I’ve prepared a new build with a bunch of bug fixes. However, there are still several bugs in this build. The reason why I have not fixed those bugs is because I don’t know how to encounter those bugs. The reason why I don’t know how to encounter the bugs is because the people who are sending bug reports are not providing me with enough information.
To fix a bug, I need to see a list of steps that cause the bug to happen 100% of the time. This is extremely important. Without a set of “repro steps”, I can’t reproduce the bug or try to fix it.
If you figure out a set of steps that reliably causes the bug to happen, then please tell me what those steps are. If you can’t give me extremely clear instructions on exactly how to replicate the bug that you found, then don’t bother sending me a bug report. If I cannot experience the bug for myself, then I won’t be able to fix it.
- DO NOT report bugs that you saw in a Let’s Play video. New builds are updated very frequently, so YouTube videos become outdated very quickly.
- If you only encounter a bug ONCE and you cannot cause it to happen again, DO NOT bother reporting it
- ONLY report a bug if you can successfully trigger the bug any time you try to make it happen.
- ONLY report a bug if you can can tell me exactly what I must do to experience it for myself.
- DO NOT report bugs that can only occur when you are using debug commands. Debug commands will not be available in the final game, so it’s pointless to report bugs that result from them.
- DO NOT use vague language. ONLY use extremely specific and clear language.
- DO NOT attempt to tell jokes in your bug report. ONLY give me the facts.
If all of these criteria are met, you can report bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the word “Bug” somewhere in the subject of your e-mail.
It would really, REALLY help if you would send me video footage of the bug, especially if it’s video footage of the exact steps that must be followed in order to produce a bug during the Police Investigation sequence.
Scroll down past this lovely illustration drawn by Meeps-chan in order to see a list of all of the bug fixes in this new build.
- Fixed bug that could cause Kokona to break out of her Cooking Event without returning the knife to its place in the knife block, causing her to permanently walk around school with a knife in her hand.
- Fixed bug that would prevent Kokona from going to the locker room and taking off her clothes if Yandere-chan dumped water on her head in a bathroom stall while the bathroom lights were off.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to believe that an article of bloody clothing existed somewhere on school grounds if Yandere-chan committed murder while naked.
- Fixed bug that would prevent a weapon from being updated with Yandere-chan’s blood if Yandere-chan already had the weapon in her inventory when equipping it.
- Fixed bug that would cause a plate of food to become glued to Kokona’s right hand if she became alarmed or witnessed murder while carrying a plate of food.
- Fixed numerous bugs that would occur during the Police Invesitgation screen if the player tranquilized Kokona-chan and then framed her for murder.
- Fixed bug that was causing certain props to not appear in Kokona’s hands when she was performing her “preparing food” animation.
- Fixed bug that would cause the kitchen knife to levitate outside of Kokona’s hand during her “preparing food” animation.
- Fixed bug that was causing all members of the Martial Arts Club to display the wrong club in their Student Info profile.
- Fixed bug that would cause the player to become unable to enter night-time if the police were not called to the school.
- Fixed bug that was causing two members of the Martial Arts Club to face the wrong way inside of the club.
- Added a “victim’s fingerprints are on the murder weapon that killed her” circumstance to the Police Investigation sequence.
- Updated some inaccurate / out-of-date text that would display after leveling up the Biology skill.
I was planning on making an important announcement today, but it’s absolutely imperative that this blog post is seen by as many people as possible, so I’m going to save my important announcement for tomorrow, instead.
If I have to upload another Bug-Fixing build tomorrow, then the important announcement will wait until the following day.
Please, for the love of god, stop sending me useless bug reports! There is nothing more frustrating than that!