Oops! There were a few bugs in the last build. Please get the latest build so you don’t have to deal with those issues.
To see a list of everything that was fixed or improved in the latest build, scroll down past this meme parody!
It always puts a huge smile on my face whenever someone creates a Yandere Simulator version of the latest dancing meme, like the Helltaker dance meme or the Ankha dance meme. I appreciate these a lot!
- Certain craftable materials shouldn’t disappear after they’ve been obtained, because they are a container of multiple items. For example, the container of hairpins and the container of paperclips. From now on, the containers won’t disappear after the player has grabbed some materials from them, meaning that the player to keep crafting certain items as long as they run back to where the materials were found and grab some more from the container.
- In the retro minigame, there is now a slight time gap between getting a game over and being allowed to retry, so that the player is less likely to mash the button and skip directly past the game over before they get to see what their score was.
- The “Dot Matrix” handheld gaming device now uses a different texture depending on what time period you’re using it in. In 1989, it looks brand new. In 202X, it looks like it has 30 years of wear-and-tear.
- The heart’s hitbox in the retro minigame is now more accurate to the shape of a heart, so that you are less likely to get a “WTF, it wasn’t even touching!!” type of game over.
- In a previous build, I updated Miyuji’s hair model, but I never updated her portrait. Oops! Miyuji’s portrait has now been updated.
- For testing purposes, I programmed the Achievement Popup to activate if I pressed the left ctrl key. I forgot to disable this when I exported the last build. Whoops! It’s fixed in the latest build.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to skip past Friday (and thus bypass a rival’s confession) by choosing to dispose of a dead prisoner’s corpse on Friday morning.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to always believe that the police had been called to school at the end of every day (affecting the Basu Sisters’ conversations).
- Fixed bug that caused student council girls to never return to their correct walking animation after they finished reporting a suspicious object to a teacher.
- Fixed bug that made the minimap automatically turn itself on if the player exited the light music club minigame or the delinquent beat-em-up minigame.
- Fixed bug that would cause the Journalist to disappear from school after the “Counselor yells at rival for breaking school rules” sequence.
- Fixed bug that would cause Osana to immediately die as soon as she was kidnapped, if she was kidnapped through the Befriend/Betray method.
- Fixed bug that made it possible to sell a corpse to the Yakuza for money. (He only wants to pay for living girls, not dead ones.)
- Fixed bug that would cause a dead prisoner to twitch, even though they were supposed to be completely motionless while dead.