Hello! There are two things that may be worthy of your attention today.
First, the launcher has been updated with a few bug fixes. Second, I’ve added some new debug functionality to Yandere Simulator.
The new debug functionality is the ability to skip directly to a specific week, and to decide a few specifics while you’re doing so, such as how the previous rivals were eliminated, how much reputation you have at school, etc:
This is useful for if your save file gets deleted somehow and you want to return to the week that you were last playing, or if you’re a YouTuber who wants to record footage of a specific rival/week, or if you’re trying to report a bug that only happens on Week 10 but you don’t want to play through 10 weeks just to get there.
To access this menu, highlight a save file on the Title Screen and then press the “R” key (or the “Y” button if you’re playing with a controller). Once you’re at the menu, use the keys/buttons listed at the bottom of the screen to set things up.
I hope this new functionality will be useful to you!
But, of course, that’s not the only thing that is new in the latest build. Click “Continue Reading” for the full changelog!
Fixes, Changes, Additions
- You can now jump straight to a specific week in 1980s Mode. At the title screen, highlight a save file and press the “R” key (or the “Y” button on controller) to access a screen that lets you skip straight to any week of your choosing.
- Devoted fans of Yandere Simulator have developed a mod that translates the game from English into Russian. However, players were unable to use buckets while using this mod, since buckets were programmed to check button prompts for the presence of certain English words in order to operate. I have updated the bucket’s functionality to no longer be dependent on the words in its button prompt, so that foreign fans of the game using translation mods don’t lose access to any of the game’s features.
- When Ayano talks to Osana to discuss her stalker, she says “I overheard you talking with your friend.” However, this conversation can be initiated before Osana talks to Raibaru about her stalker. So, that line of dialogue is now slightly different if the conversation is initiated before Osana has had an opportunity to talk to Raibaru about her stalker.
- If the player put a note into a Sleuth’s locker and told the Sleuth to go check their locker, and the rest of the Sleuths began investigating students while the other Sleuth was running towards their locker, the Sleuth who was headed for their locker would change their destination and never check their locker. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player made progress towards making a rival fall in love with a suitor and then reset the week, the game would remember some of the matchmaking progress, making it difficult to perform certain actions (such as impressing the rival with a trait). This bug has been fixed.
- If the player increased the suitor’s stats and then got a game over (or closed the game) and restarted the day, the game would remember the fact that the suitor’s stats had been increased. This bug has been fixed.
- Changed the texture for the hedges and bushes around the school. Hedge walls and bushes dominate many parts of the school, so this significantly changes the look-and-feel of the school.
- Fixed bug that caused a rival’s expectations of a suitor’s courage/intelligence/strength to rise higher if he failed to impress the rival with that trait on a previous day.
- Fixed bug that caused female Sports Club members to perpetually walk in place in the school gym after they finished running along the 100m sprinting track behind the gym.
- The boys in the Sports Club (both time periods) now have different levels of musculature when they are in their swimming outfits. (It’s subtle, but it’s there.)
- From now on, if the player uses the “Sneak Panty Shot” feature while holding an object, they will drop the object before pulling out their phone.
- Fixed bug that would prevent a Sleuth from properly reaching their destination when going to a meeting after receiving a note in their locker.
- There was a single bucket at school (in the school gym) where any liquid poured inside of it would appear invisible. This has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause a dropped gym uniform in 202X to have the same appearance as a gym uniform from 1989.
- The boys of the 1989 Sports Club now have different legging textures than the boys of the 202X Sports Club.
- Fixed bug that could cause two students sent to sleep in the infirmary to choose to sleep in the same bed.
- Updated Schoolday 9 with a new, revised version of the track composed by CameronF305.
- Fixed bug that prevented the pause screen’s “Reset Day At Home” feature from working.
- Fixed bug that messed up the intended appearance of the hair salon cutscene.