, no software installation is required.
(If you can’t get it working, please don’t e-mail me and ask for advice. I need to focus on developing Yandere Simulator. I can’t spend my time providing tech support for Smash mods. I’m sure you will find plenty of people in the Smash modding community who would be happy to help you.)
If you strongly disapprove of me using this blog to talk about anything except the development of Yandere Simulator, let me know. If there is a strong negative reaction to this type of content, I won’t spend any time on it in the future.