Updated again on March 5th to fix ten more bugs.
Updated on March 4th to fix the “Students permanently freeze when you aim a camera at them” bug.
If you’re looking for information on the latest feature to be added to the game, click here!
I play Yandere Simulator using a controller. I almost never play the game while using a keyboard+mouse. When I implemented the cello case, I made it possible to equip and un-equip the case using a controller…but I completely forgot to make it possible to un-equip the case when the player is using a keyboard! Oops! What a huge mistake!
On controller, the D-pad is used to select and drop things that are “equipped” on your body, such as weapons and the cello case. Pressing “Up” on the D-pad to select the cello case, and then pressing the “A” button would drop the cello case.
On keyboard, the 1, 2, 3, and 4 keys are used to select and drop things. The “4” key is reserved for dropping any objects that are attached to your body, such as a cello case.
If these systems prove to be non-intuitive, they may be replaced by superior systems in the future.
I’m going to be busy for most of today, so I don’t have time to fix very many bugs, but the cello case bug will prevent people from being able to properly playtest the “sneak a corpse past the delinquents” feature, so I’m going to roll out a new build just to fix that one bug. Head on over to the Downloads page to grab it!
Scroll down past this gorgeous artwork by Meeps-chan to read a very short list of all of the changes in this new build!
March 3rd Update
- Added a way for keyboard users to drop the cello case.
- Restored a sink that had been removed from the school rooftop.
March 4th Update
- Fixed bug that would cause students to freeze in place when the player aimed a camera at them.
- Fixed bug that would break “Bad Time Mode” if the player attempted to activate Psychokinesis while carrying a corpse.
March 5th Update
- The player is not allowed to put down the cello case if there is an obstacle blocking the way (a wall, a person, an item, etc). In order to inform the player whether or not it is possible to put down the cello case, an “X” appears over the cello case icon. This “X” was appearing for the controller menu, but was not appearing in the keyboard menu. I’ve updated the keyboard menu so that the “X” appears whenever the player is not allowed to drop the cello case because there is an obstacle in the way.
- If a club leader is killed, but the police are unable to locate the corpse of the club leader, the club leader will be described as “missing” instead of “dead” during the end-of-day text sequence.
- Fixed bug that was causing the game to ignore male arms and only count female arms when the player was attempting to summon something…”totally normal”…in the Occult Club.
- The camera now follows Yandere-chan’s movements when she is pushing a student off the rooftop or dumping a corpse off the rooftop (instead of staying locked in place).
- It is no longer possible to give “large” weapons (like the katana and circular saw) to a mind-broken slave. Only “short” weapons (like knives).
- Fixed bug that was causing pink detection markers to remain onscreen after an NPC was killed by…”totally normal” arms.
- Fixed bug that would cause delinquents to freeze in place if the player moved more than 7 meters away from them.
- Fixed bug that prevented any students from spawning if the player brought a mind-broken slave to school.
- Increased delinquent running speed so that it should be impossible to escape them.
- Fixed Mai Waifu’s student portrait, which had incorrectly-colored eyes.