Ooooops! There were a handful of pretty annoying bugs in the last build, and a lot of players let me know about them. Here’s an update that fixes the issues that many players had with the previous build.
It’s a fairly sizable update, though – 25 improvements and 49 bug fixes in total! To read the full list, scroll down past this cake that was tweeted by Dianavaleriafu2!
Changes and Improvements
- If one of the sparring martial artists was not present in the martial arts club, the other one would just stand there forever, and the martial artists would never move from one location to another. From now on, if there is only one sparring martial artist present, that character will perform a “kick demonstration” for the benefit of the other members while waiting for their partner to arrive, and the martial artists will periodically change the location where the demonstration is occurring.
- The layout of the school was actually not perfectly symmetrical, because some of the closet doors were aligned “left” instead of “right”. This actually did have an effect on gameplay (it meant that the light music club members practicing in the hallways would notice you inside of some closets but not other closets) so I’ve decided to reposition those closet doors.
- A student should reject any gossip about a close friend or family member. So, from now on, Sakyu Basu and Inkyu Basu will reject your gossip if you try to gossip about her sister, and Osana/Raibaru will reject your gossip if you try to gossip about either of them to the other. The list of “special case gossip rejection” may expand in the future.
- The “Phone Jammer” in the Alphabet Killer Challenge will now jam landline phone calls in 1980s Mode. (I know that this isn’t how phone jammers actually work, but it’s meant to be a difficulty setting for the ABC Challenge, not meant to be something that functions 100% realistically.)
- From now on, during the guidance counselor scene, if you are playing with mouse+keyboard instead of controller, you will be able to use the WASD or arrow keys to control the little target icon that is used to select your dialogue choice, instead of being required to use the mouse.
- Sonoko will no longer shove the player if the player has solved her “Evil Photographer” problem. (However, she will still shove the player if the player has performed a Task for her. She doesn’t trust Ryoba even after the Task is completed.)
- Previously, if a rival was expelled from school, her bookbag would remain on her desk, as if she wasn’t even allowed to grab her things before being kicked out of school. From now on, her bookbag will disappear as soon as she is expelled.
- From now on, Otohiko will run to school in the center of the walkway that leads up to the school gate, instead off of to the side, so that he will no longer slide all the way over to the center of the school gate when he trips.
- The boys who follow Chigusa (the 9th 1980s Mode rival) will now stop following her when she is obviously having a private conversation, since they wouldn’t want to make her angry by getting caught eavesdropping on her.
- Teiko (the 8th rival of 1980s Mode, the “prodigy”) now has a much different routine; she walks back and forth between the faculty room and the library, assisting the teachers in gathering materials for lessons.
- Students will no longer attend meetings if they are wearing swimsuits. If you’ve scheduled a meeting for a time of day when a character will be wearing a swimsuit, they’ll just never show up to the meeting.
- Students now react to the sight of a mind-broken slave instead of completely ignoring the presence of a girl wearing rags shuffling through school while muttering “…kill…kill…kill…” to herself.
- It is now possible to access the “Ideas” menu while in Ryoba’s home, because there isn’t any reason why that menu option should be unavailable at home.
- The training baton will no longer have an outline in Yandere Vision, since it was confusing players who didn’t understand why they couldn’t pick it up.
- From now on, a corpse dropped from the school rooftop will actually make a sound when it hits the ground, alarming nearby students.
- Picking up a crafting item will now cause a notification to appear onscreen, so that players understand they’ve obtained an item.
- The Journalist will no longer become alarmed by the player when the “Cloaking Device” is active in the Alphabet Killer Challenge.
- If Osana is being bullied at school, she will no longer perform her Thursday afternoon pool event; she’s too sad to sunbathe.
- Adjusted the “entering Yandere Vision” and “exiting Yandere Vision” sound effects so that they would not be so cartoony.
- It is no longer possible to hear the Light Music Club practicing their music when you are on the floor above them.
- Delinquents will no longer counterattack you if they are blinded by a smoke bomb when you try to attack them.
- Removed the “blue tint” from the 202X student portraits. The tint had been re-activated on accident.
- The loud sound of a bucket striking a student’s head from above will now alarm nearby students.
- Sleuths will no longer follow their targets into bathrooms.
- A certain texture has been updated. I won’t point out which one it is. The only thing I’ll say about it is that it’s related to the lore/history/backstory of the game, but there is no way for you to know – at this point in time – what its relevance is. The significance of this texture won’t be readily apparent for a long time. However, you might get a clue on Halloween…
- On Monday at 3:30 PM, Osana tells Raibaru about her stalker. However, it’s possible for the player to arrange a meeting with Osana to talk about her stalker at 3:30 PM. This means that Raibaru would listen to Osana talk about her stalker, and then immediately afterwards, she would begin an event with Osana where she speaks as though she doesn’t know about the stalker. This oversight has been fixed.
