Hey, remember that time when I said “the Unity 4 build is now a perfect match for the Unity 5 build” ? Well, it turns out that there were actually a few more differences lingering in the game! That’s why I’m here with a new bug-fixing update that will get the conversion closer to 100% completion…or 99.9%, at the very least!
To read a list of everything that is new in the latest build, scroll down past this cute and funny artwork by DancerQuartz!
Fixes, Changes, and Adjustments
- Adjusted the functionality of one of the debug commands (teleporting to the roof) because YouTubers seemed to be expressing confusion whenever they used this debug command and saw undesired side-effects. (Teleporting to the roof also teleported Kokona, Riku, and Midori, for easy testing of other features. From now on, teleporting to the roof will no longer affect other characters after 7:10 AM.)
- The “Additional Information” segment of a student’s profile is now populated by text from the Students.json file. (Players can now modify any student’s Additional Info text more easily.)
- An “Evil” student now has a different subtitle when reacting to the sight of a corpse. (The exact text is not necessarily final, I just wanted to get the functionality in.)
- Fixed bug that would cause the Stand’s “one hit kill” hitbox to become permanently active if Yandere-chan attended class while the Stand easter egg was active.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from using the computers in the computer lab after joining the club and then moving one day forward in the week.
- Fixed bug that would make Kokona strip naked while reporting murder, if she witnessed a murder while her most recent objective was to go take a shower.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to slide around in a bizarre way if the player aimed a camera at their face while they were guarding a corpse.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from putting a little gift box onto Senpai’s desk. (It still doesn’t have any actual functionality yet.)
- Fixed bug that would prevent Kokona from having the correct appearance in the Befriend/Betrayal cutscene in Yandere-chan’s living room.
- Fixed bug that prevented the Ritual Knife from bursting into flames when performing the ritual to summon the Flame Demon.
- Fixed bug that would make Kokona continue emitting “Talking” visual effects while doing her Wednesay bathroom event.
- “Talking” visual effects will no longer emit from a character’s head when they are reacting to murder or a corpse.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to be rotated the wrong way when assisting a suitor from behind a tree.
- Attempted to fix bug that was causing Yandere-chan to get stuck on an invisible wall when walking up stairways.
- Made the “return to main menu” box match the rest of the game’s UI. (This had been bugging me for years…)
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to pickpocket characters while holding an object in their hands.
- Fixed bug that would cause a school uniform to rotate wildly when being modified by a sewing machine.
- Fixed bug that caused Yandere-chan’s martial arts bandana to glow green during Yandere Vision.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the “spawn a trail that leads to class” feature from working.
- Kuu Dere now has a different routine and different text in her Student Info profile.
- Fixed weird-looking highlight box in the Matchmaking minigame.
- Fixed typo in Ryuto’s task description.
Unfortunately, the “teachers slide across the ground like they’re walking on ice” bug still persists. I hope to have this one fixed soon; sorry about that!