Usually, every update has a “theme”; we’ve had “The Delinquent Update”, we’ve had “The Club Update”, and we’ve even had “The Bucket Update”. Today’s update doesn’t really have a theme that results in a catchy name, unless you think “The Update of Many Minor Improvements” has a nice ring to it.
So, what does it look like when I dedicate two weeks to polishing the game? It looks something like this:
Here’s a full list of everything that is new in the latest build:
- Fixed bug that would cause a student to rotate in strange ways if they were attacked shortly after being distracted by a giggle from Yandere-chan.
- Fixed bug that would cause dismembered corpses to be splattered with gasoline instead of blood under certain circumstances.
- Fixed bug that would cause Kokona to eat a bento in the bathtub if she was splashed with liquid while holding a bento.
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause Kokona to get stuck on doors when walking back into school from the locker room.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to view Yandere-chan as “Trespassing” even when she wasn’t in a trespassing zone.
- Fixed bug that caused the fourth male school uniform to display with incorrect textures on the pants.
- Fixed a typo in Yandere-chan and Info-chan’s initial text message conversation.
- Re-wrote some of the game’s code in an attempt to improve the framerate a bit.
- Implemented better “staring at cell phone” animation so that students don’t look like they are wobbling left and right while walking with a cell phone.
- Students now enter the school as a crowd instead of entering the school in two perfectly straight lines
- Students now enter the school wearing “outdoor shoes” and switch to “indoor shoes” at their lockers, just like real Japanese high school students.
- Students now switch from “indoor shoes” to “outdoor shoes” before leaving school.
- Yandere-chan can now switch between outdoor shoes and indoor shoes (there are currently no penalties for wearing one type of shoe or another).
- It is now possible to use a radio to distract NPCs, who will walk over to the radio to turn it off.
- Replaced several of Kokona’s old voice-acted lines with new lines, voiced by Mom0ki.
- Gave teachers an official uniform.
- Gave teachers a daily routine.
- Gave the gym teacher a routine that gives her the role of “school gate sentry” at the beginning and end of the school day, and “faculty room sentry” throughout the rest of the day.
- Decorated the faculty room with more props.
- The answer sheet in the faculty room is now much more difficult to steal because teachers will react if they see Yandere-chan stealing the answer sheet, and the faculty room will always have at least one teacher inside of it.
- Stealing the answer sheet from the faculty room now requires a 10-second “rummage through papers” sequence that creates noise and causes nearby NPCs to investigate.
Three exciting things are happening in the near future:
- The official website is almost ready to launch! I’m super happy with how it’s turning out! I’m looking forward to unveiling it at long last.
- I finally found a dependable and reliable artist to draw all of the rival girls. I think that I’ll finally be able to reveal them sometime in the near future!
- Recently, I had a programming breakthrough and realized what has been causing the game to have a low framerate. The solution to the problem would require several days of re-writing code, so I haven’t addressed the issue yet. I hope to solve the problem sometime in July, once I finally find the free time to do so.
With that said, none of those things can happen within the next 7 days, and here’s why:
My birthday is on June 30th, but I can’t celebrate my birthday that day, because I have to spend that day traveling to Los Angeles, because I’ll be attending Anime Expo from July 1st to July 4th. So, instead of celebrating my birthday on June 30th, I’m going to celebrate on June 29th. As a result, I won’t be available for about a week.
If there are any bugs in this build, then I won’t be able to fix them until July 5th or 6th – I’m very sorry!
As always, thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!
425 thoughts on “June Progress Report”
HAPPY BIRTHDAY YANDERE DEV!! Hope you have a great time at Anime Expo!
Happy Bday I would get the game but it was to compcaded by any chance can u make the downloading easier
wow a birthday at anime expo your the real party animal aren’t you yandere dev I’m guessing mindoris not invited to the party
when is she ever
Happy Birthday Yandere Dev! I wish you good luck for the rest of the year.
Happy Birthday Yandere Dev!
happy birthday yandere dev !! have a wonderful time at anime expo !
Happy Birthday Yandere Dev!
