There was one critical bug in the previous build, so I wanted to roll out a new build as soon as possible. To justify a new build, I updated a few cosmetic things and fixed a few other bugs.
To read a list of everything that is new/different in the latest build, please scroll down past this absolutely gorgeous artwork by Tiribrush!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- Changed some of the Photography Club’s poses in their student portraits (but I will probably continue to tweak Rojasu and Sukubi’s poses and expressions, since I’m not satisfied with them yet).
- Removed debug commands from the Welcome scene (the first scene that displays when you launch the game) because some people were activating those commands by accident and getting confused.
- Updated Senpai’s “reacting to creepy behavior from Yandere-chan” game over animation so he doesn’t step so far backwards, to prevent him from clipping into any props or walls behind him.
- Heroic students will now sprint to the source of a scream as soon as they hear one, instead of pausing for several seconds and then walking slowly to the source of the scream.
- Updated the Photography Club’s textures to give them color schemes that are less derivative of pre-existing characters with similar hairstyles.
- Added buildings in the distance outside of the school to represent the small town that is supposed to be outside of Akademi High.
- Updated the colliders of the school’s stairways so that it doesn’t feel like there are invisible walls near the stairways.
- Fixed bug that prevented Beruma’s student portrait from accurately reflecting her actual face texture.
- Fixed bug that caused male students to freeze in place when aiming a camera at them.
- Adjusted the size of Beruma’s glasses.
I’m going to work on a video to communicate some information that I think is very, very important for the Yandere Simulator fanbase to hear. I’m hoping to have this video completed within 3 days.