3/16 Edit: Please read this.
I’m sorry that it took so long for this build to become available! I discovered a critical bug, and had to postpone the build until it could be fixed. But now it’s ready!
In a previous video, I introduced the concept of clubs, and described the process of joining clubs and quitting clubs. In the latest build, all club benefits are now functional. In this video, I describe all of the different benefits that are granted to the player by the game’s various clubs.
Scroll down for a formal list of all club benefits and also a list of bug-fixes and additions in the latest build.
- If the player joins the Cooking Club, they gain the ability to make snacks and feed them to students in order to gain a reputation boost.
- If the player joins the Drama Club, they gain access to silk gloves that will keep their fingerprints off of murder weapons and masks that will hide their identity.
- If the player joins the Occult Club, it will take longer for students to become alarmed when Yandere-chan is armed, bloody, or insane, and her Sanity will drop far less when committing murder, enabling longer kill streaks. (Killing animations are currently not sanity-specific, but one day, they will be).
- If the player joins the Art Club, they gain access to a painter’s smock that will prevent the player from looking suspicious when splattered with blood.
- If the player joins the Light Music Club, they gain access to a cello case that will allow them to transport 6 dismembered body parts and a large weapon discretely.
- If the player joins the Martial Arts Club, they will automatically win all physical confrontations against students.
- If the player joins the Photography Club, they will gain extra functionality for their camera and will not be considered suspicious when photographing students’ faces.
- If the player joins the Science Club, they will gain access to a tiny robot that will clean up pools of blood and bloody footprints.
- If the player joins the Sports Club, they will run faster and will not be considered suspicious when carrying sports equipment.
- If the player joins the Gardening Club, they will not be considered suspicious when carrying gardening tools.
On that note:
- Joining any club will now cause a club-related accessory to appear on Yandere-chan’s head or neck.
- Club members now stop wearing club-related accessories (choker, bandana) when the club closes.
Bug Fixes and Additions
- Replaced two copyrighted tracks with music by The Kira Justice!
- If a real-life band lets me use their tracks in Yandere Simulator, a little “Now Playing” box will appear in the bottom-right corner of the screen when their track starts playing.
- Attempted to fix the bug that would cause Kokona to speak after being killed if she was killed during an event.
- Modified the appearance of the delinquent girls to make them less derivative of previously-existing characters.
- Changed the color of the shadow that falls over Yandere-chan’s face as she loses sanity.
- It is now impossible for blood pools or bloody footprints to appear on staircases.
- Students will now react to the sight of Yandere-chan carrying the Ritual Knife.
- Added two new weapons to the game: the baseball bat and the shovel.
- Added seven new hairstyles for Yandere-chan! These hairstyles were created by the extremely talented Druelbozo!
- The “painter’s smock” character model was added to the game thanks to help from Saracen!
Now that clubs are fully functional (barring any future additions or adjustments) I’m ready to return to my previous task: implementing all rival elimination methods. I’ll aim to implement at least two new ways to eliminate your rivals in the next build!
Thanks for following the development of Yandere Simulator!