Hello! I’m here to give you a status report on my recent progress!
I spent the past two weeks working on various aspects of the upcoming “10 Rivals Update.” I’m happy to say that I’ve been able to make progress much faster than I initially expected! If I can keep up this pace, then I think that the update is going to be finished way sooner than I originally anticipated!
I want to keep most details of the update a secret until the whole thing is finished, so I won’t be mentioning very many specifics today. However, I will say that the 10 Rivals Update involves a lot more than just programming some new girls to spawn; the next build going to contain a whole bunch of new features, as well as a lot of changes to the game’s previously-existing mechanics.
I’m going to intentionally be very vague to avoid spoilers, but here is a list of some of the changes that were made to the game recently:
- 1 new option has been added to the Title Screen.
- 8 new options have been added to the Settings menu.
- I have created a system for “simplified cutscenes” so that the between-rival story events don’t require 3D animations or voice acting.
- There is now a proper tutorial that walks the player through the game’s controls and getting-away-with-murder mechanics.
- 1 new option has been added to the pause screen menu.
- There is now a bulletin board near the shoe locker area of the school. Something new appears on the bulletin board every day.
- 1 new Student Task has been added to the game.
- 1 new elimination method has been added to the game.
- 23 new music tracks have been added to the game.
I’ve also made various changes to the Demo Checklist, the game’s credits sequence, the calendar screen, Yandere-chan’s home, the stores in the street, the gameplay HUD, the student portraits, the delinquents, the student council, the teachers, and the Guidance Counselor!
With so many changes, I think Yandere Simulator is going to feel like a completely different game in the next update! You might not even recognize it anymore! In many ways, it will finally be the game that many people hoped it was going to be back in 2014/2015.
I’m really proud of the work I’ve done, and I’m super eager to show it off to you! …but, it would be a lot more rewarding to unveil everything in a big dramatic reveal once it’s finished, rather than spoil the surprise anticlimactically in a blog post.
For the past 7 years, I’ve established a routine of making a post every 2 weeks to show you my latest progress, so that there is always a steady stream of cool news for you to get excited about. This is one of the rare occasions when I am sitting on a giant mountain of cool content to show off, but I am deliberately withholding everything in order to save it all for a big surprise. I’m really sorry that I can’t show off any super thrilling screenshots or video clips in today’s blog post…but, I want you to know that I’m really happy with the progress I’ve made so far, and development is moving along really smoothly! Please keep visiting this blog in the future, because I’ll continue to post updates on my progress right up until it’s time to release the 10 Rivals Update!
As always, thank you very, very much for continuing to follow the development of Yandere Simulator!