- If two Heroic students noticed a corpse and began fleeing to safety and both of them became aware that the protagonist was a murder while fleeing, only one of the students would try to confront the protagonist. The other student would run to his classroom, and then instantly give the player a game over as soon as he reached his destination. This bug has been fixed.
- It became impossible to perform the “Attack” or “Kidnap” eliminations on Sonoko. This wasn’t actually intended. It was an oversight, so it has been fixed. It’s now possible to attack her (and by extension, kidnap her) as long as she is distracted by something when the attack occurs.
- If a student council member reported a weapon to a teacher, and the teacher noticed a different weapon on the ground while on the way to investigate the reported weapon, they would run to the reported weapon and then run back to the other weapon. This bug has been fixed.
- When you tried to skip school by interacting with your bed in the daytime, the game displayed a message saying that you’d lose 10 reputation points for doing so. This was incorrect; the actual amount of reputation that would be lost was 20. This error has been corrected.
- There was a bug that would prevent the player from being able to move around in Mission Mode. I believe that I’ve figured out the cause of the bug. I attempted to fix it, but I’m not entirely sure if the bug is truly fixed. Please test for it in the latest build.
- Fixed bug that would cause a student to become alarmed by the sight of a corpse in a garbage bag if it was in their cone of vision while they were checking the visibility/proximity of another nearby corpse that was not concealed inside of a garbage bag.
- The 10th Basement Tape was unlocked after kidnapping 10 girls, but the maximum number of girls you can kidnap in Week 1 is 5, so the 10th Basement Tape was unobtainable. Oops! From now on, the 10th tape will be unlocked after kidnapping just 2 girls.
- Fixed bug that would cause a Photography Club student to forget what they were supposed to be doing if they were distracted by a dropped object and decided to pick it up while their friends were having a strategy meeting inside their clubroom.
- Attempted to fix bug that would make it possible for the retro minigame to remain onscreen during gameplay. Nobody has been able to provide consistent steps for how to reliably trigger this bug, so I can’t really confirm if it’s truly fixed.
- Fixed bug that would prevent Senpai from reacting to Osana as she died of poison right next to him, if the player had enabled “Disable Distant Animations” and was a sufficient distance away, or was not pointing the camera directly at him.
- Fixed bug that would cause delinquents to enter the “running away” and “cheering for friend” states simultaneously if they were running away from a stink bomb at the same time as one of their friends got into a fight.
- If the player was caught by someone in the stalker’s house while Yandere Vision was active, Yandere Vision effects would appear onscreen and the game over sequence would occur in slow motion. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause the player to instantly receive a game over upon leaving the counselor’s office, if the player was sent to the counselor’s office due to being witnessed throwing a bang snap.
- Fixed bug that would cause Ritsuko (the “rich girl” rival from 1980s Mode) to run out of school in a swimsuit at the end of the day, if she wasn’t going to participate in an event with Senpai that day.
- Fixed bug that would make certain characters appear to “talk to thin air” if their club shut down and they were standing outside of their former club waiting for other former clubmembers to show up.
- Fixed bug that would cause the player to teleport from the shower building to the school plaza if the player spoke to a student while standing in a very specific spot inside of the shower building.
- If a Sleuth was distracted by a dropped object while sleuthing, they would not properly return to their routine after returning the dropped object to its correct location. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would keep the “Push” prompt above a student’s head even if they weren’t in a pushable situation, if the time of day had changed while they were in the “Pushable” state.
- Fixed bug that could cause the game to believe that it should be nighttime before school if the player selected “Restart at home” from the pause menu under specific circumstances.
- Fixed bug that would cause the Light Music Club’s music to play at 2x speed during the End-of-Day Results screen if the player ended the day while inside the Light Music Clubroom.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to lock up permanently if the player tried to speak to the president of the cooking club after getting kicked out of his club in 1980s Mode.
- If the player was suspended by the counselor while a corpse was present at school wrapped in a garbage bag, the corpse would never be discovered. This oversight has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to always start at the memorial scene if the player saved and loaded the game on a day that a memorial for a dead student had taken place.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the “students slide away from wall if they’re too close to a wall when they’re killed as a result of a physical struggle” feature from working.
- Fixed bug that would cause the player to lock in place permanently if a student council member saw the player dragging a corpse while the player was using a cloaking device.
- There was a bug that would cause smartphones to spontaneously appear in the hands of the 1989 Photography Club members at 4:45 PM. Weird, right?! This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause a student’s portrait to appear twice in the Memorial scene if the police discovered an intact corpse and a dismembered corpse on the same day.
