My next big feature isn’t ready yet, but I’ve prepared a new build with a ton of minor improvements, bug fixes, and miscellaneous additions…including a new cassette tape!
In case you’d like to see proof that a significant addition to the game is coming in the near future, I’ll give you a peek at something that is currently being worked on:
Keep in mind that this is a rough work-in-progress and that the end result is going to be more polished!
There are a few other things I’d like to do with this blog post. First up: a poll!
You can pick multiple options! The results of this poll will determine something that will happen in the future, so please vote honestly!
Next, I wanted to mention that Kjech, the artist who drew all of the artwork for the Characters section of the official website, is now accepting commissions! So if you’ve always wanted the artist of Yandere Simulator to draw artwork for you, go check that out!
There are a couple more things I’d like to share with you today! To see those things and also see a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build, click “Continue Reading”!
March 8th was International Women’s Day, and IceAngel0203 celebrated by making this illustration of Ayano dressed as Rosie the Riveter! Even though I’m a week late, I still wanted to share the image with you!
Hikari-NJ made the above animation after I suggested the idea to her! I think it’s hilarious, and I wanted to share it!
Okay! With all of that out of the way, time to list everything that is different in the new build!
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to attend class while holding an object in her hands (this could allow Yandere-chan to hold a bucket in her hands during the Low Rep game over sequence, which was actually kind of hilarious to me).
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to break out of a killing animation if witnessed by four Heroic students (the game couldn’t pick between a Heroic takedown or a group takedown).
- Fixed bug that made it impossible to complete the Mission Mode’s “clean up blood” objective if the player committed murder using a weapon that doesn’t spill blood.
- Fixed bug that prevented Phone Addicts from contacting the police if they exited the school while the circular countdown timer above their heads was displaying.
- Fixed bug that would make a button prompt display onscreen even if the object associated with the prompt was behind the camera and out of the camera’s view.
- Fixed bug that would cause male screams to be audible from anywhere on the map when they should actually only be audible when in range of the student.
- Fixed bug that prevented Phone Addicts from performing the appropriate reactions to murder if the murder occurred before they entered the school gate.
- Fixed bug that would prevent blood from appearing on Yandere-chan’s body when she performed a medium-sanity attack with a short stabbing weapon.
- Fixed bug that would cause Senpai to play the wrong animation during a Low-Reputation Game Over if school atmosphere was in its lowest state.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from being able to dispose of a baseball bat in the incinerator if it was used for a stealth attack.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to push a girl off the school roof even after a fence had been put up around the rooftop.
- Fixed bug that would cause panties to appear on the protagonist’s body while the Yandere-kun easter egg was active.
- Fixed bug that would cause the red “Tag” circle to appear in the opposite direction of the targeted student.
- Fixed bug that caused the teacher’s podium in the Science Club to float a few inches off the ground.
- Fixed bug that would cause a Spiteful student to join his bullies in performing a group takedown.
- Fixed bug that caused Yandere-chan’s fingernails to be very long in the Befriend/Betray cut-scene.
- Fixed some graphical bugs that would occur underneath railing on the corners of the rooftop.
- Fixed bug that caused Teachers to transform into Phone Addicts after witnessing murder.
- Fixed bug that was preventing students from running to their destinations when late.
- Fixed bug that was causing the chair in Yandere-chan’s basement to lack textures.
- Fixed a few instances of curtains clipping into props throughout the school.
- Fixed bug that was preventing Info-chan’s “Services” menu from displaying.
- Fixed student portraits that had club leader armbands in weird locations.
Changes and Additions
- The player can now use Info-chan’s Services menu to increase their reputation, decrease their rival’s reputation, obtain information about a student, and delay the police when they are en route to school.
- Kokona will now react to Yandere-chan eavesdropping on her private Monday phone call. (This is relevant because Osana’s phone call event uses the same code.)
- Decorated the incinerator area with a few props, since it’s going to receive more focus in the near future. It’s definitely not finished, though.
- There is now an “Eavesdropping” warning at the top of the screen when Yandere-chan is eavesdropping on a private conversation.
- Students will now react negatively if they spot Yandere-chan eavesdropping on another student’s private conversation.
- Aiming a camera at a bully who is bullying a student will now cause the bully to prematurely end the bullying event.
- There is now a DDR-style dance machine somewhere on school grounds. Eventually, I’ll explain its purpose.
- Re-named “Bookworm Persona” to “Scholarly Persona” because “Bookworm” was a very poor choice of words.
- The player can no longer talk to a character who is in the middle of an event.
- From now on, students will investigate screams instead of ignoring them.
- As of now, if all bullies are dead, a student can no longer be bullied.
- Updated the warning text that displays after launching the game.
- The player can now apologize for eavesdropping.
- Added some new props near the shoe locker area.
- Added a few decorations to the Gaming Club.
- Added a new cassette tape to the game. There aren’t any huge plot twists in this tape, but it sets the stage for some future twists.