Happy birthday Yandere Dev! Love the game so much, you’re such an inspiration! I feel so much more courage to start an mmorpg ive been wanting to make for years!
Maybe I’m wrong, but i think you exchanged outside and inside shoes.
Which of the voice lines for Kokona was changed? I checked the one where she talks to Saki (thats the one i assumed got updated) but it wasnt it…
The only one I’ve found is the scream when falling.
Happy birthday and I am so excited for Yandere Simmulator and the amazing progress!
Happy birthday Devpai ❤
Happy birthday Yandere Dev, I hope your trip is great!
Happy birthday yandere dev 🙂
HAPPY BDAY YANDERE DEV!
I would email you this, but I am NOT going to waste your time!!
Happy birthday Yandere Dev, thanks for being such an awesome and dedicated Developer. I wish you have success in everything you wish, and I hope you live many many more years. A big hug from Colombia! \(°u°)/
Happy Birthday and hope to see you at Anime Expo!
happy birthday yandere dev!!!!!!
YANDEREDEV! YANDEREDEV! HAPPY BIRTHAY!!!!
Have an amazing birthday and just have fun!!
Happy birthday, Yandere~Dev!
I would like to wish you a happy birthday (even though I’m a wee bit late.)
It’s strange wishing someone a happy birthday on the same day as your own, but anyway hope you had a wonderful day.
It’s your birthday as well?
You deserve a happy birthday too!!
happy birthday! thanks for making a great game so far!
Also, I only just noticed, but gym teacher’s boobs are realllly wonky.
NOTICE ME DEVPAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WANT TO BE ABLE TO BURRY PEOPLE ALIVE PLEASEEEE you don’t have to but it would be fun
Wouldn’t they be able to dig themselves up? Either that or it would be extremely time-consuming.
ok fine you got me there
Happy Birthday was at work all day and didnt see this until i check the site today seems we share the same birthday Right on dude thanks for the killer game ha ha ha get it?
SOOO everytime i try to do the gasoline thing it fall in front of kokona what do i do? i reseted the game, delete and downlowd it but it keeps doing it..
You’re obviously not supposed to tell him here. And even if you tell him now he won’t do anything about it right now
Happy birthday YandereDev.
Male teachers have we?
Students will have personal shoes?
You’ll change the look of the bathroom?
Add a cute park goshawks cherry?
I know, this is a little late. But still: Happy Birthday YandereDev!
Happy Birthday Yandere Dev!
Happy B-Day Devpai!
Happy belated birthday Devpai! Can’t wait for that website BTW 🙂
happy birthday i`m from brazil and i love is game hope you have fun in los angeles,post updates soon
I’m sorry if this is a suggestion, but at least it isn’t a suggestion being emailed 😀
There should be some kids that come early and some that come late, since some kids might have a different mind set about school. The social butterflies come on time so they can have a good reputation, loners come a little later than usual since they don’t really have much to look forward to, teachers pets and students that are valedictorian, like the student body president, come early so they can look good, like the social butterfly. I doubt that, in a real Japanese school, every student comes to school in one big group, except for the students that come on time.
CupcakeSlays suggested having students come at different times would really add to the realism, and the fact that characters have quite a few different personalities… It would make sense to have them all do things (or just come to school) in a time that is based somewhat in their personality. I feel that if this were a feature, the games quality might improve- Not that I don’t think the games good enough!! I just feel like this sort of a feature could be really good in Yandere Simulator and I really like your idea.
KawaiiNeptune suggested that the student council should also greet the students, like in some animes were the line up near the gate and welcome everyone. Then they close the gate when everyone is inside.
Thanks for reading!
Having some students facing towards the school and some facing away would make it harder to murder stragglers as they come in the school…
In my opinion, the most interesting changes in this update are the annoying radio (little tools to tweak NPC behavior are always fun) and noisy actions causing NPCs to investigate things (something many stealth games overlook, and which I hope will be applied to other actions in the future). Hence, I propose that this update be called the Noise Update.
yandere dev yandere dev you messed up the shoes the white shoes are suppose to be indoor shoes while the black shoes are outdoor shoes