Oops! Not all of the features added to the last build were working properly, and the last build also introduced some new bugs. Sorry about that! Here’s a new build with those issues resolved.
To read a list of everything that got fixed in the latest build, scroll down past this badass illustration of a katana-wielding delinquent Ayano drawn by RedfoxDreams!
- It should now be absolutely impossible to murder your rival in the area where the Journalist patrols, prior to the rival leaving that area. (It’s still possible later on in the day, but not within the first 60 seconds of the schoolday.)
- Fixed bug that could result in students instantly becoming aware of the existence of corpses on the opposite side of the school, when reloading a save file that had corpses present in the school scene.
- Fixed bug that caused the game to freeze and spawn infinite heads when dismembering a student if the student was being dismembered after loading a save file.
- Fixed bug that made the game believe that there were still bloody weapons at school even after the player had incinerated all bloody weapons.
- Updated the posters on the bulletin boards inside of the classrooms to remove references to anything that wouldn’t have existed in 1989.
- Fixed bug that prevented students from being marked as dead in the Student Info menu if the player reloaded a save file.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to become unable to pathfind to any corpse that was on top of the school gym stage.
- Fixed bug that caused the sign outside of the Counselor’s room to read “Info Club” instead of “Counselor’s Office.”
- Fixed bug that prevented the “dig holes in the gardening club” feature from working.
- Fixed bug that prevented the “dump corpse into barrel” feature from working.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to fit a Jerry Can inside of a bookbag.
I’m aware that there are more bugs than this in the current build, and I intend to release a bug-fixing build soon, but I wanted to release a new build with the above bugs fixed as soon as possible.
32 thoughts on “May 16th Bug-Fixing Build”
Question, are the council members supposed to consider carrying a bucket of water (or one filled with bleach-and-water) suspicious and send you to the counselor in1980s mode for it? It confused me because I figured, it’s just a bucket of water, what’s so suspicious about that?
It is suspicious to them, bcs its not cleaning time I guess.
But yeah, kinda weird still, I mean, what if u accidently spilled your drink/food and wanted to clean it up?
because if its not cleaning time who would go around with a bucket
I guess it doesn’t make sense a student would carry a bucket for no reason (if it wasn’t cleaning time). I’d say it is partly sus.
Its not cleaning time.
But still, I would say, It’s a little weird. I mean, what if u accidently spilled your food or drink and wanted toclean it up?
It’s always been considered as suspicious, not only in 1980s mode but in 202x mode too. Other students will be suspicious if the protags bring a bucket or mop around the school when it’s NOT cleaning time. You can apologize to some student tho, but not the council.
because it is not cleaning time at school yet. If you were walking around with a bucket of water randomly at school, other people would logically find that a bit funny.
YandereDev! I am very happy about the changes you have been doing to the game. Good job in your work!
The sad part is I left my PC at my place and I’m on vacation so I cant play yandere simulator until next year 😭
There are some bugs in this build: students run instead of walk after you have attend class, and the student info are still glitching while being viewed in bedroom. Talking to students also become glitchy
I have fixed the “students run instead of walk after you have attend class” bug.
However, “Talking to students also become glitchy” is too vague, I don’t understand what that means.
Yandere Dev, is the videogame store in 1980s mode supposed to be not working? I cannot buy any of the games there, despite having the money for it.
the game is not complete, so many of these things for sale don’t exist yet, the game store doesn’t work in both game modes
Ah, ok. Wasn’t sure.
I am so happy that sign bug was finally fixed I think it’s been like that for awhile but nobody has really picked it up.
It would be very useful if we can tag an object like we tag a person, because sometimes I lose my things, weapons, or other stuff. Specially when you can’t find the bloody weapon you left somewhere
Hm…nobody’s requested that one before. I’ll think about it…
When you get bang snaps from info chan, the aiming thing will for some reason stay on you no matter if you drop them or not.
Sorry, this one should be fixed in the next build…
I believe there could be a notification saying “I could use this item in the workshop” when picking up a craftable item
I’m not sure if you know about the bug I just ran into already- I basically walked up to the journalist and pulled out a pair of scissor. The Journalist kept saying “I knew it was you!” and the game was basically frozen in place. (I just wanted to make sure you knew.
Sorry, this one should be fixed now…
Yay! Also, I hope you got my email about my issue.
Why are we only allowed to have the katana on our back if we are wearing the bag thing? in the official art ayano is seen wearing it on her back normally.
It’s just a beautiful art.
Thank You for Updating! Can’t wait to see what you come up with in the future.
I was trying to steal the ring from the bausue girl at lunch and she never took it off. I tried waiting and befriending her and she never took it off. I even looked at the schemes (expel Osana Tuesday) and it said to steal it at lunch but she never took it off. I’m not sure if you are supposed to do it a different way or if it is a bug. if it is not a bug then the scheme list needs to be changed.
Sorry, I updated the way the game works. Now you have to steal her ring by splashing water on her.