I’ve prepared a new build! You can watch this video to learn what’s new:
There’s something cool I want to talk about, but I think I should make it a separate blog post, so I’ll announce it tomorrow. Check back tomorrow if you’re interested – especially if you’re going to be attending Anime Expo!
With the addition of all these new students, you might notice the framerate starting to drop lower. That’s a big reason why I added the “Void Goddess” debug tool to the game:
If you have a weak computer, but you still want to check out the new characters, you can summon this character (located to the left of where Yandere-chan spawns at the beginning of the day) and use her debug menu to selectively despawn all characters except for the ones that you want to see. This way, much fewer characters will be present at school, so the framerate will be much higher! (Of course, in the final game, the framerate problems will be resolved, and a debug workaround won’t be necessary!)
Actually, I have some cool things to announce regarding programmer assistance and framerate improvements, but I’ll save that for tomorrow’s blog post!
Anyway, for a list of everything that is new/fixed in the latest build – along with some other stuff that I’d like to share – please click “Continue Reading”!
Additions / Adjustments
- Added another set of background tracks to the game, one for each combination of sanity and atmosphere – a total of 9 new tracks! It’s the 6th set of background tracks added to the game! This music was provided by Hali Records! By the way, she also made a really cool dubstep remix for me, please check it out!
- You can now use the “Void Goddess” (spider demon lady) to teleport students to your position, for testing / debugging features that require certain characters being present in a specific location to witness certain things.
- Adjusted chair colliders in classrooms so that students should no longer be able to get stuck on their chairs when trying to leave their classrooms / sit down at their seats.
- Added an extra curtain entrance to the Photography Club’s hangout so that they can no longer be blocked from entering their own hangout by Yandere-chan.
- Adjusted pathfinding timing so that students don’t frequently change course all the time (less robotic behavior, more fluid and human behavior).
- Added 15 new characters and gave them routines that involve interacting with various new props placed around the school.
- Added collision boxes to the school gym, so the player can no longer walk through the walls.
- Added Fureddo’s armband to his student portrait.
- Improved Yandere-chan’s “Ibuki” hair model.
- Added two news hairstyle for Yandere-chan.
- Improved Rojasu and Sukubi’s portraits.
- Added functional doors to the gym.
- Fixed bug that caused Yandere-chan to use the wrong idle/walk animation if she got injured by a delinquent, rested at the infirmary, and then performed an action that changed her idle/walk animation (like lifting a weight or carring a corpse).
- Previously, the Student Council would react to a fight by pepper-spraying you and the delinquent you were fighting with. As of now, the Student Council will break up the fight using an animation that suits their personality.
- Fixed bug that made it possible for Yandere-chan to be confronted by a pursuer in the middle of her dipping-mop-into-bucket animation, breaking the subsequent animation.
- Fixed exploit that would allow Yandere-chan to pass time without a corpse being discovered by resting at the infirmary while a corpse was on school grounds.
- Fixed bug that caused characters to continue operating after a Phone Addict game over, which could result in Yandere-chan getting multiple game overs.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s hair to disappear if she got a game over while using the two newest hairstyles to be added to the game.
- Fixed bug that would cause Dafune/Sukubi and Beruma/Rojasu to ignore one another if they were the only ones in the Photography Club together.
- It should no longer be possible to manipulate the camera to move into a changing booth while Yandere-chan is changing clothes inside of it.
- Fixed bug that would cause the guidance counselor to lecture Kokona even if Kokona was knocked out inside of the kidnapping case.
- Fixed bug that would cause a bully’s loose socks to disappear from her character model during a group takedown game over.
- Fixed bug that would cause a mysterious shadowy student to spawn at school if High Population Mode was turned on.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to put a tranquilized student into a case while being chased by a delinquent.
- Fixed bug that caused the Photography Club’s hair models to have an incorrectly-colored outline around them.
- Fixed bug that would cause some easter eggs to have a skin-colored patch appear on Yandere-chan’s thighs.
- Fixed bug that caused the Gardening Club shed to remain open even if the player quit the Gardening Club.
- Fixed build that would allow the player to drag a tranquilized student out of the tranquilizing room.
- Yandere-chan’s arms should no longer clip into her body when she is crouching during low sanity.
- Fixed bug that made it possible for Yandere-chan to be shoved while talking to a student.
- Yandere-chan can no longer use the “Change Shoes” feature while an easter egg is active.
- Phone Addicts will no longer hold their phones at bizarre angles while walking.
Over the past 3 weeks, I received countless encouraging messages from fans who wanted to express their support! The past month has been a very difficult time, but all of the heart-warming messages I’ve received helped to raise my spirits! So, I wanted to use this opportunity to express my gratitude for who took some time out of their day to send me kind words over the past month! Thank you all so much!
And, on a very similar note, yesterday was my birthday, and I received an overwhelming number of sweet messages wishing me a happy birthday! A lot of people even drew artwork for me, like this absolutely phenomenal illustration from Shirakawart!
And this suuuuuper adorable artwork from maxusfox23!
The Russian Yandere Simulator fanbase has always been incredibly kind to me, and this year, they not only created a ton of heartwarming fan art, but also a really cool music video!
I’m really, really lucky to have such a wonderful fanbase! I’m super grateful for all of the support and well-wishes that I’ve received over the past few weeks, and I’ll try extra hard this year to make you all proud!