Surprise! I’m uploading a new build one day earlier than I usually do. But, don’t get too excited – it’s just an interim build. What the heck is an “Interim Build”? Watch this video to find out!
Scroll down to read possibly the longest changelog I’ve ever written!
Fixes and Additions
- As of now, when multiple button prompts are visible onscreen, the game will highlight the one that is closest to the center of the screen, rather than the one that Yandere-chan is standing closest to. (This fixes the “Can’t pick up objects dropped near incinerator” bug.)
- From now on, if a student witnesses a corpse while they are running to the locker room to change their clothing, they will switch their personality to “Loner” and run out of the school, instead of following their normal corpse-reaction routine.
- Previously, when a student was following you, they would run when they were more than 5 meters away from you, and walk if they were less than 5 meters away from you. Now, students will run until they are 2 meters away from you.
- Nearby pickups now have a little icon floating above them, instead of having a button prompt and name above them. The button prompt and the name of the object won’t actually appear until the player gets close enough.
- Fixed bug that would cause the police to locate bloody clothing at school even if no bloody clothing was present, if the player committed murder using two different types of weapons while wearing the same mask.
- Added textures to the castle area in Yanvania. Yes, that’s right, textures! Previously, the whole thing had no textures whatsoever! Everything was using solid colors until today! Check out Yanvania again!
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to drop a plate of food during the middle of a conversation with another student, if Senpai walked by while she was talking.
- When the player looks up a character’s information in the Student Info menu, “Club” will now change to “Occupation” when displaying the information of an adult.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to pause the game and move the camera around in unintended ways if the player paused while dismembering a corpse.
- Now, if the player kidnaps the week’s current rival, reduces her sanity to 0%, brings her to school, and hands her a weapon, she will commit suicide.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s body to tilt at a 45-degree angle if the player paused the game while preparing food in the Cooking Club.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan’s hands to twist in an unpleasant way during Ice Fairy Mode if her sanity was lowered.
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause male students to get “stuck” on other male students while walking to their lockers.
- Updated Yandere-chan’s character model to use her trademark black stockings at the character customization screen.
- Fixed bug that was resulting in students walking through a closed gate like a T-1000.
- Removed the ability to enter a changing booth while naked (it was causing bugs).
- Senpai’s reaction to witnessing Yandere-chan taking panty shots is now voiced.
- Added a new character, a PE teacher who hangs out near the school entrance.
- Fixed a visual bug with Yandere-chan’s right eye at the title screen.
- Added a hiding spot on the third floor outside of the computer room.
- Edited the text that appears when the player levels up in Biology.
- Added some decorations near the locker room area.
- Added a new school uniform and hairstyle for Yandere-chan; the uniform and hair were designed almost 24 months ago.
- Began to implement “Schemes” – this will be explained in a future video.
You shouldn’t have to ask what’s next! I spelled it out for you at the very beginning of the video! There is a lot for me to discuss, so I’ll be making three videos in the coming 2 weeks – one about obstacles facing development, one about potential game design changes, and one that clarifies my intentions regarding clubs. It’s very uncommon for me to produce so many videos within such a short span of time, since I would always rather write code than produce videos, but I’m going to make an exception this month.
By the way, please don’t forget about this.