Hello! I hope you read my blog post about “The Big June Update!” It was a pretty significant update, so if you’re curious to know what the biggest recent additions to the game are, I would recommend reading that blog post!
There were a handful of bugs in that build, so I’m releasing a bug-fixing build. Most notably, the “Chat Interaction” feature should finally be working! (I hope!)
To read a list of everything that was fixed or changed in the latest build, scroll down past this sweet and heartwarming artwork by Bbreaad!
Fixes and Changes
- A murder victim can no longer be a witness to their own death. (Attacking someone from the front will no longer cause the “murder witnessed” effect, or cause the number of murder witnesses to increase by one. This may come in handy for Mission Mode.)
- Fixed bug that caused the “Empty Bucket” and “Wash Weapon” buttons to appear simultaneously and intersect with one another if the player approached a water basin with a bucket of liquid immediately after having held a bloody weapon.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to get softlocked inside of the game’s tutorial by washing a knife at a water basin so that they wouldn’t be able to dispose of the bloody knife at the incinerator later.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the game from remembering that the player had spawned a Smoke Bomb and left it lying on the ground somewhere at school, when saving/loading the game.
- Fixed bug that caused teachers in 1980s Mode to turn invisible when the player approached them, if the player was using the “disable character models at far distances” feature.
- Fixed bug that would cause male Science Club members’ bodies and faces to deform when performing the “rummage around for supplies” animation in the school’s storage rooms.
- Fixed bug that caused Light Music Club girls to perform their “playing instrument” animation in the wrong locations after searching for a lost phone and then finding it.
- Fixed bug that would cause Senpai to permanently appear as a blue silhouette if the player was using the “disable character models at far distances” feature.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from accurately remembering whether or not the player had performed a club activity when saving/loading the game.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the game from acknowledging whether or not any murder weapons were present at school during the End-of-Day sequence.
- Fixed bug that prevented certain characters from being able to notice Ryoba’s presence in the “burn photographs in the insane asylum” mission.
- Fixed bug that would cause the Journalist to forget that he had just witnessed Ryoba commit murder if he saw a corpse on the ground.
- Adjusted Journalist behavior so that it’s not so easy to trick him into leaving the area that he is supposed to be guarding.
- Fixed bug that caused Osana to get “stuck” on Senpai when trying to run from her lunchtime sitting location to her locker.
- Fixed bug that prevented certain characters’ hair models from rendering while they were reacting to murder.
- Fixed bug that prevented the “Week Select” method from populating the basement with kidnapped rival girls.
- Updated the “Kaobook” page within the game to refer to Akademi as an “academy” and not as a high school.
- Fixed bug that caused octo-dogs to appear on a plate before the octo-dogs had actually been prepared.
- Fixed bug that made Gema revert to his old idle/walk animations after being told to fix his posture.
- Updated the artwork for the “Cherry Touch” manga that Ayano can purchase.
- Fixed bug that prevented the Chat Interaction feature from working.