- Fixed bug that would cause some female students to spawn with an incorrect bust size and not obtain the correct size until after the player had spoken directly to them.
- Fixed bug that would make the player lose reputation for “skipping school” to torture a prisoner on Sunday, a day where the player doesn’t actually attend school.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to believe that there were still corpses at school if the player incinerated a corpse while it was wrapped in a garbage bag.
- Fixed bug that could result in Musume initiating her “talk with Osana on Friday morning” event with Osana while she was being attacked by a mind-broken slave.
- Fixed bug that would cause rival girls to leave school while wearing swimsuits / gym uniforms instead of changing into normal clothing before leaving school.
- Fixed bug that would cause the protagonist’s bookbag to float in midair if the player saved and loaded the game while the protagonist was wearing a bookbag.
- Fixed bug that would cause a girl’s underwear to appear on top of her face if the player activated the cloaking device in the Alphabet Killer Challenge.
- The names of rivals who were not yet enrolled at school were appearing on the Cooking Club’s “Feed List.” Oops! This oversight has been corrected.
- Fixed bug that made it possible for students to recognize that the protagonist was committing murder even if the “cloaking device” was active.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from accurately remembering the amount of food remaining on the Cooking Club food plate when loading a save.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the game from recognizing that a character had died out of alphabetical order in the Alphabet Killer Challenge.
- Fixed bug that would sometimes cause characters to turn solid white while changing their shoes or spawning in the Alphabet Killer Challenge.
- Fixed bug that would cause a tranquilized Light Music Club member’s instrument case to clip through the box she had been placed inside of.
- Fixed bug that would cause Osana’s “talk with Musume on Friday morning” event to occur even if Musume was killed early on Friday morning.
- Fixed bug that would cause Ai Doruyashi’s suitor to change into his karate gi before going home if he was in a relationship with Ai.
- Sonoko will no longer shove the player or be alarmed by the player if she is currently following the player at the player’s request.
- Fixed bug that would prevent characters from reacting to dropped objects on the ground if “Disable Distant Animations” was enabled.
- Fixed bug that would cause Miyuji to use the wrong “Persona Reaction” if she witnessed murder after the Light Music Club shut down.
- Fixed bug that was causing certain 3D models to not render in the map view when the map was zoomed in at specific values.
- Fixed bug that prevented male students from spawning in correct locations in the 1980s Mode Alphabet Killer Challenge.
- Due to some leftover code from years ago, Kokona and Riku would leave school early. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that prevented the props inside of the Art Room from rendering when viewed from the map screen.
- Fixed bug that caused delinquent girls to spawn in the wrong location in the Alphabet Killer Challenge.
- Fixed bug that would cause one of the 1980s Mode students’ hair to disappear when she witnessed murder.
- Fixed bug that would prevent male students from reacting when being attacked by a mind-broken slave.
- Fixed bug that made Nemesis always choose the same student to disguise herself as (Kuroko Kamenaga).
- Fixed bug that made the blue tarp appear glitchy when on the ground inside of the shower building.
- Fixed bug that would make Dafuni and Beruma suddenly deviate from their routine at 4:45 PM.
- Fixed bug that made it impossible for Nemesis to be killed by electricity in Mission Mode.
- Fixed bug that would cause weird flashes of light to appear in the town in 1980s Mode.
- Fixed bug that would make Sonoko shove Ryoba even as a mind-broken slave.
39 thoughts on “October 23rd Bug-Fixing Build”
I love that cake! Thanks for the new build!
Thanks for fixing the Sonoko kidnapping oversight! I thought it would be completely impossible to kidnap her.
Whenever I made a note for the rainbow girls about suspicious activity in week 10, they just reject the note.
day two of asking to change the Basu sisters’ stockings
Why? I think they look amazing and fit their supernatural vibe. But, at the end of the day, we each have different tastes and that’s okay. So I respect your opinion. Just curious as to why you dislike them? No hate, again, just curious.
When you steal the answer sheets from the Faculty Room, the sound of the paper rustling goes on after you have finished stealing the sheet.
Whoops…I’ll fix that in the next build.
hi can you fix horudas reputation going down because it gives me the notification that it went down but when i go home and check in the student profiles her reputation it has reset to its default reputation
Daaamn, DAT CAKE LOK GOOD!
I think the special case gossip rejection makes a lot of sense. I would like to give u a few suggestions on who should follow that list it’s mainly from the struggle mini game when there are special cases. Pippi and Ryuto since they have feelings for each other. Kokona and Saki cause they are best friends. Riku for Kokona as he has a crush on her. The suitors for the same situation. And the photography club about each other. And if these are already in the game sorry I haven’t had full time to 100% test out the features.
all of them already does that. if a family member or a friend and a student with a crush sees you killing the person they care about, than they apprehend you.
