Usually, every update has a “theme”; we’ve had “The Delinquent Update”, we’ve had “The Club Update”, and we’ve even had “The Bucket Update”. Today’s update doesn’t really have a theme that results in a catchy name, unless you think “The Update of Many Minor Improvements” has a nice ring to it.
So, what does it look like when I dedicate two weeks to polishing the game? It looks something like this:
Here’s a full list of everything that is new in the latest build:
- Fixed bug that would cause a student to rotate in strange ways if they were attacked shortly after being distracted by a giggle from Yandere-chan.
- Fixed bug that would cause dismembered corpses to be splattered with gasoline instead of blood under certain circumstances.
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona to eat a bento in the bathtub if she was splashed with liquid while holding a bento.
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause Kokona to get stuck on doors when walking back into school from the locker room.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to view Yandere-chan as “Trespassing” even when she wasn’t in a trespassing zone.
- Fixed bug that caused the fourth male school uniform to display with incorrect textures on the pants.
- Fixed a typo in Yandere-chan and Info-chan’s initial text message conversation.
- Re-wrote some of the game’s code in an attempt to improve the framerate a bit.
- Implemented better “staring at cell phone” animation so that students don’t look like they are wobbling left and right while walking with a cell phone.
- Students now enter the school as a crowd instead of entering the school in two perfectly straight lines
- Students now enter the school wearing “outdoor shoes” and switch to “indoor shoes” at their lockers, just like real Japanese high school students.
- Students now switch from “indoor shoes” to “outdoor shoes” before leaving school.
- Yandere-chan can now switch between outdoor shoes and indoor shoes (there are currently no penalties for wearing one type of shoe or another).
- It is now possible to use a radio to distract NPCs, who will walk over to the radio to turn it off.
- Replaced several of Kokona’s old voice-acted lines with new lines, voiced by Mom0ki.
- Gave teachers an official uniform.
- Gave teachers a daily routine.
- Gave the gym teacher a routine that gives her the role of “school gate sentry” at the beginning and end of the school day, and “faculty room sentry” throughout the rest of the day.
- Decorated the faculty room with more props.
- The answer sheet in the faculty room is now much more difficult to steal because teachers will react if they see Yandere-chan stealing the answer sheet, and the faculty room will always have at least one teacher inside of it.
- Stealing the answer sheet from the faculty room now requires a 10-second “rummage through papers” sequence that creates noise and causes nearby NPCs to investigate.
Three exciting things are happening in the near future:
- The official website is almost ready to launch! I’m super happy with how it’s turning out! I’m looking forward to unveiling it at long last.
- I finally found a dependable and reliable artist to draw all of the rival girls. I think that I’ll finally be able to reveal them sometime in the near future!
- Recently, I had a programming breakthrough and realized what has been causing the game to have a low framerate. The solution to the problem would require several days of re-writing code, so I haven’t addressed the issue yet. I hope to solve the problem sometime in July, once I finally find the free time to do so.
With that said, none of those things can happen within the next 7 days, and here’s why:
My birthday is on June 30th, but I can’t celebrate my birthday that day, because I have to spend that day traveling to Los Angeles, because I’ll be attending Anime Expo from July 1st to July 4th. So, instead of celebrating my birthday on June 30th, I’m going to celebrate on June 29th. As a result, I won’t be available for about a week.
If there are any bugs in this build, then I won’t be able to fix them until July 5th or 6th – I’m very sorry!
As always, thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!