Hello! New build. Mostly bug fixes. There are still some issues I’m aware of that I haven’t fixed yet. I’ll try to get them out of the way as soon as possible so that I can get back to going down my “Pre-Crowdfunding Campaign Checklist.” I wish I had something more exciting or interesting to tell you about, but that’s basically where we’re at right now.
To see a list of everything that was changed in the latest build, scroll down past this hilarious artwork of Etsuji drawn by bramblie:
Ahh!! It’s so hilarious!! She understands him perfectly!!
You can find similar character sketches on bramblie’s blog: https://bramblie.tumblr.com/post/699469934440464384/random-character-sketches I hope she draws a lot more!
Changes and Improvements
- If the player gets blood (or red paint) on club clothing, and then washes the blood off with a washing machine, the player can now change back into the clean club clothing while inside of the shower building. (The player must be wearing a towel to change into the clean clothing.)
- For some reason, all Science Club members ended their clubroom duties and went to class at different times, instead of all at once. I think this was an accident. So, I’ve adjusted their routines; they now all depart for class simultaneously.
- It didn’t really make sense to allow the player to put a student’s lost phone onto their desk while the student was searching for their phone at their desk (or while in full view of witnesses) so the player is now disallowed from doing so.
- It didn’t really make sense to allow the player to attend class while wearing a swimsuit, so from now on, the player is now disallowed from doing so.
- It didn’t really make sense to allow the player to attend class while wearing a raincoat, so from now on, the player is now disallowed from doing so.
- The Basu Sisters tell each other everything, so from now on, if one of them sees you commit murder, both of them will hold a grudge against you.
- It didn’t really make sense to allow the player to attend class while wearing a mask, so from now on, the player is now disallowed from doing so.
- It is no longer suspicious for the player to carry a bloody painter’s smock, because it’s expected to see splashes of color on a painter’s smock.
- After classes end, the “REP WILL UPDATE AFTER CLASS” label now changes to “REP WILL UPDATE AFTER SCHOOL.”
- Students no longer try to attend Amai’s bake sale while class is in session, or during cleaning time.
- Finally replaced the super-ugly stools in the shower building with far superior ones.
- If a phone addict takes a photo of you committing murder, she will post it on social media – which will result in your arrest – and run out of school. If the player is wearing a mask when they are photographed, the photo will not result in the player’s arrest. However, there was a bug that would cause the player to recieve an instant game over as soon as the phone addict left school, even if the player was wearing a mask when they were photographed. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player got kicked out of a club, the game would immediately save the player’s club status to their save file, instead of waiting until the end of the day. This means that if the player reset the day, the game would consider them to have already been kicked out of their club, even though it hadn’t actually happened yet. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player poisoned a student’s food and that student witnessed it, the student would state that they were going to refuse to eat the food. However, when the player attended class, the game would state that a student died of poison at lunchtime. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player put sedative into a rival’s bento and then skipped lunchtime by going to class, the rival would never actually go sleep in the infirmary; instead she would enter the “cleaning” state and remain stuck in it forever. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player splashed a male student with water, made him change into a gym uniform, saved the game, and then loaded the game, that student’s face would appear solid black upon loading. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause a suitor to stand in the wrong spot if the player arranged a meeting with him using a locker note, and he was in the “walk towards rival” state when the appointed meeting time occured.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the game from accurately remembering the number of corpses present at school if the player loaded save that was made while a corpse was inside of the incinerator (but not burning).
- There was a bug that would allow the player to set up a tripwire trap that floated in midair if the player set a water cooler on top of an object like a cardboard box or table. This bug has been fixed.
- Students with the “Coward Persona” are not supposed to call the police when they run out of school, but due to the bug, they were calling the cops as soon as they left. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to permanently believe that a corpse was present at school if the player concealed a corpse in a garbage bag and then disposed of it using the woodchipper.
- Fixed bug that would cause the player to automatically get kicked out of their club when skipping from Saturday to Monday, even if they had attended club activities on the previous week.
- If the player distracted a nurse while she was retrieving medicine for a student with a headache, the nurse would forget about the student as soon as she forgot about the distraction.
- Fixed bug that would cause Umeji (the delinquent leader) to refuse to let the player join the delinquent gang if the player had been kicked out of a different club earlier that day.
- Due to a bug, the “If you have a high reputation at school, you won’t lose as much reputation when caught misbehaving” feature wasn’t working properly. This bug has now been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from being able to pick up any keys that were dropped by a student if that student died while standing in the gardening club’s carrot area.
- Fixed bug that made it impossible to talk with two characters after they had an “ambient conversation” (like the Basu sister conversations or the two science boy conversations).
- Fixed bug that would cause a flower vase to appear on top of a dead teacher’s desk on the day of their memorial (even though another teacher was already sitting at that desk).
- Fixed bug that would prevent the player from being able to talk to a student for the rest of the school day if the player attended class while that student was following them.
- Fixed bug that would cause the protagonist to be invisible during the end-of-day sequence if the player had ended the day by performing the Occult Club’s club activity.
- Fixed bug that would cause the Basu Sisters to repeat the “Ayano is a murderer” conversation every day, instead of discussing it only once, like they were supposed to.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to automatically turn on the “Bloom” feature after a school memorial ended, even if the player had disabled bloom in the settings.
- Fixed bug that would make Ayano spin and face the direction of the Stalker if she exited the Stalker’s house after having defeated the Stalker in a physical struggle.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to grant the player 10 bonus study points for skipping Sunday on the Calendar screen, even though there is no school on that day.
- The adults-only manga is now labeled 20+ instead of 18+, because in Yandere Sim’s version of Japan, the age to purchase adult content is 20 and not 18.
