As I predicted, there were some bugs in the first release of 1980s Mode. I’ve prepared a new build that fixes around 24 issues. There are still a few more bugs that I need to fix, but it’s late at night and I’m super tired, so I’m going to stop here for today and resume bug-fixing tomorrow.
Want to see a list of everything that was fixed or changed in the latest build? Scroll down past this badass-looking illustration of the Phantom Girl by eisenhut-m1s3!
Fixes and Changes
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause Ryoba to fall through the ground and exit the boundaries of the asylum environment if the player attempted to skip the “climb through window” animation.
- There was a bug in the tutorial that would cause the game to freeze if the player put away their knife after being instructed to kill Sumire (the tutorial girl). This bug has been fixed.
- There was a bug in the tutorial that would prevent Sumire’s body from performing any animations if the player tried to move her around after killing her. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to get stuck and be unable to pathfind properly if they walked onstage while the 6th Rival’s soundstage props were present in the school gym.
- Fixed bug that would exit 1980s Mode and put the player into the main gameplay mode if they used the “Reset Week” command from the Heartbroken screen.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to transition out of Friday if they paid the Yakuza to abduct a girl earlier in the week.
- Attempted to fix bug that would cause Ryoba to never complete her “climb through window” animation when attempting to enter the asylum.
- Fixed bug that caused the 2022 Headmaster and 2022 Counselor to appear during a memorial service held in 1980s Mode.
- Being pepper-sprayed by the Journalist now results in an “ARRESTED” game over rather than an “EXPELLED” game over.
- Fixed bug that would cause the radio texture to glitch out if the player turned it on and off in 1980s Mode.
- The protagonist’s icon on the map is now Ryoba’s face instead of Ayano’s face when playing in 1980s Mode.
- Fixed bug that would cause Ryoba to start using Ayano’s hairstyle after wearing and removing a raincoat.
- Fixed bug that would result in the currently-playing Schoolday track being listed as “Schoolday 0.”
- Fixed bug that allowed the player to activate the Miyuki AR game within 1980s Mode.
- Fixed bug that could result in a 2022 “Schoolday” track playing during 1980s Mode.
- Changed the line that the Headmaster says after incapacitating Ryoba with a taser.
- The 7th Rival, Ai, was singing out-of-sync with her band. This has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that caused Osana to appear for all rivals’ suicide cutscenes.
- Kuroko has been removed from the “Pool’s Closed” sign in 1980s Mode.
- Fixed typo in tutorial instructions for removing bloody clothing.
- Fixed typo in the cutscene preceeding the 7th rival.
- Updated the hair texture for Sonoko (final rival).
- The word “memes” is now “jokes” in 1980s Mode.
- Updated the game’s credits with the names of some of the people who contributed to 1980s Mode.
- For some reason, the framerate goes down during Weeks 8, 9, and 10, but only when pointing the camera towards large groups of students. I’m not sure why this doesn’t happen in other weeks. I’ll investigate this.
- 1980s models are appearing in Yandere-chan’s time period. I’ll fix this within the next few days, but right now, I feel that fixing 1980s Mode bugs are higher priority, since 1980s Mode is the big star attraction right now.