Hey, remember when I said there wouldn’t be a build on the 15th? Haha, well…
Some annoying bugs were reported, so I decided to fix them all and upload a new build. To read a list of everything that was changed or fixed in the latest build, scroll down past this gorgeous artwork by AlaKZM4, depicting Ayano in the art style of Persona 5!
By the way, if you click Continue Reading, you’ll see a similar illustration of Osana!
Improvements and Changes
- I began investigating the possibility of implementing a primitive form of “automatic lip sync” for events where two characters are talking to one another. As an experiment, I’ve implemented this auto-lip-sync for only one type of event; Osana’s daily “speak with Raibaru before walking into school” events. During those events, you are now able to see Osana and Raibaru’s lips moving in sync with their words. (It’s easier to notice if you disable depth-of-field and then use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in.) If this is judged to be a big improvement, then I’ll also incorporate it into other events that lack lip sync, as well. It wasn’t too hard to get it working. And, another piece of good news – the method I’m using will be fully compatible with the upcoming new character models, as well!
- If a player was splattered with blood / insane and charged directly into a student council member, the student council member would push the player away and then completely ignore the blood/insanity. This was illogical, so from now on, student council members will actually react to you when you charge into them while splattered with blood / insane.
- When playing the game with mouse+keyboard, it is now possible to adjust your “throw trajectory” using your scroll wheel. (Previously, it was accomplished by moving the mouse up and down, which didn’t feel right.)
- It is no longer possible to use the Dance Machine when an event is occurring at school, because unloading/reloading all students at school while in the middle of an event would create bugs in all events.
- When playing a “Multi Mission” in Mission Mode, all of your targets will now have red outlines in Yandere Vision.
- You know that bug where if you were holding a bloody weapon in your hand and held the weapon close to another object, the other object would temporarily get a bloody texture? That bug has been in the game for years, but I finally figured out the solution and fixed it. You may now hold a parade in my honor.
- If Senpai, a student council member, or a teacher became alarmed while the protagonist was in the new “aiming/throwing” state, the game’s camera stopped functioning properly. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause Raibaru to permanently stand in place if she was surprised / alarmed by anything during Osana’s “talk to friend before changing shoes” event at the start of the day.
- Removed exploit that would allow the player to run around while being chased by a student council member if the player was in the “sneak panty shot” state when the chase was initiated.
- If the player was in the aiming state and then dropped the object they were about to throw, they would remain in the aiming state. This bug has been fixed.
- If the protagonist alarmed a student while trying to pickpocket them, the student would not turn to face the protagonist. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause Otohiko to come to school early if Ayano participated in the Light Music Club rhythm minigame before 7:55 AM.
- Fixed bug that would cause giggles to break the behavior of students during tutorials that weren’t meant to involve giggling.
- If a memorial for a dead student took place, the game would teleport Senpai to the plaza. This was a bug; it has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would put the box of stink bombs into the wrong hand when the player was preparing to throw a stink bomb.
- It was never meant to be possible to crouch while aiming, so the ability to do so has been removed.
- Fixed a typo in Reiichi’s subtitle for breaking up a fight between the player and a delinquent.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the dance machine in the Gaming Club from working.
By the way, I wanted to share a silly video:
I hope you had a Happy Valentine’s Day yesterday!
18 thoughts on “February 15th Bug-Fixing Build”
Thank you so much for all the bug-fixes YanDev. I also really like the new automatic lip sync. Nice job!
thanks for the new build,Yandere dev! 🙂
YanDev? I have an idea if you changed the leader of the school newspaper can you change the leader of the garden club to Aisha Aiven? former club member in 202X
No uekiya is better sorry she has voice lines already so it wouldn’t make sense for her to be removed
I think he/she was talking about the 80s mode, change the gardening club leader of the Ryoba timeline
The lip sync idea is really cool and would make the characters seem more alive, I think. Also, in 1980’s mode, the newspaper club members have the 202X animation when typing on the typewriters, so there’s a non-existent mouse they use every few seconds. Just something I noticed and haven’t seen someone mention yet, so I thought I’d point it out.
I know…I don’t have a “type on typewriters” animation. I’ll request one, but there is no guarantee when it’ll be ready.
I forgot to comment on this last build, but the new aiming feature is amazing. I never interacted with stink bombs or especially bang snaps because they needed to be more consistent, and the aiming was too tedious. It just wasn’t worth it. With this, however, I almost always have bang snaps in my bag and REALLY enjoy being covered in blood, transporting a body or something along the sort, and pausing to throw a bang snap to make a student look the other way and sneaking past them like a classic stealth game, instead of just running and hoping for the best (or in the case of transporting a body just not doing anything). With such a different utility, this has made the game so much more fun
I’m really happy to hear that!!
Thank you so much for all your hard work! I’m so happy the blood splatter bug is finally gone lol
Also the lip sync is amazing! It really improves the characters n makes them seem more fleshed out rather then flat
OMG! My two favorite things, CupcakKe and Yandere Simulator…
Hey yandev! I have some fan art to show you! Originally l want to send them to your email, but you said that you hate stupid emails….so l decided to show you here!
Click the links below ฅ ̳͒•ˑ̫• ̳͒ฅ♡
I hope you will like it !
Whoa, those are super cute!! Super adorable!! Thanks for sharing!!
Ty for the hard work you’ve put into this game, it turned out amazing, even tho its not finished- And the special video just.. made my wig come off 😀
Just one thing
You Never See It Coming🎶
Hi when Osana cleans the floor she uses her hands to clean the floor. I noticed this and found it pretty funny was this at all intentional?
omg tyyy yandere dev for updating the game and putting a lot of efford of working really hard into the game :D!
Aw, thanks for saying so…