Hey thanks for the update. Two of the bugs listed I actually had myself! I was waiting on reporting them to see if I could replicate them reliably. (The corpse present/garbage bag thing happened to me twice, but I went back a save and did the exact same thing, and somehow it didn’t show a corpse present.)
A couple of suggestions regarding the cooking club list of people not to feed:
1. You could add Ayano’s name on the list crossed out and make it un-editable, to be a lore explanation for why Ayano isn’t given food.
2. Shouldn’t the list be in alphabetical order?
Love the lore implications of why this would be the case.
the list isnt in alphabetical order because each cooking club member feeds a whole club therefore its in groups
day three of asking to change the Basu sisters’ stockings
I have so many questions on that cake. First, who ordered it, who made it, and how much did it cost? That’s three questions, but don’t worry about it. Just get me the answers.
I don’t know if it happens to other students but, when I kidnap Musume and finish the day, the game doesn’t let me advance and stays on stage” Ayano waits until midnight, sneaks into the school and returns the instrument case in which it contains his unconscious victim”. Regardless of whether you press “e” or the “space” key (Sorry for my bad English)
I attempted to re-create the bug that you described by following the instructions that you provided.
However, the bug did not occur for me.
It’s possible that this bug only occurs as a result of some additional step that wasn’t included in your instructions.
Did this bug only happen to you once, or does it happen every time you execute a specific set of actions? Can you re-create the bug any time?
If you can figure out specifically what action causes this bug to happen, please let me know.
(It might help if you e-mail me a video of yourself re-creating the bug.)
I don’t want to bother you Sir but it’s already solved, I just had to reinstall the game, sorry if I gave you any concern :c
Hey yandev I think I have a suggestion.
Example the rainbow girls should have unique stockings matching their hair color instead of socks. Same thing for Midori
Also I noticed that Shiromis stocking isn’t all the way to her knees it only reaches the ankles. Was this intentional? The rest of the student council has their stocking all the way to their knees.
Have you ever considered adding unique personas in the game? Example Apathetic, Broken, and Shrine Maiden. Just a question.
Another thing I noticed is that people qho can fight back ex basu sisters kokona Saki himari etc have Incapable of self defense in their student profile. People who are Incapable of self defense won’t even try to fight back if they witness a murder. They should have very weak or weak self defense in their student profiles so that the player knows not to mess with them.
Hey YandereDev, There are 2 bugs that I
encountered. One: Osana and all other students reject all the topics when I put a note in their locker. For example, Osana should accept the stalkers and blackmail topic since that is one of her befriend/betray elimination method but instead rejects the note, this also happens to all students, another example, if horuda is getting bullied, she will accept the note if the topic is bullying, I tested it and she rejected it
Two: When I took a bounty screenshot, it didn’t identify even though I took a screenshot of it clearly
Thanks for reading, debug commands were off when I tested this.
1. Whoops…I’ll fix that in the next build.
2. I need to know what bounty you were attempting.
I think it was: take a picture of “Red Spike Hair Boy” while playing games before 5:00 PM
No, the feature is working as intended. You just have to take a photo of him when he is actively pressing buttons on his phone, not just staring at his phone.
Probably all 5 of them since I tested it all throughout week 1
The term “Feed List” Still makes me uneasy for some reason. Perhaps “Catering List”?
That’s probably a good suggestion. If nobody else can suggest anything better, I’ll use this term from now on.
I appreciate it!
Unfortunately I found myself encountering the unable-to-move bug in mission mode while giving it a rigorous test.
Steps that have led to this:
Replaying mission after failing at least once.
Tabbing out of the game during loading (using the Windows button to pull up my start menu), clicking to another window, and then returning to the game once loaded.
Allows for moving the camera but nothing else, no menu, no movement, no giggle/yandere vision – seems to not register any inputs beyond mouse movement.
I should note this isn’t consistent. It only occurs sometimes (perhaps has something to do with *when* during loading I tab out?)
Curiously, though unable to open ANY menus or input any other commands, I CAN still activate the minimap by pressing I 10 times as usual!
I have encountered the same bug too! I was unable to move around at all. I had know idea why this happened but it seems like I gotten the same bug that you had.
*no idea. sorry for the spelling mistake
Now students finally will react walking mind-broked students. I liked it.
‘Picking up a crafting item will now cause a notification to appear onscreen’ Thank you so much! it was so confusing before this update but we can clearly know that we have taken an item now.