The primary focus of this build was to update gameplay mechanics that, previously, only applied to Kokona. It is now possible to frame anyone for murder, push anyone off the roof, drop a heavy object on anyone, and set anyone on fire. The methods for doing some of these things have changed. There is also a new feature in Yandere-chan’s room, a new weapon, and some other minor additions!
To read a comprehensive list of everything that has been changed or added to the game, scroll down past this incredible artwork by an artist named neuroshii! It’s my “YandereDev” avatar, drawn in the art style of Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure! I love JBA, so I really enjoy this artwork!
Also, scroll down to the bottom of this blog post for something cute!
Changes To Framing For Murder
- The player can now frame *anyone* for murder, not just Kokona during her cooking event. The process is described below:
- Obtain a roll of masking tape in the Art Club.
- Find a cardboard box in the Incinerator area, and use the masking tape to tape the cardboard box shut.
- Wear gloves to avoid getting your fingerprints onto a murder weapon.
- Stab a box cutter into the taped cardboard box.
- Present the stabbed box to a student and ask for help getting the box cutter out. The student will agree, and put their fingerprints onto the box cutter.
Changes To Rooftop-Pushing / Drowning / Dropping Heavy Objects
- Yandere-chan can now leave a note in anyone’s locker, not just Kokona’s locker. This means she can direct anyone to the school rooftop, a fountain where they can be drowned, or an area where an object can be dropped on their head. The process is described below:
- Find a piece of paper pinned to one of the columns in the locker area, and interact with it.
- A screen will appear, displaying all of the students that Yandere-chan has information on. Select a student, an arrow will appear above that student’s locker. This allows you to leave a note at that student’s locker.
- In order for a student to take a note seriously, the note must relate to that student’s interests. (The student’s Persona is the biggest clue.)
- Student lockers have been re-designed, but the “interact with lockers” animations have not been updated yet. The animations will, hopefully, be updated in the near future.
Changes To Fire Elimination
- The “bucket of water above door” trap can now be used on any student, not just Kokona. As a result, now any student can now be drenched in liquid – water, blood, or gasoline.
- If you would like to ignite a student who has been doused in gasoline, you now have another option besides flicking a match at them; you can now obtain a candle and place it on the ground. If a student steps on a candle while doused in gasoline, they will burst into flames! (It’s obvious where to obtain a candle in Akademi High…isn’t it?)
- If a student is doused with liquid, they become paranoid and become wary of traps. If you try to make a paranoid student pass through a door that has a bucket of water above it, they will dodge out of the way of the bucket when it falls. As a result, you cannot douse a student with liquid twice in one day.
- Yandere-chan can no longer trip while carrying a bucket.
- In my last video, I mentioned that there are a lot of gameplay mechanics in Yandere Simulator that aren’t obvious to new players. I received a lot of feedback from fans regarding this subject; many people suggested that the player could learn about gameplay mechanics from watching anime or reading manga inside of Yandere-chan’s room. It sounds like a fun idea, so I’ve decided to test it out; you can now find a new feature in Yandere-chan’s room. What you can currently find in-game is a rough prototype of the concept, and it will most likely be improved upon in the future.
- All students’ Cleaning Time routines have been re-designed; there are no longer any bugs where a male student cleans toilets in the girls’ bathroom, or bugs where a character spins in circles at the school gate during cleaning time.
- I recently had an epiphany regarding something that could potentially improve the framerate a lot. Please tell me if you see a noticeable difference in the framerate between the previous build and this new build!
- I’ve updated the 3D models for the glasses that the player can put on Senpai at the Senpai Customization screen.
- If you open the debug menu and press the F8 key, you can…”censor”…all of the blood in the game.
- Added a new weapon to the game, found in the Light Music Club room. The current SFX are temporary.
- Fixed bug that would break a student’s routine if they were distracted by another student while heading to a drinking fountain to have a drink.
- The player can now speak to a club leader about joining a club at lunchtime, when the club leader is eating lunch outside of their club.
- It should no longer be possible for the player to get stuck in a permanent state of waiting to be pinned down by students.
- Fixed bug that caused Yandere-chan to sit in mid-air when sewing clothing in the Sewing Room.
- Fixed bug that caused Phone Addicts’ phones to be invisible as they were reacting to murder.
- Fixed bug that allowed multiple students to drink from the same drinking fountain.
Fans of Kingdom Hearts 3 have been using the Gummi Ship Editor to build some very interesting creations! For example, here’s a re-creation of Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7, here’s a re-creation of Morgana from Persona 5, and here’s a re-creation of Superman!
I know this is probably a very strange request, but I was curious to know if anyone would be interested in creating a Gummi Ship that is meant to resemble a chibi Ayano. If you create a Yandere Sim-themed Gummi Ship, please contact me and let me know! I’d love to see it!
Ha! I’ve tricked you! You expected something cute? Too bad! It was me,