- Fixed bug that caused weird shadows to appear on the protagonist’s club clothing if she changed into the clothing while her sanity was low.
- Fixed bug that would cause low-sanity effects to appear at home if the player used the “Reset day at home” feature while sanity was low.
- Fixed bug that would make a Light Music Club student’s instrument float in midair while they were being attacked by a mind-broken slave.
- Fixed bug that would cause Nemesis to have a tanned upper body but a pale lower body if she was disguised as one of the bullies.
- A bug was causing red stripes to appear on the 4th school uniform, but only in the protagonist’s home. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player gave two students a headache on the same day, the nurse wouldn’t help the 2nd student. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to wash red paint off of gloves or a raincoat using the washing machine.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player’s rep from updating if the player ended the day by performing a club activity.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the nurse’s face from darkening when the player’s sanity dropped to certain levels.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to dip a mop into a bucket of brown paint in order to make the mop clean.
- Fixed bug that made the Drakeslayer sword play the incorrect sound effect when striking a student.
- Fixed bug that would cause the 9th rival of 1980s Mode to attend class while wearing a swimsuit.
- Fixed bug that would cause Senpai to have no reaction to the sight of theft.
Oh, and please check out this year’s Spooktacular if you haven’t already seen it. I worked really hard on the minigame for this year!
45 thoughts on “November 1st Bug-Fixing Build”
wow… that’s a lot! thanks for all these bug fixes! I can really feel how much you care for this game every time a new build comes out.
Tbh, I likes it when the science club members went to class at different times – it made the game slightly more alive imo
I agree! it meant I would have to be super careful when disposing of a corpse without a trash bag
The nurse doesn’t follow you in cyborg mode, I can’t kidnap her
Thats a debug command, we don’t report bugs for those. They arent as important as the main game so Yandere dev doesn’t want to waste his time fixing these bugs than getting the rivals models and stuff ready
And the teachers?
I have a thing to say wouldn’t it make more sense if you pour gasoline on a student (I guess a teacher idk if you could do that to them)
Instead of them running to the regular shower they run to the chemistry shower, cause in my freshmen they say that a student must Use an emergency shower, who has immediately if your skin is exposed to a hazardous chemical. And Gasoline is a listed hazardous material in the table found at 49 CFR 172.101.
It’s really cool to come back and see so much progress on this game! I played this in high school way back in 2015, not long after it released! I stopped playing after graduating and something in an anime I was watching reminded me of this game so I came to check it out. Way to go, YandereDev!!
Great, I wonder what other Bugs will be fixed soon.
Hnd hlding? The lewdest of lewds . . . .
Um… Wasn’t adult manga previously rated 20+?
It used to be 18+. now it’s 20+.
No, it was like that until November 1!
question, how do i update my game? im new here lol, thanks in advanced
Hey yanderedev! I found this cool concept video and thought you might wanna take a peek at it!
I understand the concept, but it’s not part of my vision for the game.
Нож должен был окровавленным стать ну да ладно.
Hello, can you please Change Kizana Sunobu to Kizana Shinobu? and Japanese Curriculum is not like Western Curriculum Japanese School is opened to Monday to Saturday, Sunday is Holiday while Western used Saturday and unday to Holiday. Please YandereDev, Thank you.
Sorry Curriculum = School.
Public schools in Japan have classes five days a week, from Monday to Friday yet there are also schools that have classes on Saturday like in some districts, however, it is generally uncommon.
Daku Atsu’s glasses is bugged.
Can you maybe add Demon slayer or something related to Demon Slayer as a Easter Egg? (If you have watch the Anime)
I’ve never seen it. I only make easter eggs of things I enjoy.
in ryoba mode why in female delinquents do you not use the audios from when there were still female delinquents in ayano mode?
The original voice lines from 2015 are not enough. The delinquents need to be able to say the dozens of lines that were added after 2015.
When will the game be finished
I made an entire video just to answer that question:
I still think it’s weird that kidnapped students wear rag clothes when they’re in Ayano’s basement, like Ayano changed their clothes?? And if the answer is yes, for what purpose?
To make it easier to clean them.
You should make them wear a bag of potatoes.
Hey yandere dev can you add ryoba’s hair to pose mod.
Hey, there is a bug that has been really bothering me for a long time now. I killed someone in front of a group of heroic students, meaning that every one will battle me to death. There’s a point where two students will catch me at the same time but only one will fight me, when I killed them, the ghost of whoever ran away will arrest me. Not only that, in the past, that bug sometimes “fixes” when I fight another heroic. Not this case. Even when fighting another heroic, the ghost of the runaway will fight me and arrest me, that is so infuriating when you’re doing a killing spree. Can it get fixed?
The dumbells and pipewrench become invisible when inserted in bookbags.
will there be an option to play as Ayato Aishi?
Depends on the outcome of the crowdfunding campaign.
The pipewrench and dumbell turn invisible when inserted into weapon bags.
People who can fight back against ayano (basu sisters, himari, kokona,Saki riku etc..) should have very weak self defense instead of Incapable. This makes it easier for new players to understand that they shouldn’t mess with them.
Woops forget about the dumbell and pipewrench bug.
Hey yandere dev do you ever consider adding yandere simulator on consoles.
he says it depends on his money funds.
I think he already talked about this before. you should check his ‘about’ page on the Yan sim blog
Hey YandereDev I have a question when you go to school in Thursday and bring mindslave to school that day where Osana talks about her nightmare, where does the mind slave go?
hello YandereDev, well I want to make a request to you, when ayano or ryoba fights with a delinquent in front of the teachers, they will stop you, I know that this function is intentional but I would like them to be like the ones from the student council, which only stop the fight, now It seems unfair to me that it just harms only the player.