Hey, remember that time when I said that the next elimination method would be about Matchmaking? Well, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that I didn’t work on Matchmaking this week, but the good news is that there are now two new ways to kill your rivals! Curiously, both of these methods involve…buckets!
Check out this video to learn more:
Scroll down to read a list of everything that’s new in this build:
- Fixed bug that would cause students to launch into the “Follow” routine in the middle of a conversation with Yandere-chan, instead of waiting until the end of the conversation to follow her.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the “Stop” prompt from appearing above a follower’s head if Yandere-chan asked a student to follow her while other students were still spawning.
- Fixed bug that would make Musume appear bald in the “Just Witnessed Murder” view that appears at the bottom-left-corner of the screen after an NPC witnesses murder.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to dump a plate of sausages into the incinerator, which would cause the police to incorrectly identify it as a knife.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to appear bald during a game over if she was wearing the Ebola hairstyle or Cyborg Ninja hairstyle.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s smartphone to not display a screen when at certain extreme distances from the center of the map.
- Fixed bug that would cause the video camera + tripod to be available in Yandere-chan’s basement outside of the proper circumstances.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to use the sewing machine without accepting Kokona’s request or holding a school uniform.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to dump a corpse off of the rooftop after fences had been erected on the rooftop.
- Fixed bug that would allow Yandere-chan to use the sewing machine on a swimsuit, gym uniform, or bloody clothing.
- Fixed bug that would prevent keyboard users from switch between Yandere-chan’s phone and Kokona’s stolen phone.
- Fixed bug that would cause Musume’s skirt to become longer after she was killed.
- If the player presses the Yandere button (“Ctrl” on keyboard, “RB” on controller) while walking or running while carrying a bucket, Yandere-chan will trip and fall down, sending the bucket flying forward without drawing any suspicion to herself.
- If the player mashes the Confirm button (“E” on keyboard, “A” on controller) after Yandere-chan trips, the “stand up” animation will speed up.
- At this point in time, Kokona is the only character who will react to being splashed with liquid from a bucket.
- After being splashed with liquid, Kokona will now be immobile for 10 seconds instead of 5 seconds.
- Added a new pickup to the game – a “jerry can” full of gasoline.
- It is possible to empty a jerry can into an empty bucket.
- If you spill gasoline onto an NPC, they will become doused in gasoline and react to it.
- Added a new drop for Info-chan – a box of matches.
- When holding a box of matches, it is possible to light a match and flick it into the air in front of you.
- If a lit match strikes an NPC who is wet with gasoline, they will burst into flames.
Heavy Object Elimination
- Added a new weapon to the game – dumbbells.
- Dumbbells are located where the Sports Club gathers.
- If you are not a member of the Sports Club, carrying a dumbbell will be considered suspicious.
- It is possible to load up to 5 dumbbells into a bucket.
- You cannot pick up a bucket that contains a dumbbell unless you have increased your Physical stat at least once (or joined a club that grants you a bonus to your Physical stat).
- It is now possible to eliminate your rival by filling a bucket with 5 dumbbells and dropping it onto your rival’s head from the school rooftop.
Hey, YandereDev! I found a bug!
I’m sorry; I’ll be at E3 all day tomorrow, so I won’t be available to fix bugs until Friday, June 17th at the soonest. Please be patient and wait until then!
Hey, where’s the official website? Where’s the launcher?
The official website is 99% ready! I’m definitely looking forward to rolling it out. But tonight would be a bad time for that, since I wouldn’t be available to fix any bugs with the website until June 17th.
Over the past few months, I’ve been receiving a lot of assets from volunteers. At this point in time, I have quite a large backlog of assets that were delivered months ago, and are still waiting to be implemented into the game. I’d like to spend a couple of weeks whittling down the backlog by implementing some of the assets that have been delivered since 2016 began. Once I’m done with that, then I’ll start implementing Matchmaking.