Darn, there were some unforgivable bugs in the last build! I’ve prepared a new update with 27 differences from the previous build.
To see a list of everything that changed, scroll down past this photograph of my car:
Just kidding! That’s not a real-life vehicle; it’s a virtual car from a video game, decorated with a custom texture. What game? Who made the texture? Who took the screenshot? I’m really sorry; I don’t actually know! But, I still wanted to share this with you, anyway, since it made me really happy to know that someone enjoys Yandere Simulator enough to decorate their virtual car with it!
Blue Screen Bug Update
In my previous post, I dedicated four paragraphs to talking about an unusual bug that I couldn’t solve, and I have an update on the situation.
Thanks to assistance from someone who has experience with the Unity game engine, the exact cause of the “Blue Screen Bug” has been determined! The problem has been resolved, and now it should be possible to play 1980s Mode at non-16:9 aspect ratios without the blue screen bug!
…with that said, the game’s UI/HUD was made for 16:9 aspect ratios only, and playing the game in any other aspect ratio will result in parts of the HUD being cut off. I actually never meant to allow people to be able to play the game at any other aspect ratio, and people were only able to do it because of an oversight on my part.
Designing a game’s UI to only be compatible with one aspect ratio was a very bad decision, and I eventually want to update the HUD elements to dynamically resize/reposition themselves so that the game can be played at any aspect ratio. However, doing that is not a high priority right now, so for now, the game will remain compatible with 16:9 only. (I do think that this is one of those things I should eventually fix, though. Along with allowing the player to be able to re-map the controls…)
On the plus side, though, there is something very uplifting about this situation. I posted about the Blue Screen Bug at 12:35 AM, and received a solution at 7:42 AM. It’s uplifting to know that if I’m struggling with a problem, there are people willing to investigate the issue and offer me their advice within 8 hours. I appreciate that very much!
Fixes and Changes
- If Osana has an event scheduled to take place immediately after she changes her shoes at her locker, she will fail to notice a note inside of her locker, because she is too distracted/preoccupied by her upcoming event. This is a deliberate game design decision, not a bug. However, many people misidentified it as a bug and reported it. So, from now on a message will be displayed onscreen if Osana overlooks a note in her locker, to inform players of why she didn’t find the note.
- If you are playing with a keyboard, it is now possible to use the WASD keys to move the little target icon during the guidance counselor segment, if you would prefer to do that instead of using your mouse cursor to click your reply to the guidance counselor.
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to end the day while a murder-suicide was taking place, resulting in a situation where the murder victim came back to life, and the character who committed suicide also came back to life and got arrested by the police.
- Fixed bug that caused the game to incorrectly check whether or not the protagonist was near a dead body, if the player had placed a dead body into a locker and removed it from that locker earlier in the day.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the “Offer Help” prompt from appearing if the player arranged a meeting with a rival, didn’t talk to the rival, then arranged a 2nd meeting later in the day.
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to skip past Monday and go directly into Tuesday if the player was using the “Week Select” screen to skip directly to a specific week in 1980s Mode.
- If the player killed a student, saved, reloaded, then disposed of that student’s body, that student would continue to appear at school on subsequent days. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that prevented a bloody weapon’s outline color from returning to the “harmless object” color if the weapon had been cleaned and no longer counted as murder evidence.
- If a club closes down, the game is supposed to display a camera shot of the relevant club. Due a bug, this camera shot was not being displayed. That bug has been fixed.
- From now on, the 1980s Mode student council member responsible for patrolling in clubrooms will patrol through the Newspaper Club, as well. (Previously, he didn’t.)
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to change the currently-selected save file while the “Are you sure you want to delete this save file?” window was onscreen.
- Fixed bug that prevented a raincoat’s outline from turning orange if it was splatted with blood. (All murder evidence is supposed to have an orange outline.)
- Fixed bug that prevented students from spawning properly if the player spent 1 hour torturing a kidnapped student before going to school in the morning.
- From now on, the game will remember the state of the bookshelves in the library (whether or not they have been knocked over) when saving and loading.
- When removing an item from a bookbag, the item now instantly appears in the protagonist’s hands, instead of unceremoniously plopping onto the ground.
- Fixed bug that caused the Journalist to identify Ryoba as carrying a corpse if she was carrying a corpse that was concealed inside of a garbage bag.
- Fixed bug that would cause a student to remain locked in place permanently if the player saved and loaded while a student was changing their shoes.
- Fixed bug that caused the protagonist to be identified as “near a dead body” even if the dead body was concealed inside of a trash bag.
- Fixed bug that caused students to ignore notes in their locker while changing their shoes at the beginning of the day.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to lockpick the nurse’s medicine cabinet in 1980s Mode.
- From now on, when a club shuts down in 1980s Mode, the poster for that club will disappear from the school.
- Fixed bug that would cause item names to display strangely when concealed inside of a bookbag.
- Fixed bug that would make Raibaru run into classroom 1-1 while Osana was changing her shoes.
- Fixed bug that allowed a student whose phone had been stolen to call the police.
- Fixed bug that prevented “Discord Rich Presence” from working as intended.
- Fixed bug that could cause the game’s resolution to become 193×1 pixels.
- It is no longer possible to conceal a trash can inside of a bookbag.