I was informed about some unfortunate bugs, so I’ve uploaded a new build where those issues have been resolved.
To read a list of everything that was fixed in the latest build, scroll down past this absolutely beautiful artwork of Ayano by Fuyutani!
- When I switched over to a new computer, I forgot to transfer my Unity license to the new machine, so Unity assumed I was a free user and forced the user to view a “Made With Unity” splash screen when launching the game. I finally got around to transferring my license, so from now on, you won’t see that screen anymore. (It didn’t bother me, but apparently, it was a really big deal to some people, who asked me about it all the time.)
- If the player framed a student for murder, then was arrested because of smartphone evidence at the end of the End-of-Day police investigation sequence, the player would get a game over, but the game would still consider the framed student to be arrested on subsequent days. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to picked up a body part wrapped inside of a garbage bag, but only if the player took a photograph immediately before wrapping the body part in a garbage bag. (One of the weirdest bugs anyone has ever reported…)
- Fixed bug that would cause “shrugging cops” to appear onscreen at the same time as Ayano during the “police find a smartphone with photographic evidence of Ayano committing a crime.” segment of the End of Day sequence.
- Fixed bug that prevented a student from recognizing that their phone had been stolen if the player stole their phone and then quickly attended class before the student could realize that their phone was gone.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from acknowledging that a rival had been eliminated using the bullying method, if the final blow to her reputation was dealt with a newspaper article and not with gossip.
- Fixed bug that would make the game freeze on a black screen if the player reported vandalism to the guidance counselor on Thursday and then tried to leave school and go home.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from being able to quit a club if the player was wearing a weapon bag on their back at the time that they attempted to quit the club.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from accurately remembering whether or not the player had picked up the Life Note manga book collectibles.
- Fixed bug that caused certain characters to spawn in weird locations at the beginning of the Alphabet Killer Challenge.
- Fixed bug that caused the drummer in 1980s Mode to get stuck on her drum set and never actually make to class.
- Fixed bug that caused a dismembered corpse to spawn 30 blood pools instead of the intended 5 blood pools.
- Fixed bug that made Raibaru stand in weird locations while Osana was searching for her missing phone.
- Fixed bug that made it possible to fall out of the map using the Heartbreaker robot easter egg.
- Fixed bug that made the protagonist’s panties disappear upon removing a raincoat.
- Fixed bug that prevented Osana from waking up from her poolside nap on Thursday.