Happy New Year, everyone!
As of now, the deadline for the 2017 art contests has passed. I was considering extending the deadline past Jan 1st, because I wasn’t sure if there would be many submissions…but in the end, there were over 470 entries for the Student Council contest and over 190 entries for the Easter Egg contest! There was definitely no shortage of submissions, so I won’t need to extend the deadline. The contest is over, and the winners will be announced soon!
EDIT: In the blog post about the Art Contest, I said “January 1st is the final day that you’re allowed to submit entries. I cannot accept any submissions past January 1st.” Because of this, I suppose that the real deadline is actually Jan 2nd. If you’re reading this on Jan 1st, you still have some time to get in your entry!
EDIT 2: If you were working on an entry that was really close to completion when we hit the deadline, you’re welcome to finish it and send it in; it’ll be considered a valid entry for the contest. Just don’t begin illustrating any new entries at this point!
Numerous bugs were discovered and fixed between the last build and today, so I’ve decided to upload a new build with tons of fixes, and a handful of minor additions. But first, I’ll share a bit of artwork with you!
At the end of 2016, YorieOfTheCastle created a fantastic illustration of Yandere-kun for New Year’s! Unfortunately, I forgot to share the image in my January 1st 2017 blog post…but since it’s the start of a new year today, I finally have a good excuse to shine a spotlight on this artwork!
I wonder what he’s drinking. Is it wine, or…another red liquid?
Click “Continue reading” to see a list of everything that is new or different in the latest build!
Fixes, Changes, and Additions
- In the previous build, a student who was reporting a corpse to a teacher would lead the teacher to the wrong location at school if the student witnessed the corpse while standing on stairs. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause the wrong textures to appear on Musume / Oka if they were imprisoned in Yandere-chan’s basement while wearing any uniform other than the default uniform.
- Fixed bug that would cause the police to always find Kokona’s blood on a weapon used by a mind-broken slave, even if Kokona wasn’t the one who was murdered with the weapon.
- Fixed bug that would cause Yandere-chan to break a student council member’s “shove” or “pepper spray” animation if she was laughing at the time she was pepper-sprayed.
- Fixed bug that caused police to locate corpses at school even if all corpses had been incinerated, if they were called to school to investigate a potential suicide.
- Adjusted “pushing Kokona off roof” animation so that Kokona does not slow down in midair while falling, and doesn’t have a strange facial expression after dying.
- Added hedges near the entrance of the school to fix bug that would result in Yandere-chan being blamed for a mindbroken slave’s suicide.
- Fixed bug that would cause glitchy behavior from Kokona if the player arranged a meeting with her and then passed time by going to class.
- Fixed bug that would cause a character to slide across the ground if hearing loud laughter while investigating the sound of a giggle.
- Fixed bug that caused teachers to ignore the presence of bloodstains at school if they discovered shoes on the school rooftop.
- Fixed bug that would cause the weight’s physics to behave strangely if Yandere-chan picked it up under certain circumstances.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to see something hidden in Yandere-chan’s room that wasn’t meant to be seen.
- Fixed bug that prevented outlines from appearing properly around student council members in Yandere Vision.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to try and sit in the student council’s seats in High Population Mode.
- Once again attempted to fix that bug that causes Student Council students to be kidnappable.
- Fixed bug that would cause student council members to react to murder by saying “Hmm…”
- Each student council member now says a unique line of text when discovering a corpse.
- Added a new accessory for Yandere-chan. Press the spacebar to change its color.
- Added numerous new hairstyles for Yandere-chan.
- Added a poetic easter egg in the Meme Closet.
I’m sorry; there won’t be a new video today. I don’t want to create a new video until after I’ve added the next big feature into the game. I’ve made some progress, but the feature isn’t quite ready just yet. Please be patient while I finish putting it into the game!
Thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!