Boy, oh boy! A lot of people had strong feelings about yesterday’s video, and let me hear about it. The reaction was almost unanimous. I’ve made a video in response to everything that I’ve heard over the past 12 hours:
There are a couple of things that I can be a bit stubborn about, but I’m definitely not stubborn enough to defend a feature when the overwhelming majority of the fan-base tells me that it’s ridiculous. A developer who doesn’t listen to criticism is a developer digging his own grave. I take feedback very seriously, and this definitely won’t be an exception.
There’s a possibility that I may eventually revisit this topic at some point in the future, but it definitely won’t happen unless I can present a thorough plan for how I’d make the feature fit in and feel thematically appropriate.
…hmm…I wonder…what if the player was given the option of infiltrating the loan shark’s office and setting up a bunch of traps, so that when he arrives with his henchmen, they’re injured or incapacitated? That might be a more believable way for a schoolgirl to take down a bunch of grown men, while keeping things stealthy…hmm…
In other news, I’ve uploaded a new build. Here are the details:
- Removed debug command that would trigger Kokona’s expulsion cut-scene, because way too many people were pressing it on accident and then reporting it as a bug.
- Fixed bug that would cause bizarre issues if Yandere-chan tried to arrange a meeting on the school rooftop at the same time that Kokona was accepting a phone call.
- It is now possible to have the “Offer Help” conversation with Kokona behind the school and in the storage room, in addition to the rooftop.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to use the “Offer Help” command on Kokona…after pushing Kokona off of the school rooftop.
- Fixed bug that would cause the player to switch between their phone and their rival’s stolen phone outside of the appropriate situation.
- The player is no longer able to peek into Info-chan’s room when Info-chan is dropping an object out of her window.
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause Kuu Dere to sometimes become stuck on a door on the rooftop.
- Replaced Sakyu Basu’s poor-quality ring removal animation with a higher quality animation.
- Fixed bug that would cause Musume’s hair to not have an outline in Yandere Vision.
- Added a texture for Kokona’s phone so that it’s not just a purple rectangle.
- Replaced the texture of Yandere-chan’s phone with a higher-quality one.