3/16 Edit: Please read this.
I’m sorry that it took so long for this build to become available! I discovered a critical bug, and had to postpone the build until it could be fixed. But now it’s ready!
In a previous video, I introduced the concept of clubs, and described the process of joining clubs and quitting clubs. In the latest build, all club benefits are now functional. In this video, I describe all of the different benefits that are granted to the player by the game’s various clubs.
Scroll down for a formal list of all club benefits and also a list of bug-fixes and additions in the latest build.
- If the player joins the Cooking Club, they gain the ability to make snacks and feed them to students in order to gain a reputation boost.
- If the player joins the Drama Club, they gain access to silk gloves that will keep their fingerprints off of murder weapons and masks that will hide their identity.
- If the player joins the Occult Club, it will take longer for students to become alarmed when Yandere-chan is armed, bloody, or insane, and her Sanity will drop far less when committing murder, enabling longer kill streaks. (Killing animations are currently not sanity-specific, but one day, they will be).
- If the player joins the Art Club, they gain access to a painter’s smock that will prevent the player from looking suspicious when splattered with blood.
- If the player joins the Light Music Club, they gain access to a cello case that will allow them to transport 6 dismembered body parts and a large weapon discretely.
- If the player joins the Martial Arts Club, they will automatically win all physical confrontations against students.
- If the player joins the Photography Club, they will gain extra functionality for their camera and will not be considered suspicious when photographing students’ faces.
- If the player joins the Science Club, they will gain access to a tiny robot that will clean up pools of blood and bloody footprints.
- If the player joins the Sports Club, they will run faster and will not be considered suspicious when carrying sports equipment.
- If the player joins the Gardening Club, they will not be considered suspicious when carrying gardening tools.
On that note:
- Joining any club will now cause a club-related accessory to appear on Yandere-chan’s head or neck.
- Club members now stop wearing club-related accessories (choker, bandana) when the club closes.
Bug Fixes and Additions
- Replaced two copyrighted tracks with music by The Kira Justice!
- If a real-life band lets me use their tracks in Yandere Simulator, a little “Now Playing” box will appear in the bottom-right corner of the screen when their track starts playing.
- Attempted to fix the bug that would cause Kokona to speak after being killed if she was killed during an event.
- Modified the appearance of the delinquent girls to make them less derivative of previously-existing characters.
- Changed the color of the shadow that falls over Yandere-chan’s face as she loses sanity.
- It is now impossible for blood pools or bloody footprints to appear on staircases.
- Students will now react to the sight of Yandere-chan carrying the Ritual Knife.
- Added two new weapons to the game: the baseball bat and the shovel.
- Added seven new hairstyles for Yandere-chan! These hairstyles were created by the extremely talented Druelbozo!
- The “painter’s smock” character model was added to the game thanks to help from Saracen!
Now that clubs are fully functional (barring any future additions or adjustments) I’m ready to return to my previous task: implementing all rival elimination methods. I’ll aim to implement at least two new ways to eliminate your rivals in the next build!
Thanks for following the development of Yandere Simulator!
371 thoughts on “Club Benefits in Yandere Simulator”
Yandere Dev is so awesome and talented it’s so interesting to see the things he comes up with I can’t stop playing the game xD when it comes out I don’t care if it even costs 100 dollars I’m getting it ❤️ But one question has been bugging me… All of you Yandere fans I hope you can answer me but do you think WIGS AND CONTACT LENSES will be added to the Drama club? I think it would be so awesome to disguise yourself as your rival especially when you’re doing something suspicious. I would imagine maybe in the games devlopement there will be security cameras in the halls like the one on the 3rd floor next to Info-Chans “Lair”. It would be another rather devious way to get rid of your Rivals.
Damn, man. I really loved their hair colours! they were awesome! now they’re just… well… bleak.. pale… uninteresting.
Another benefit to being part of the science club could be that you have an excuse for holding dismembered body parts (not like students wouldn’t freak out if they see you but you can easily explain away the part by saying its a model and you were using it to study human anatomy for ‘inspiration’ (nobody would buy this excuse when the atmosphere has bad mood)).
Maybe later on the photography club would allow you to ask students to meet you in specific locations so you could ‘take a picture of them’
It would be super cool if the sewing club was also joinable and allowed you access to clean school uniforms and the ability to participate in club activities that could make handmade gifts for students (like teddy bears or a voodoo doll (for Oka-chan)) that would provide a slightly better boost in the matchmaking elimination method (like +2 instead of +1 so if the guy has all the right traits and gives a homemade gift that will increase +10 making matchmaking go by faster)
Maybe the gardening club could allow access to watering cans, hoses and sprinklers? (unlike the bucket method hoses and sprinklers could send several students to the locker rooms clearing the halls slightly to make a tough target easier to isolate) (To balance the game hoses and sprinklers should only really be available once and in a specific location like near the school entrance where it kinda makes sense to have an outdoor tap, and there could be a funny reason as to why yandere-chan isn’t allowed near one ever again)
The Photography Club doesn’t actually like photography, so the minigame should instead be having to take a picture of a random person doing something embarrassing. There will be a list of all embarrassing actions a character can do. Friday, you will share the picture with the club and you will all gossip about the other students. It’ll be a way to fit the club theme but also the members’ interests. As the atmosphere gets darker, it’ll change from embarrassing to suspicious acts. Gathering discriminating pictures could be a good way for Yandere Chan to accuse someone of murder if that ever becomes an elimination method.
The Gardening Club, you plant flowers and other plants for the cooking club. Growing beautiful and tasteful plants will increase your popularity, it’ll make people think you are gentle and kind and will make people less alert around you. Of course, plants grow best with good nutrition… what better way to plant them than right over a body? The minigame would consist of keeping away insects by quickly pressing buttons like in the martial arts minigame.
(Fire Tigers great suggestion; protecting plants from weeds by shooting them with weed killer.)
The Drama Club would be a multiple choice game. You’re paired up with a group member and based on what they say, you’ll pick an expression that fits their line. Example; “I can’t believe you’re leaving me”.
Choices could be, be sad, be confused, be furious. The answer would be sad and so on. It would help you hide your true identity and make you become a better liar.
The Occult Club, it would be fun to have to find things over the week and bring them as offerings. On Friday, everyone puts their findings in the middle and starts the ritual. The advantage would be a highlighting option of useful items nearby. Like now you can see where your rival is, with the occult club advantage you would also be able to see weapons and other useful items.
(Fire Tigers great suggestion; a decipher game where Yan-Chan has the find codes from a book and put them in a sentence that would summon a ghost)
The Cooking Club minigame sounds fun the way Kubz Scouts described it. When the player is finished, everyone takes their food to the teachers’ office and gives it to them. It would be great for keeping a good reputation and getting more second-chances in classes. It could be you could cheat on a test once in a while if you really were to give them good food.
The Martial Arts club should be filled with various self-defense techniques, more like the one already there. It should just be the same with pressing buttons.
The Art Club minigame should be connecting dots by pressing multiple keys at the same time. I can’t think of an advantage it could give you tho, sorry.
The Track Team sounds good the way Kubz Scouts described it, just having to smash your keyboard to gain stamina and stealth.
The Gaming Club dance machine should definitely be the minigame. It would give you better reflexes and make you a quicker thinker.
The Science Club everything Kubz Scouts said was just awesome, wouldn’t change a thing!