This is mostly just a bug-fixing build. There’s a small amount of new content, but the purpose of this build was mainly just to take care of everything I wanted fixed before I commit to implementing the game’s next big feature.
To read a list of everything that I fixed/changed/added in the latest build, scroll down beneath this adorable artwork from sexyunicornking!
Fixes and Changes
- Fixed bug that would cause students to identify Yandere-chan as a murderer if she was standing next to a corpse, in circumstances when the corpse wasn’t actually visible to the witness.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to remain standing during a group takedown animation if she was being chased by someone else at the time that the group takedown occured.
- Fixed bugs in the Multi-Mission interface that would prevent the player from setting “Nobody” as a target, or allow the player to set the same target multiple times.
- May have fixed bug that caused the player to lose the ability to rotate the camera after exiting the map. (Please test for it and tell me if this bug still exists.)
- Fixed bug that prevented Yandere-chan from being able to push a student off the school rooftop if they were sent there using the “Send To Locker” feature.
- Restored “Look at a picture of Senpai to restore Sanity” feature (apparently, it has been broken for a long time, and I simply never knew about it!).
- Fixed bug that would prevent School Atmosphere from displaying correctly if Yandere-chan lost sanity while School Atmosphere was low.
- Fixed bug that would allow a student to be distracted by another student while reacting to the effects of eating poisoned food.
- The “Censor Attack Animations” command now works with the attack animation that occurs at the end of the Struggle minigame.
- Fixed bug which caused Student Council members to ignore Yandere-chan even though she was obviously armed/bloody/insane.
- Fixed issue which caused the tops of characters’ heads to be completely missing when their hair model was not visible.
- Fixed exploit that allowed the player to attack the Student Council during times when they shouldn’t be vulnerable.
- Fixed bug that caused some parts of the HUD to display as the wrong color during Mission Mode / LoveSick mode.
- Teachers (and the nurse) no longer use the “default” face, and have slightly different faces than students.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to freeze if the player was rotating the camera while opening the map.
- When using a picture of Senpai to restore Sanity, the player will hear Yandere-chan release a happy sigh.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to pick up an item dropped in a stairway area.
- Fixed bug that was preventing School Atmosphere from displaying correctly during Mission Mode.
- Yandere-chan’s involuntary giggles are now different from her intentional giggles.
- Fixed bug which made it impossible to offer help to Kokona on the school rooftop.
- Fixed bug that caused students’ unique faces to disappear when wearing a towel.
- Tweaked the appearance of the skybox slightly.
- Updated “broken smartphone” model.
- Put something new into Yandere-chan’s room. It’s hard to explain. I’m gonna be intentionally vague while describing it.
- It has nothing to do with Yandere Simulator’s story or backstory; in fact, it concerns something that won’t happen until after Yandere Simulator’s story has ended. Even though it doesn’t actually have an effect on Yandere Sim’s gameplay or story, I’ve been planning it for a very long time – since 2014 or 2015 – so it’s something that I absolutely had to include in the game.
- There are 5, one for each day of the week, starting on Monday and ending on Friday. They can only be accessed at night. You can’t reach Friday night naturally, since failing to eliminate Osana before 6:00 PM on Friday is a Game Over, and Osana’s not in the game yet. Thus, you’ll need to reach Friday night with a debug command. Press the “~” key while inside of Yandere-chan’s room, and you’ll change the time of day to night-time.
- In case you’re upset at me for including something unnecessary in the game, fear not! To make sure that this feature wouldn’t take any time away from development, I asked AMZE to create the system for me, and he did an excellent job. Thank you very much, AMZE!!
- It contains a lot of words that probably trigger automatic demonetization on YouTube, so I’m not actually sure if it’s possible to make a video about it without heavily censoring it. I apologize in advance to any YouTubers who are inconvenienced by it.
- It’s connected to the “Enlightenment” stat, which is increased by reading Life Note manga, although the Enlightenment stat still doesn’t have any purpose in-game yet. It’s also connected to one of the demons in the Demon Realm.
- The final game will have 50, instead of 5. You can consider these 5 to be a bite-sized preview of what I’m planning for the final game.
- It only works with the keyboard for now, no gamepad controls just yet. Sorry about that!