Hello! I have a new bug-fixing build for you today!
To see a list of everything that has been changed in the latest build, scroll down past this beautiful illustration from bbreaad!
Oh, what, you thought I only wanted to share one gorgeous illustration from bbreaad I wanted to share? Think again! Here’s another!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- If the player attempts to attend class while the washing machine is currently washing some bloody clothing, the game will report that there is currently bloody clothing present at school. This is intentional, but has been mistaken for a bug. From now on, the text “The washing machine is still running” will display when the player attempts to attend class under these circumstances, so that the player understands why the game is reporting the presence of bloody clothing.
- Fixed bug that was preventing a feature from working – the “If students suspect a serial killer at school, and then a student is arrested by the police, everyone at school believes that the school has become a safer place, so School Atmosphere improves” feature.
- From now on, whenever the player highlights the “Report Narcotics” option in the Counselor menu, a little warning will appear to let the player know that reporting a girl for possession of illegal narcotics will cause her to be arrested, NOT expelled.
- From now on, if a rival’s suitor goes looking for the rival, but they are inside of the school incinerator, the suitor will look around in a confused fashion, then leave and not search for the rival any more.
- From now on, any female student with a smile as their default facial expression will no longer smile if Ryoba tries to speak to them, if the student has witnessed Ryoba commit murder in the past.
- Fixed bug that caused the Journalist to apprehend Ryoba for being splattered with blood, even though she was wearing a painter’s smock and the blood should have been mistaken for red paint.
- Fixed bug that caused a student’s corpse to turn invisible unless the player was pointing their camera at the location where that student had died – but only after reloading a save.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from putting a student’s corpse into a trash bag if the player was loading a save that involved corpses in trash bags present at school.
- Fixed bug that would prevent the “Toggle” button from working on the Mission Mode screen if the player was using a mod to translate the game into another language.
- All students in 1980s Mode now have unique reputation values (previously, they were all using the same reputation values as the 202X students).
- Updated the “Characters” page of the official website with new artwork for how Ryoba looks in modern day, and also artwork for Ronshaku Loans.
- The message “Debug Commands Enabled!” will now appear when activating debug commands, so that players can be certain that they are activated.
- The Art Club in 1980s Mode now create unique cherry tree paintings on Friday, instead of creating the same paintings as the 202X Art Club.
- Fixed bug that made the Gardening Club President of 1989 speak with a female voice after he noticed the player trying to pickpocket him.
- Fixed bug that would cause the Senpai of 202X to appear bald in the intro cutscene if the player selected the 13th hair option for him.
- There was a part of the asylum that did not have proper ground detection, allowing Ryoba to walk on air. This area is now inaccessible.
- The “police investigation sequence” now features unique background music in 1980s Mode, composed by CameronF305.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from recognizing when the player had collected a Senpai Shrine item. (There is still only one.)
- Fixed bug that made the “hair stuck in fan, decapitated by fan blades” elimination method possible for 1980s Mode rivals.
- Fixed bug that would cause Nemesis’ corpse to turn invisible if the player tried to wrap her dead body in a garbage bag.
- Fixed bug that caused the game to incorrectly track which students the player had taken a panty shot of.
- Fixed bug that prevented Ryoba from having her unique facial shape while wearing her pajamas at home.
- Fixed bug that caused the game to recognize a bucket full of liquid as a bucket full of dumbbells.
- Corrected likes/dislikes for students who had the incorrect number of likes/dislikes.
- Updated the hair/eye textures for the 1980s Mode Sports Club and Photography Club.
- Fixed bug that prevented the “dump corpse off of rooftop” feature from working.
- Updated various miscellaneous hair models for female students in 1980s Mode.
- Changed the hairstyle for the 1980s Mode Martial Arts Club President.
- It is now possible to find a box of cigarettes inside of the asylum.
- Fixed bug that made it possible to access Yanvania in 1980s Mode.
- Updated the hair model for one of the 202X swimming club boys.
- Ryoba now uses the correct face when she is in the town.
- Fixed clipping issues in the 1980s nurse’s coat.
- Fixed typos in 1980s Mode student profiles.
On January 17th, 2009, I streamed a video game for the first time. It completely changed my life; once I experienced the thrill of playing video games while interacting with an audience, I didn’t want to do anything else! For a period of several years, I streamed every day, usually for 12 hours straight!
These days, I don’t have as much spare time to stream as I previously did. However, every year, during the month of January, I take two days off from work to celebrate the anniversary of my streaming career by replaying the first two games I ever streamed. On January 17th, I play Resident Evil 4, and on January 19th, I play Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon.
This year, I’ll be playing the VR re-release of RE4. That’s right, I’ll be wearing a VR headset for the anniversary stream this year! I’m not actually sure how long the battery will last, but I’ll stream for as long as I can! If I can’t beat the game in one sitting, that just means I’ll stream it for a couple of hours every day until I eventually beat it.
If you’d like to join me, you can find me at twitch.tv/yanderedev. I plan to start at 12:00 noon in the PST timezone. Even if you only pop in for a few minutes just to say hello, I would be very happy to see you there!